Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] USB wont detect tecno M7
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] USB wont detect tecno M7

[Please help] USB wont detect tecno M7

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Timnetwork
Timnetwork
Timnetwork
09-01-2016, 09:43 AM

Hi, I have really used your forum and website to great effect. I have flashed alot of stock roms and repaired alot of phones with the help of your site and tech guys (Obioma especially). Please, I have tried all possible best to get the Tecno M7 to see the computer to no avail. The phone is so bad that it can take up to a day to boot. After booting, it takes another day to load. during loading, if it goes to sleep, power button wont be able to wake it. Using volume down button while connecting it to the system will only bring the phone to factory mode. using volume up and power button takes me to cwm. but it cant see the stock rom on the sd card. Please help is urgently needed. The whole issue started when i installed a game. Thank you.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
09-01-2016, 07:40 PM
(09-01-2016, 09:43 AM)Timnetwork Hi, I have really used your forum and website to great effect. I have flashed alot of stock roms and repaired alot of phones with the help of your site and tech guys (Obioma especially). Please, I have tried all possible best to get the Tecno M7 to see the computer to no avail. The phone is so bad that it can take up to a day to boot. After booting, it takes another day to load. during loading, if it goes to sleep, power button wont be able to wake it. Using volume down button while connecting it to the system will only bring the phone to factory mode. using volume up and power button takes me to cwm. but it cant see the stock rom on the sd card. Please help is urgently needed. The whole issue started when i installed a game. Thank you.

you're supposed to flash the stock rom using sp flash tools not in recovery mode

* have you downloaded the stock rom?
Timnetwork
Timnetwork
Timnetwork
09-01-2016, 09:05 PM
@X3non, you didnt read my post well. i have the stock rom. but i cant load it using sp flash because usb is not detected.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
10-01-2016, 11:08 AM
(09-01-2016, 09:05 PM)Timnetwork @X3non, you didnt read my post well. i have the stock rom. but i cant load it using sp flash because usb is not detected.

You gave me too the impression that you were trying to flash the ROM in recovery mode. 
Install vcom drivers using. https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-440.html and flash the ROM using SP Flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Timnetwork
Timnetwork
Timnetwork
10-01-2016, 01:44 PM

@hovatek. I have the vcom drivers installed correctly, it sees my Gretel phone but can't see the Tecno m7. What can I do for the system to recognize the phone? I have used the option of holding down the volume - while connecting the phone to the PC.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
10-01-2016, 05:59 PM
(10-01-2016, 01:44 PM)Timnetwork @hovatek. I have the vcom drivers installed correctly, it sees my Gretel phone but can't see the Tecno m7. What can I do for the system to recognize the phone? I have used the option of holding down the volume - while connecting the phone to the PC.

Does the pc make a sound when you connect the M7?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Timnetwork
Timnetwork
Timnetwork
11-01-2016, 12:10 PM
No, but it is charging.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-01-2016, 06:47 PM
(11-01-2016, 12:10 PM)Timnetwork No, but it is charging.

Might be a USB cord or port issue
Open device manager then connect the phone to pc. Does device manager refresh?

Note!
Timnetwork
Timnetwork
Timnetwork
11-01-2016, 10:21 PM
No, it doesnt refresh.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-01-2016, 02:47 PM

(11-01-2016, 10:21 PM)Timnetwork No, it doesnt refresh.

Try another USB cord

Note!
Pages (2): 1 2 Next