Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android TECNO P9 SUDDENLY REFUSE TO POWER UP
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

TECNO P9 SUDDENLY REFUSE TO POWER UP

TECNO P9 SUDDENLY REFUSE TO POWER UP

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
solomondavid
solomondavid
solomondavid
Enthusiastic Member
26-11-2014, 04:33 PM

Hello, I need your help with my Tecno p9 mini pad. I bought the pad in April this year and it has not really given me much problem except that once or twice it went off and came back again on it own and that was some times ago. there was also a time it was dragging and i thought it was due to the fact that i have so many apps installed on it. that resolved itself when i uninstall some apps. Before it went off yesterday,  I was using it to watch movies  and the battery went down to 4%. I stopped the movie and switch off the phone and plug it to my pc. After plugging it, it shows 5% and i tried to put it on in case calls may come in. the charging display disappear and the phone went blank which is normal but it refuse to power up. I thought it has not charged enough, so i left it to charge for some hour and i tried to put it back on but it refuses to come up. I tried several time, change charger yet no solution. when i plug it to my pc it does not show sign that it is connected to my pc.
Please I really need help to restore the phone back. Thanks.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
26-11-2014, 08:34 PM
(26-11-2014, 04:33 PM)solomondavid Hello, I need your help with my Tecno p9 mini pad. I bought the pad in April this year and it has not really given me much problem except that once or twice it went off and came back again on it own and that was some times ago. there was also a time it was dragging and i thought it was due to the fact that i have so many apps installed on it. that resolved itself when i uninstall some apps. Before it went off yesterday,  I was using it to watch movies  and the battery went down to 4%. I stopped the movie and switch off the phone and plug it to my pc. After plugging it, it shows 5% and i tried to put it on in case calls may come in. the charging display disappear and the phone went blank which is normal but it refuse to power up. I thought it has not charged enough, so i left it to charge for some hour and i tried to put it back on but it refuses to come up. I tried several time, change charger yet no solution. when i plug it to my pc it does not show sign that it is connected to my pc.

Tecno phones with inbuilt batteries have this issue a lot. I would've suspected a crashed EMMC but the low battery before it went dead is a clue that points @ the battery going totally empty. you need to leave it connected to a power source, sometimes, up to 48 hours before the battery picks up again.
it's similar to this issue @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html

just keep charging it
Question: Does the PC make a sound when you connect the tablet via USB cord?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
solomondavid
solomondavid
solomondavid
Enthusiastic Member
26-11-2014, 08:49 PM
(26-11-2014, 08:34 PM)hovatek
(26-11-2014, 04:33 PM)solomondavid Hello, I need your help with my Tecno p9 mini pad. I bought the pad in April this year and it has not really given me much problem except that once or twice it went off and came back again on it own and that was some times ago. there was also a time it was dragging and i thought it was due to the fact that i have so many apps installed on it. that resolved itself when i uninstall some apps. Before it went off yesterday,  I was using it to watch movies  and the battery went down to 4%. I stopped the movie and switch off the phone and plug it to my pc. After plugging it, it shows 5% and i tried to put it on in case calls may come in. the charging display disappear and the phone went blank which is normal but it refuse to power up. I thought it has not charged enough, so i left it to charge for some hour and i tried to put it back on but it refuses to come up. I tried several time, change charger yet no solution. when i plug it to my pc it does not show sign that it is connected to my pc.

Tecno phones with inbuilt batteries have this issue a lot.  I would've suspected a crashed EMMC but the low battery before it went dead is a clue that points @ the battery going totally empty. you need to leave it connected to a power source, sometimes, up to 48 hours before the battery picks up again.
it's similar to this issue @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html

just keep charging it
Question: Does the PC make a sound when you connect the tablet via USB cord?

No it does not make any sound. I will keep charging it as you suggested. Thanks
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
26-11-2014, 09:05 PM
(26-11-2014, 08:49 PM)solomondavid No it does not make any sound. I will keep charging it as you suggested. Thanks

let's know what happens after 24hrs of charging

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
solomondavid
solomondavid
solomondavid
Enthusiastic Member
26-11-2014, 10:00 PM

(26-11-2014, 09:05 PM)hovatek
(26-11-2014, 08:49 PM)solomondavid No it does not make any sound. I will keep charging it as you suggested. Thanks

let's know what happens after 24hrs of charging

ok, I will. Thanks
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-11-2014, 03:39 PM
(26-11-2014, 10:00 PM)solomondavid ok, I will. Thanks

is your p9 running on Android 4.2 or 4.4? and can you get access to a working p9?

Note!
solomondavid
solomondavid
solomondavid
Enthusiastic Member
28-11-2014, 03:43 PM
(27-11-2014, 03:39 PM)hovatek
(26-11-2014, 10:00 PM)solomondavid ok, I will. Thanks

is your p9 running on Android 4.2 or 4.4? and can you get access to a working p9?

I think it is running on 4.2. I just get my friend P9.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-11-2014, 07:29 PM
 solomondavi I think it is running on 4.2. I just get my friend P9.
make an MTK backup of it and lets know when you have the !files to flash folder

Note!
solomondavid
solomondavid
solomondavid
Enthusiastic Member
28-11-2014, 07:48 PM
(28-11-2014, 07:29 PM)hovatek
solomondavid I think it is running on 4.2. I just get my friend P9.
make an MTK backup of it and lets know when you have the !files to flash folder

I have !files to flash folder but I do not have enough data to send it tonight. Hopefully tomorrow or Monday.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-11-2014, 08:30 PM

solomondav I have !files to flash folder but I do not have enough data to send it tonight. Hopefully tomorrow or Monday.

we'll be standing by. in the mean time, please, dont attempt flashing anything to your phone. just let it keep charging

Note!
Pages (2): 1 2 Next