Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Error Codes] List of sp flash tool error codes, meanings & how to fix (solution)
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Error Codes] List of sp flash tool error codes, meanings & how to fix (solution)

[Error Codes] List of sp flash tool error codes, meanings & how to fix (solution)

Pages (39): Previous 121 22 23 24 2539 Next
scott
scott
scott
03-02-2016, 05:15 AM

I wanted to back up my ROM via FlashTool. Phone is a ZTE Blade A410 (actually a Rook from EE).
Everything goes as planned until I actually attach the phone to the PC. When I do, the attached screen-shot appears instantly.

(It says S_STORAGE DOES NOT MATCH (8183))

Please note:
1. the error that you have already listed in this thread is 8182, and I am getting error 8183.
3. your explanation is that the firmware doesn't match exactly, but what does that mean in this case, when I am doing a read-back? There is no version to match -- I am trying to get a copy of the ROM on my phone into a file on my PC.

so what storage doesn't match?

related question: just for yuks, i simply tried to read back from bytes 0x00 to 0x80000. I got the same error the moment the preloader driver loaded.why can't i just read the first 500K of memory???
Attached Files
.jpg
Capture.JPG
Size: 71.28 KB / Downloads: 7
scott
scott
scott
03-02-2016, 05:53 AM
(03-02-2016, 05:15 AM)scott I wanted to back up my ROM via FlashTool. Phone is a ZTE Blade A410 (actually a Rook from EE).
Everything goes as planned until I actually attach the phone to the PC. When I do, the attached screen-shot appears instantly.

(It says S_STORAGE DOES NOT MATCH (8183))

Please note:
1. the error that you have already listed in this thread is 8182, and I am getting error 8183.
3. your explanation is that the firmware doesn't match exactly, but what does that mean in this case, when I am doing a read-back? There is no version to match -- I am trying to get a copy of the ROM on my phone into a file on my PC.

so what storage doesn't match?

related question: just for yuks, i simply tried to read back from bytes 0x00 to 0x80000. I got the same error the moment the preloader driver loaded.why can't i just read the first 500K of memory???

Based on what i now understand, the simple answer to my question is that i was feeding to flash tool a scatter file which was the output of MTK ROM Studio, and one can't trust that piece of software to produce a consistent, correct scatter file from the output of

cat /proc/emmc > firmware.info

[I note that the actual output of MTK ROm Studio was a scatter file called MT6516_Android_scatter.txt, and this file name was already wrong. Now ROm-Studio could be made more intelligent by (for example) feeding it also the log.txt file output by Droid Tools. Would that be enough to enable it to actually do something useful? If you think it's worth trying to improve ROM Studio, let me know and I'll write to its author... But i'll drop this thread for the moment and find a better scatter file.

it's annoying: http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f809/zte...st11284267 claims to contain a direct URL to the full set of ROM+scatter files for my phone.... but the link gives me a 404 not found. I asked there if the moderator could refresh the link.we'll see

/sbp>
faizalshuhibe
faizalshuhibe
faizalshuhibe
03-02-2016, 07:37 AM
DEAR
IALSO HAVE AN ISSUE IN MY LAVA IRIS X8Q PHONE WHILE USING SPFLASH TOOL I ACCIDENTALLY FORMATTED THE FLASH MEMORY AND AFTER THAT I HAVE FLASHED IT WITH A STOCK ROM(DOWNLOADED FROM INTERNET)USING SP FLASH TOOL .THOUGH I WAS ABLE TO SUCCESFULLY COMPLETE THE FLASHING PROCESS, THE SCREEN IS STILL IN BLACK COLOUR(BUT WHILE TOUCHING THE MENU BUTTONS SOUN DS AND VIBRATIIONS ARE HEARING).WHILE CHECKING THE MEMORY TEST OPTION IN SP FLASHING TOOL IT WAS FOUND AN ERROR: NAND FLASH NOT DETECTED.COULD ANY ONE HELP ME TO SORT THIS PROBLEM.AS IAM A NEWBIE I DIDNT HAVE ANY BACKUP OF THE DEVICE WITH ME...PLEASE HELP...
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-02-2016, 12:20 PM
(03-02-2016, 07:37 AM)faizalshuhibe DEAR
IALSO HAVE AN ISSUE IN MY LAVA IRIS X8Q PHONE WHILE USING SPFLASH TOOL I ACCIDENTALLY FORMATTED THE FLASH MEMORY AND AFTER THAT I HAVE FLASHED IT WITH A STOCK ROM(DOWNLOADED FROM INTERNET)USING SP FLASH TOOL .THOUGH I WAS ABLE TO SUCCESFULLY COMPLETE THE FLASHING PROCESS, THE SCREEN IS STILL IN BLACK COLOUR(BUT WHILE TOUCHING THE MENU BUTTONS SOUN DS AND VIBRATIIONS ARE HEARING).WHILE CHECKING THE MEMORY TEST OPTION IN SP FLASHING TOOL IT WAS FOUND AN ERROR: NAND FLASH NOT DETECTED.COULD ANY ONE HELP ME TO SORT THIS PROBLEM.AS IAM A NEWBIE I DIDNT HAVE ANY BACKUP OF THE DEVICE WITH ME...PLEASE HELP...

create a new thread

see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Gibis83
Gibis83
Gibis83
Enthusiastic Member
10-02-2016, 05:35 PM

Hey guys

Basically I ordered the phone from the European Warehouse of Gearbest and it arrived via DHL courier a few days later.

As soon as I got it I turned it on and I thought something was strange cause the language options only had Chinese, English UK and English US when I know for a fact the default Chinese ROM has dozens of languages (two of my friends have the exact same phone bought from gearbest as well) then when I went to chose the location again another weird thing, there were no European countries to chose from, no US or Canada either, just African, Asian, Middle Eastern and South American countries. Which again shouldn't be like this and while I was looking at the countries available it crashed, black screen.

And from that moment on it never turned on again, no led charging light nothing, it was totally hard bricked.

After doing a lot of research, I came to the conclusion that Gearbest probably flashes phones that are sold in the European Warehouse with a global or European ROM, and they remove the default Chinese ROM.

Well clearly the idiot who did mine did a badjob and didn't even test it or if he did didn't care.

72 hours still no reply from Gearbest from my 3 messages, I know it's the Chinese new year but I'm still totally pissed.

Does anyone know what ROM Gearbest uses? I've been trying to flash a new ROM using SP Flash Tools, but i keep getting ENABLE DRAM FAIL error everytime!

Please help!
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
10-02-2016, 11:06 PM
(10-02-2016, 05:35 PM)Gibis83 Hey guys

Basically I ordered the phone from the European Warehouse of Gearbest and it arrived via DHL courier a few days later.

As soon as I got it I turned it on and I thought something was strange cause the language options only had Chinese, English UK and English US when I know for a fact the default Chinese ROM has dozens of languages (two of my friends have the exact same phone bought from gearbest as well) then when I went to chose the location again another weird thing, there were no European countries to chose from, no US or Canada either, just African, Asian, Middle Eastern and South American countries. Which again shouldn't be like this and while I was looking at the countries available it crashed, black screen.

And from that moment on it never turned on again, no led charging light nothing, it was totally hard bricked.

After doing a lot of research, I came to the conclusion that Gearbest probably flashes phones that are sold in the European Warehouse with a global or European ROM, and they remove the default Chinese ROM.

Well clearly the idiot who did mine did a badjob and didn't even test it or if he did didn't care.

72 hours still no reply from Gearbest from my 3 messages, I know it's the Chinese new year but I'm still totally pissed.

Does anyone know what ROM Gearbest uses? I've been trying to flash a new ROM using SP Flash Tools, but i keep getting ENABLE DRAM FAIL error everytime!

Please help!

create a new thread so we focus on this

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
alienplay11
alienplay11
alienplay11
Enthusiastic Member
06-03-2016, 01:14 PM
Hello admin,

i 'm using my Phone Lenovo P780, and i failure of update firmware , after i use the smart phone flash tool to install and format. i follow the step of internet... and i face this problem as below picture.......no space of my phone??

Please help me !!
This post was last modified: 06-03-2016, 01:23 PM by alienplay11.
Attached Files
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-03-2016, 12:55 PM
(06-03-2016, 01:14 PM)alienplay11 Hello admin,

i 'm using my Phone Lenovo P780, and i failure of update firmware , after i use the smart phone flash tool to install and format. i follow the step of internet... and i face this problem as below picture.......no space of my phone??

Please help me !!

Either wrong firmware or damaged emmc chip

Note!
alienplay11
alienplay11
alienplay11
Enthusiastic Member
07-03-2016, 01:25 PM
(07-03-2016, 12:55 PM)hovatek
(06-03-2016, 01:14 PM)alienplay11 Hello admin,

Please help me !!

Either wrong firmware or damaged emmc chip

Anyone solution ? can guide me step by step? i'm fool of android...
[/quote]
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-03-2016, 09:39 AM

(07-03-2016, 01:25 PM)alienplay11 Anyone solution ? can guide me step by step? i'm fool of android...

create a new thread so we focus on this

Note!
Pages (39): Previous 121 22 23 24 2539 Next