Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Cannot Flash TWRP via recovery after Marshmallow update to Hot 2
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Cannot Flash TWRP via recovery after Marshmallow update to Hot 2

[Please help] Cannot Flash TWRP via recovery after Marshmallow update to Hot 2

Noirsangre
Noirsangre
Noirsangre
Enthusiastic Member
16-01-2016, 01:16 PM

After finally updating my Infinix Hot 2 to Marshmallow, I wanted to root it via SuperSu. So I opened SpFlash tool and selected the scatter file of the TWRP recovery. When I connected my phone, I got the error: PMT CHANGED FOR ROM. MUST BE DOWNLOADED. Please help me. I can't use a phone without root.
actualhassan
actualhassan
actualhassan
Enthusiastic Member
16-01-2016, 06:32 PM
I guess marshmallow should b of a different kernel to d lollipop, so the bootloader and recover image has to b unlocked and twrp installed to get a new custom recovery for marshmallow on hot 2

Sent from my Letv X500 using Tapatalk
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-01-2016, 08:06 AM
(16-01-2016, 01:16 PM)Noirsangre After finally updating my Infinix Hot 2 to Marshmallow, I wanted to root it via SuperSu. So I opened SpFlash tool and selected the scatter file of the TWRP recovery. When I connected my phone, I got the error: PMT CHANGED FOR ROM. MUST BE DOWNLOADED. Please help me. I can't use a phone without root.

download the SP flash tool format of the Infinix Hot 2 Marshmallow update @ https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-upgr...lash-tool/ then replace the recovery.img with your TWRP recovery image and flash the ROM

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.