Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] My Phone wont boot normally
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] My Phone wont boot normally

[Please help] My Phone wont boot normally

Aketch
Aketch
Aketch
Enthusiastic Member
01-03-2016, 06:59 AM

Tecno P5S
I accidentally flashed a Tecno H6 CWM recovery.img on a Tecno P5S, now the phone doesn't reboot normally, nor on recovery, it only brings up the Tecno logo then goes off again then keeps doing this until the battery drains , I've tried using SP Flash tool to flash back the stock firmware but it does not detect the phone. Also tried using fastboot to install the correct recovery.img but it wont work either. Kindly help here.
matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
01-03-2016, 10:45 AM
(01-03-2016, 06:59 AM)Aketch Tecno P5S
I accidentally flashed a Tecno H6 CWM recovery.img on a Tecno P5S, now the phone doesn't reboot normally, nor on recovery, it only brings up the Tecno logo then goes off again then keeps doing this until the battery drains , I've tried using SP Flash tool to flash back the stock firmware but it does not detect the phone. Also tried using fastboot to install the correct recovery.img but it wont work either. Kindly help here.

Ensure that the drivers and properly installed Follow this guide @ http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-440.html
This post was last modified: 01-03-2016, 10:56 AM by matybazz.
Aketch
Aketch
Aketch
Enthusiastic Member
01-03-2016, 07:38 PM
Hey Matybazz, thanks for your earlier post, however, I followed the installations instructions carefully but the SP flash gives the S_BROM_DOWNLOAD_DA_FAIL (2004) error. Although I had no phone of the same model, I manually installed the drivers. The phone still charges when connected to the PC via USB
matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
01-03-2016, 09:50 PM
(01-03-2016, 07:38 PM)Aketch Hey Matybazz, thanks for your earlier post, however, I followed the installations instructions carefully but the SP flash gives the S_BROM_DOWNLOAD_DA_FAIL (2004) error. Although I had no phone of the same model, I manually installed the drivers. The phone still charges when connected to the PC via USB

Power off the hold volume down then connect to pc to flash
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-03-2016, 09:24 AM

(01-03-2016, 07:38 PM)Aketch Hey Matybazz, thanks for your earlier post, however, I followed the installations instructions carefully but the SP flash gives the S_BROM_DOWNLOAD_DA_FAIL (2004) error. Although I had no phone of the same model, I manually installed the drivers. The phone still charges when connected to the PC via USB

see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html for the fix

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.