Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Fake Lenovo S960S
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Fake Lenovo S960S

Fake Lenovo S960S

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
ars
ars
ars
Enthusiastic Member
11-11-2014, 06:07 PM

Hullo.
I have a bricked phone. I bought it in Aliexpress. It is a fake of Lenovo, though Lenovo does not have such a model, but that was the bait.
As I had a lot of problems installing new applications, I tried to modify EBR1 and EBR2 tables to have more avalaible space and the phone initially started but since it did not recognize the internal sd, and it asked to format the internal memory, I did so from CWM. The phone did not start anymore.
I tried to make a recovery start but it did not work. I have tried four different versions of Sp Flash tools with two differents backups made with Mtk Droid; with SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1320.0.163 I even achieved the flash of all except the preloader, because it gives me the Brom 5066 error.
The phone recognizes the drivers and it attends the flashing but it does not start, black and silent.
With other versions it gives error related to Nvram and the preloader files of the backups seems to be not adecuate, even though when they were made with the phone working normally.
I have four others CWM backups of the phone but since I cannot make it start in recovery, no way.
I send you the hardware analysis of the device and the scatter.
Please help me.
Attached Files
.txt
MT6582_Android_scatter_emmc.txt
Size: 503 bytes / Downloads: 15
.docx
Hardware Info - Lenovo S960S.docx
Size: 25.17 KB / Downloads: 11
ars
ars
ars
Enthusiastic Member
11-11-2014, 06:18 PM
I am also sending you the structure of one of the MTk Droid tools backups that I have.
Saludos.
Attached Files
.docx
backup_structure.docx
Size: 200.84 KB / Downloads: 9
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-11-2014, 07:22 PM
(11-11-2014, 06:18 PM)ars I am also sending you the structure of one of the MTk Droid tools backups that I have.
Saludos.

I've seen the files listed in the attachment above. please, list all the files inside the MTK backup folder right here. to help make things clearer.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ars
ars
ars
Enthusiastic Member
13-11-2014, 09:57 AM
hovatek
ars I am also sending you the structure of one of the MTk Droid tools backups that I have.
Saludos.

I've seen the  files listed in the attachment above. please, list all the files inside the MTK backup folder right here. to help make things clearer.

Well, good morning.
I guess this is the closing thread post for this topic.
Thank you very much for taking the effort to even look at my problem.
As I told you, I got to unbrick the phone rebuilding the scatter through firmware.info with Mtk Droid, then I flashed everything and the phone lived but It did not completely, only with the logo; then I luckily went to recovery and installed one of the backups that i had in my ext sd. The phone started and now I had no Imei. Since I had changed partitions (origin of the problem), my internal sd was unformatted and after having looked all the imei recovering tools in the world I realized that I could not restore the imei without internal sd (nvram) and formatted the sd (internal)(the system was advertising of corrrupt internal sd but i did not pay attention to it) and restored the nvram (that I also had backed up with Mtk Droid, happily, please do so in any case).
Everything is normal now.
I cannot but thank you for the attention, now I will wait to rest a bit and then I will try to find a better rom for this phone because the one it has is a craziness, it passes to plane mode when it feels like it, it has 6gb internal sd and uses only 2gb, I think the device deserves a better software and until now I have tried several but none seems to fit the phone requirements, If you know of anyone that might be useful, please let me know.
Have a nice day.
ars
ars
ars
Enthusiastic Member
18-11-2014, 06:09 PM

ars
hovatek
ars I am also sending you the structure of one of the MTk Droid tools backups that I have.
Saludos.

I've seen the  files listed in the attachment above. please, list all the files inside the MTK backup folder right here. to help make things clearer.

Well, good morning.
I guess this is the closing thread post for this topic.
Thank you very much for taking the effort to even look at my problem.
As I told you, I got to unbrick the phone rebuilding the scatter through firmware.info with Mtk Droid, then I flashed everything and the phone lived but It did not completely, only with the logo; then I luckily went to recovery and installed one of the backups that i had in my ext sd. The phone started and now I had no Imei. Since I had changed partitions (origin of the problem), my internal sd was unformatted and after having looked all the imei recovering tools in the world I realized that I could not restore the imei without internal sd (nvram) and formatted the sd (internal)(the system was advertising of corrrupt internal sd but i did not pay attention to it) and restored the nvram (that I also had backed up with Mtk Droid, happily, please do so in any case).
Everything is normal now.
I cannot but thank you for the attention, now I will wait to rest a bit and then I will try to find a better rom for this phone because the one it has is a craziness, it passes to plane mode when it feels like it, it has 6gb internal sd and uses only 2gb, I think the device deserves a better software and until now I have tried several but none seems to fit the phone requirements, If you know of anyone that might be useful, please let me know.
Have a nice day.
Attached Files
.docx
list_of_files.docx
Size: 202.61 KB / Downloads: 2
ars
ars
ars
Enthusiastic Member
02-12-2014, 11:19 AM
Hi from Spain.
It is impossible to change the EBR1 and EBR2 size in my device.
I tried for the second time, and third and fourth, different sizes, and the sizes were correctly changed, and since the imei got always lost I had to restore it, but I could not restore either nvram backup using Flash tools or with the imei utility of Mtkandroid tools; no way. So I had to flash the whole original rom and with the original sizes of partitions, then and only then, I could have the imei back. I tried everthing and nothing.
Only to find out if you ever had this issue.
Saludos.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
02-12-2014, 12:00 PM
ars Hi from Spain.
I tried for the second time, and third and fourth, different sizes, and the sizes were correctly changed, and since the imei got always lost I had to restore it, but I could not restore either nvram backup using Flash tools or with the imei utility of Mtkandroid tools; no way. So I had to flash the whole original rom and with the original sizes of partitions, then and only then, I could have the imei back. I tried everthing and nothing.
Saludos.

have you tried this method @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-215.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ars
ars
ars
Enthusiastic Member
02-12-2014, 06:46 PM
hovatek
ars Hi from Spain.
Saludos.

have you tried this method @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-215.html

The second method http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-718.html is what i used this time, with several sizes, because i firstly thought that the data size might not be big enough and then tried different sizes with same result, nothing; but remember that i I originally started this subject because I bricked the fake Lenovo s960s and i had used a method more resembled to the first one you mention.
I think it might be some kind of relation between the exact location of the imei in the partition that once is changed is not found by the system (????).
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
02-12-2014, 08:36 PM
a The second method http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-718.html is what i used this time, with several sizes, because i firstly thought that the data size might not be big enough and then tried different sizes with same result, nothing; but remember that i I originally started this subject because I bricked the fake Lenovo s960s and i had used a method more resembled to the first one you mention.
I think it might be some kind of relation between the exact location of the imei in the partition that once is changed is not found by the system (????).

more like editing the EBR files might be causing it to eat into the nvram sector?

Note!
ars
ars
ars
Enthusiastic Member
02-12-2014, 09:33 PM

Better that. Could it be necessary to edit MBR info in scatter file also?
Pages (2): 1 2 Next