Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android how to create a custom rom( unresolved and closed)
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

how to create a custom rom( unresolved and closed)

how to create a custom rom( unresolved and closed)

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
mensa
mensa
mensa
18-05-2016, 09:03 PM

I am worried about the nature of my system app.  I have some app which I don't like and editting will make the phone more fanciful.

I don't intend to be a developer cos that will mean starting from source. 

I have searched through the intenet to find a way but all did not avail. I just want to simply unpack, edit and repack my system apps and some notification sounds to meet my desirous. 

Help me out. Thank you.
This post was last modified: 20-06-2016, 05:24 PM by mensa.
matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
21-05-2016, 10:17 AM
(18-05-2016, 09:03 PM)mensa I am worried about the nature of my system app.  I have some app which I don't like and editting will make the phone more fanciful.

I have searched through the intenet to find a way but all did not avail. I just want to simply unpack, edit and repack my system apps and some notification sounds to meet my desirous. 

Help me out. Thank you.

Or easier method is you can installed a third party app that performs same function as the system app... Unpacking, editing and repacking is a long way bro
mensa
mensa
mensa
23-05-2016, 10:54 PM
Nothing is a long way than the worries that am going through. please no matter how long it is, if you are willing and not bothered to guide me. I wouldn't relent to follow.

Please help me out
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-05-2016, 08:59 PM
(18-05-2016, 09:03 PM)mensa I am worried about the nature of my system app.  I have some app which I don't like and editting will make the phone more fanciful.

Help me out. Thank you.

do you intend to merely alter the content of the /system folder or modify the system apps themselves?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
mensa
mensa
mensa
26-05-2016, 07:30 PM

Since is a long way to go like how you stipulated, I will like to begin at the basis.

Like modifying system apps, boot and shut animations. I got an info from another thread in here about how to do that using Android kitchen. I followed the procedure carefully in installing Android kitchen and one way or the other: I created the rom but it does not flash when I try to. After creating working folder and editing system apps, I try to build and after building: flashing does not work. It does not flash.

Again, how to edit shut and boot animation is kinda complicated to comprehend so I will be happy if you could guide me through that and why the created custom rom cannot flash.

I don't know if there is something am not doing right from the basis
This post was last modified: 26-05-2016, 07:41 PM by mensa.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-05-2016, 07:53 AM
(26-05-2016, 07:30 PM)mensa Since is a long way to go like how you stipulated, I will like to begin at the basis.

Like modifying system apps, boot and shut animations. I got an info from another thread in here about how to do that using Android kitchen. I followed the procedure carefully in installing Android kitchen and one way or the other: I created the rom but it does not flash when I try to. After creating working folder and editing system apps, I try to build and after building: flashing does not work. It does not flash.

Again, how to edit shut and boot animation is kinda complicated to comprehend so I will be happy if you could guide me through that and why the created custom rom cannot flash.

I don't know if there is something am not doing right from the basis

what error did you get when you tried flashing the ROM in recovery mode?
This post was last modified: 28-05-2016, 07:54 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
mensa
mensa
mensa
28-05-2016, 04:28 PM
It started checking the scripts as if it were going to install. Lastly it said installation aborted
This post was last modified: 28-05-2016, 04:31 PM by mensa.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
29-05-2016, 06:07 AM
(28-05-2016, 04:28 PM)mensa It started checking the scripts as if it were going to install. Lastly it said installation aborted

is your phone running on stock or custom recovery?

Note!
mensa
mensa
mensa
29-05-2016, 12:54 PM
Custom recovery: clockworkmood recovery to be specific
matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
29-05-2016, 11:12 PM

(29-05-2016, 12:54 PM)mensa Custom recovery: clockworkmood recovery to be specific

Uncheck md5 verification
Pages (2): 1 2 Next