Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android TECNO J7 dead after flashing
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

TECNO J7 dead after flashing

TECNO J7 dead after flashing

mtenget
mtenget
mtenget
Techie Member
29-12-2015, 05:54 PM

My tecno j7 dead 2 weeks ago after flashing rom and now it's not detected by flashtool....
and as i heard from hovatek engineer is that, it seems like there is two variant of j7 and i saw "Uploading" in ROM section almost two weeks now!

Please is there any one can help me about how to solve this problem?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
30-12-2015, 11:55 AM
(29-12-2015, 05:54 PM)mtenget My tecno j7 dead 2 weeks ago after flashing rom and now it's not detected by flashtool....
and as i heard from hovatek engineer is that, it seems like there is two variant of j7 and i saw "Uploading" in ROM section almost two weeks now!

Please is there any one can help me about how to solve this problem?

Sorry, we'd been on holidays so uploading was on hold. The files should be available in a few days

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
mtenget
mtenget
mtenget
Techie Member
30-12-2015, 05:42 PM
Ok sir....but i've got one here and already backup, the problem is that,,,when i connect this dead phone to pc the only MTK USB Port driver install but DA VCOM driver never install....
I tried to install manually but no luck, what can i do master...!!

Comfused
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
30-12-2015, 08:01 PM
(30-12-2015, 05:42 PM)mtenget Ok sir....but i've got one here and already backup, the problem is that,,,when i connect this dead phone to pc the only MTK USB Port driver install but DA VCOM  driver never install....
I tried to install manually but no luck, what can i do master...!!

Comfused

* Launch Device manager (Right-click My Computer > Select Manage) 
* Connect the phone to the PC via a USB cord, Device manager should refresh 
* Take note of what the phone is detected as (often as Unknown or Mediatek under Other devices) 
* Right-click whatever the phone is detect as and select Update Driver Software... 
* Select Browse my computer for driver software 
* Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer 
* Click Next 
* Click Have Disk 
* Proceed with the Mediatek (VCOM) driver installation steps described at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-440.html and click Yes if you get an Update Driver warning

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.