Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Tecno TWRP Recovery
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Tecno TWRP Recovery

Tecno TWRP Recovery

bablucharaniya
bablucharaniya
07-06-2016, 10:45 AM

I am trying to install twrp recovery in my tecno c8 using so flash tool.it flashes well but when I want go to recovery mode just the phone it restarts itself.according to my experience the default size of techno c8 recovery partition size is 10mb but twrp recovery is 12mb that's why the conflict is there.so please let me know in scatter file where to edit or change the recovery partition size.

Sent from my TECNO-C8 using Hovatek mobile
matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
07-06-2016, 02:13 PM
(07-06-2016, 10:45 AM)bablucharaniya I am trying to install twrp recovery in my tecno  c8 using so flash tool.it flashes well but when I want go to recovery mode just the phone it restarts itself.according to my experience the default size of techno c8 recovery partition size is 10mb but twrp recovery is 12mb that's why the conflict is there.so please let me know in scatter file where to edit or change the recovery partition size.

No need to edit anything the size is ok flash it amd boot to recovery with power button and volune up together
bablucharaniya
bablucharaniya
07-06-2016, 03:46 PM
Do you think I haven't tried to do this still it can't work phone does not boot into recovery it just restarts

matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
07-06-2016, 06:36 PM
(07-06-2016, 03:46 PM)bablucharaniya Do you think I haven't tried to do this still it can't work phone does not boot into recovery it just restarts

We have had such complaints we are still trying to determine why moreover there are other variants of twrp maybe you should try another but the size is ok
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
07-06-2016, 11:07 PM

have you tried all 3 TWRP variants for c8 @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-1.html
and TWRP for C8 marshmallow @ https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-root...-android-6 ??

NOTE: if you successfully flash a recovery image thats larger than your recovery partition, then
in most cases you'd end up have UNKNOWN baseband
This post was last modified: 07-06-2016, 11:10 PM by X3non.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
09-06-2016, 05:37 PM
(07-06-2016, 10:45 AM)bablucharaniya I am trying to install twrp recovery in my tecno c8 using so flash tool.it flashes well but when I want go to recovery mode just the phone it restarts itself.according to my experience the default size of techno c8 recovery partition size is 10mb but twrp recovery is 12mb that's why the conflict is there.so please let me know in scatter file where to edit or change the recovery partition size.

what Android version is your Tecno C8 running on?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.