Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Doubtful Gionee Elife S Plus with 1.5gb ram
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Doubtful Gionee Elife S Plus with 1.5gb ram

Doubtful Gionee Elife S Plus with 1.5gb ram

bibekdwa
bibekdwa
bibekdwa
13-03-2016, 08:06 AM

I was recently gifted a Gionee Elife S Plus. Friend bought a used phone. But, it has 1.5 gb ram. Moreover, vibration is not working. 
But, I did a factory test pressing volume - & power buttons. Vibration was working in the test. 
Volume + with power button boots in to stock gionee recovery.
I removed the battery to check the branding, but only IMEI numbers were written with no branding. But, battery and battery door are gionee branded.
On the housing, an alpha-numeric word is found. i.e. WBL7511A, which is also mentioned as model no.

The phone itself is very smooth to use. Camera using flash produces tinted images. 
The phone doesn't look to be a clone. Compared in real life with other Gionee Elife S Plus. Exactly same, except ram.

I tried to flash custom recovery through SP flash tools but it give PMT has changed error.

So, I am very confused with this phone. Is this a genuine phone? Allview V2 Viper X is the closest phone matching every specs. 
Please help me find out the truth...

For screenshots: http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/...st65783247

I didn't know how to post attachments in android app. Sorry

Sent from my XT1562 using Hovatek mobile
This post was last modified: 13-03-2016, 08:55 AM by bibekdwa.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-03-2016, 04:59 PM
(13-03-2016, 08:06 AM)bibekdwa I was recently gifted a Gionee Elife S Plus. Friend bought a used phone. But, it has 1.5 gb ram. Moreover, vibration is not working. 
But, I did a factory test pressing volume - & power buttons. Vibration was working in the test. 
Volume + with power button boots in to stock gionee recovery.
I removed the battery to check the branding, but only IMEI numbers were written with no branding. But, battery and battery door are gionee branded.
On the housing, an alpha-numeric word is found. i.e. WBL7511A, which is also mentioned as model no.

The phone itself is very smooth to use. Camera using flash produces tinted images. 
The phone doesn't look to be a clone. Compared in real life with other Gionee Elife S Plus. Exactly same, except ram.

I tried to flash custom recovery through SP flash tools but it give PMT has changed error.

So, I am very confused with this phone. Is this a genuine phone? Allview V2 Viper X is the closest phone matching every specs. 
Please help me find out the truth...

For screenshots: http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/...st65783247

I didn't know how to post attachments in android app. Sorry

Sent from my XT1562 using Hovatek mobile

the specs are very similar to http://www.gsmarena.com/gionee_elife_s_plus-7732.php
Might be another variant targeted at a different market. They did something similar with the P2M and M2 Mini. Not heard of such in the Elife S Plus though

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.