Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Tecno H5 stuck on white screen
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Tecno H5 stuck on white screen

Tecno H5 stuck on white screen

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
stinggy
stinggy
stinggy
Enthusiastic Member
02-04-2016, 09:19 PM

Last night it was stuck on tecno logo but I guess I made some mistakes while in Recovery mode and now all I get is a white screen. And since then, I've been trying to get into Recovery mode without any avail, it goes off when I click 'recovery mode'

Pls I'll appreciate any help rendered. Bare in mind I'm almost a novice in droid issues (I've always been a fan of BB10) but don't think the phone is rooted before it crashed because there wasn't SuperU or Super... on it

Thanks in anticipation.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
02-04-2016, 11:00 PM
(02-04-2016, 09:19 PM)stinggy Last night it was stuck on tecno logo but I guess I made some mistakes while in Recovery mode and now all I get is a white screen. And since then, I've been trying to get into Recovery mode without any avail, it goes off when I click 'recovery mode'

Pls I'll appreciate any help rendered. Bare in mind I'm almost a novice in droid issues (I've always been a fan of BB10) but don't think the phone is rooted before it crashed because there wasn't SuperU or Super... on it

Thanks in anticipation.

is your phone the original H5 (Mediatek) or Clone (Spreadtrum)

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
stinggy
stinggy
stinggy
Enthusiastic Member
03-04-2016, 02:54 PM
@hovatek: It is original version(Mediatek) sir, not clone
This post was last modified: 03-04-2016, 02:58 PM by stinggy. Edit Reason: mistake in earlier message
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-04-2016, 05:28 PM
(03-04-2016, 02:54 PM)stinggy @hovatek: It is original version(Mediatek) sir, not clone

try flashing the firmware @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
stinggy
stinggy
stinggy
Enthusiastic Member
03-04-2016, 06:18 PM

(02-04-2016, 09:19 PM)stinggy Last night it was stuck on tecno logo but I guess I made some mistakes while in Recovery mode and now all I get is a white screen. And since then, I've been trying to get into Recovery mode without any avail, it goes off when I click 'recovery mode'

Thanks in anticipation.

(03-04-2016, 05:28 PM)hovatek
(03-04-2016, 02:54 PM)stinggy @hovatek: It is original version(Mediatek) sir, not clone

try flashing the firmware @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html

Pls what do I do after downloading the file?
And I saw like 3 different files for h5, I can just go with any of it right?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
04-04-2016, 11:54 AM
(03-04-2016, 06:18 PM)stinggy Pls what do I do after downloading the file?
And I saw like 3 different files for h5, I can just go with any of it right?

check the color of the first tecno logo that appears when you turn on the phone

if its blue then,
download old h5 stock rom and flash using sp flash tools @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html

but if its white then,
you would have to try both of the new h5 variants one after the other
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
05-04-2016, 02:56 PM
If you don't know what type yours is then try the firmware one at a time

Note!
stinggy
stinggy
stinggy
Enthusiastic Member
25-04-2016, 07:36 AM
(04-04-2016, 11:54 AM)X3non check the color of the first tecno logo that appears when you turn on the phone

if its blue then,
download old h5 stock rom and flash using sp flash tools @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html

but if its white then,
you would have to try both of the new h5
Sorry I should have replied since but don't know why hovatek forum hasn't been opening on my phone for a while now.
It is blue. But the problem I have now is that the phone does not respond at all when plugged to the PC. Not even a sound after plugging.
matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
25-04-2016, 11:00 AM
(25-04-2016, 07:36 AM)stinggy Sorry I should have replied since but don't know why hovatek forum hasn't been opening on my phone for a while now.
It is blue. But the problem I have now is that the phone does not respond at all when plugged to the PC. Not even a sound after plugging.

Then probably your drivers aren't in place or try another usb cord
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-04-2016, 06:20 PM

(25-04-2016, 07:36 AM)stinggy Sorry I should have replied since but don't know why hovatek forum hasn't been opening on my phone for a while now.

take out the battery and charge externally

Note!
Pages (2): 1 2 Next