Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] PLEASE I NEED SAMSUNG GALAXY GRAND NEO TWRP\CWM FULL BACKUP
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] PLEASE I NEED SAMSUNG GALAXY GRAND NEO TWRP\CWM FULL BACKUP

[Please help] PLEASE I NEED SAMSUNG GALAXY GRAND NEO TWRP\CWM FULL BACKUP

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
donfakey
donfakey
donfakey
Enthusiastic Member
27-11-2015, 01:13 PM

i tried to restore my device to a twrp recovery backup i made, not knowing the backup files were damaged and it ended my phone on an endless bootloop. i have downloaded and odin flashed three different official firmwares, i have tried custom rom flashing, i have done samsung kies firmware update and neither of these worked. please i wana ask if u can help me with a complete twrp recovery backup of a working samsung galaxy grand neo (gt-i9060),maybe restoring my device with your backup can fix my phone.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-11-2015, 05:27 PM
(27-11-2015, 01:13 PM)donfakey i tried to restore my device to a twrp recovery backup i made, not knowing the backup files were damaged and it ended my phone on an endless bootloop. i have downloaded and odin flashed three different official firmwares, i have tried custom rom flashing, i have done samsung kies firmware update and neither of these worked. please i wana ask if u can help me with a complete twrp recovery backup of a working samsung galaxy grand neo (gt-i9060),maybe restoring my device with your backup can fix my phone.

that would be tough to find. just ran a quick search, nothing came up.
whats the condition of the phone and is it able to enter TWRP?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
donfakey
donfakey
donfakey
Enthusiastic Member
27-11-2015, 08:47 PM
Yes, it can enter TWRP recovery and even wen i flashed CWM recovery, it boots to recovery effortlesly.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-11-2015, 01:08 PM
(27-11-2015, 08:47 PM)donfakey Yes, it can enter TWRP recovery and even wen i flashed CWM recovery, it boots to recovery effortlesly.

What issue did you have after the Kies update?  Also,  how did the phone behave after flashing all these ROMs? Details please.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
donfakey
donfakey
donfakey
Enthusiastic Member
28-11-2015, 03:13 PM

after i flashed it, it still remains thesame. still in bootloop. i had given up on the phone, i just thought of posting this thread as a last resort and it doesnt seem quite like help is gona come from anyone here. If only i could get the backup of a perfectly workin device, am sure it will fix mine. Anyways, thanks for the attention. I'll probably take it to computer village to get the board replaced if it wont cost a fortune. And if i get a solution for it, i'll post it here to help other having thesame or similar problem.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-11-2015, 07:06 PM
(28-11-2015, 03:13 PM)donfakey after i flashed it, it still remains thesame. still in bootloop. i had given up on the phone, i just thought of posting this thread as a last resort and it doesnt seem quite like help is gona come from anyone here. If only i could get the backup of a perfectly workin device, am sure it will fix mine. Anyways, thanks for the attention. I'll probably take it to computer village to get the board replaced if it wont cost a fortune. And if i get a solution for it, i'll post it here to help other having thesame or similar problem.

I tracked a previous thread of yours (https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-9667.html). you didnt give much feedback. If you can boot into custom recovery then try opening phone storage and external SD card. if both work + you're still getting a bootloop then i suspect the issues is at the /system level. Maybe there's more than one variant of your phone type. try formatting /system before flashing the custom ROM
what im particularly interested in is the Kies update. if your phone is in a bootloop then its unlikely to have worked.
Chances are that there's more than one variant of your phone (see http://www.phonemore.com/samsung-galaxy-...models/267)
Lets have the full model name of the phone so we run a check to verify is there are variants. No harm in trying right?
This post was last modified: 28-11-2015, 07:09 PM by hovatek.

Note!
donfakey
donfakey
donfakey
Enthusiastic Member
28-11-2015, 09:03 PM
Oh thanks once more. I think you are right about saying "the problem is from the /system" (and probably the partitions because In cwm recovery, it says I: Cannot load volume /misc). About the kies update, it completed the update without any problem but the bootloop still persists. The full phone model (from d battery compartment): GT-I9060/DS . Internal memory is 8gb. it Uses DUAL SIM. And about formating 'system' before flashing a rom, have done that too,but no luck. Thanks.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
29-11-2015, 02:39 PM
(28-11-2015, 09:03 PM)donfakey Oh thanks once more. I think you are right about saying "the problem is from the /system" (and probably the partitions because In cwm recovery, it says I: Cannot load volume /misc). About the kies update, it completed the update without any problem but the bootloop still persists. The full phone model (from d battery compartment): GT-I9060/DS . Internal memory is 8gb. it Uses DUAL SIM. And about formating 'system' before flashing a rom, have done that too,but no luck. Thanks.

We'll run a search. Meanwhile,  try taking out the sim and sd card before booting. Also try a formatted SD card

Note!
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
29-11-2015, 02:51 PM
The misc error calls for concern. Do you get this same error in TWRP?

Note!
donfakey
donfakey
donfakey
Enthusiastic Member
29-11-2015, 05:22 PM

(29-11-2015, 02:51 PM)hovatek The misc error calls for concern. Do you get this same error in TWRP?

No, in TWRP recovery, I don't get any errors... And dats why am thinking restoring a complete backup of a perfectly working device will fix my device as the problem all started from when I restored a currupt backup...
Pages (2): 1 2 Next