Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] INFINIX HOT2 UPDATE
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] INFINIX HOT2 UPDATE

[Please help] INFINIX HOT2 UPDATE

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Drockstar
Drockstar
Drockstar
19-12-2015, 05:43 AM

boss please help me.. after restoring the twrp backup and flashing back the stock recovery ..i am still unable to install the ota update...after downloading. When I click on restart and install,it will goes off and when it restart trying to installed the update it will move to some extent den an error will occured
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
19-12-2015, 06:29 PM
(19-12-2015, 05:43 AM)Drockstar boss please help me.. after restoring the twrp backup and flashing back the stock recovery ..i am still unable to install the ota update...after downloading. When I click on restart and install,it will goes off and when it restart trying to installed the update it will move to some extent den an error will occured

whats the error?
Drockstar
Drockstar
Drockstar
19-12-2015, 08:36 PM
Immediately it goes off when its restarting, it will show the rectangular recovery symbol then an error like No command or command error will occurred

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek mobile
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-12-2015, 08:24 AM
(19-12-2015, 08:36 PM)Drockstar Immediately it goes off when its restarting, it will show the rectangular recovery symbol then an error like No command or command error will occurred

download the ROM @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-533.html and flash using Infinix flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-9224.html
you should then be able to do an OTA update successfully

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Drockstar
Drockstar
Drockstar
20-12-2015, 10:12 AM

I have done that but Is there no other means of doing an ota update with twrp backup which already contains the latest ota update at the time of doing twrp backup. When new ota update arrives how can we installed the update with the twrp backup without flashing the rom and starting from the beginning of ota updates installation?Pls boss help bcause I can't be flashing the rom whenever there is new ota update instead there should be a means of restoring twrp backup and installing the latest ota update
This post was last modified: 20-12-2015, 10:20 AM by Drockstar.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-12-2015, 09:27 PM
(20-12-2015, 10:12 AM)Drockstar I have done that but Is there no other means of doing an ota update with twrp backup which already contains the latest ota update at the time of doing twrp backup. When new ota update arrives how can we installed the update with the twrp backup without flashing the rom and  starting from the beginning of ota updates installation?Pls boss help bcause I can't be flashing the rom whenever there is new ota update instead there should be a means of restoring twrp backup and installing the latest ota update

With twrp and or root, you'll likely encounter an error

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Drockstar
Drockstar
Drockstar
21-12-2015, 01:51 AM
Is there no way we can flash back the stock recovery after doing a virgin or unmodified twrp backup in twrp recovery?

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-12-2015, 03:14 PM
(21-12-2015, 01:51 AM)Drockstar Is there no way we can flash back the stock recovery after doing a virgin or unmodified twrp backup in twrp recovery?

you can flash back the stock recovery using the scatter file, the recovery image and sp flash tool

Note!
Drockstar
Drockstar
Drockstar
21-12-2015, 08:43 PM
Please boss can that solved the problem of installing ota updates ...

This post was last modified: 22-12-2015, 04:18 AM by Drockstar.
Drockstar
Drockstar
Drockstar
22-12-2015, 04:21 AM

Boss look at this statement and analyse it if it can solve this problem...

Do you know how to do Read back with SP Flash tool?
After every update you should read back the stock
Recovery image before you flash TWRP Recovery.
Restore your unmodified system backup with TWRP,
Flash the stock recovery you read back and install
OTA updates. After which you still backup the new
Stock recovery again, flash TWRP Recovery and backup
The new system update as unmodified and continue to
Tweak whatever you want until another update.

NB: don't download and install OTA updates if you're on
TWRP recovery or any custom recovery

Pages (2): 1 2 Next