Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Help Mistakenly flashed wrong file to Tecno H6
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Help Mistakenly flashed wrong file to Tecno H6

Help Mistakenly flashed wrong file to Tecno H6

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
bolarge717
bolarge717
bolarge717
Experienced Member
27-06-2016, 02:50 PM

Good evening. Been a long time since i stepped out here. Please i have a tecno h6, i mistakenly flashed another rom into it. Now its hard bricked(not charging, not detected by the system anylonger). I have tried next to everything. I read other post from other users about same problem, so i connected the hnd point to other points. The system made a sound, but keeps showing unknown device connected instead of the normal mtk preloader connected under Device Manager. Please what is the way forward. Thanks
matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
27-06-2016, 07:48 PM
(27-06-2016, 02:50 PM)bolarge717 Good evening. Been a long time since i stepped out here. Please i have a tecno h6, i mistakenly flashed another rom into it. Now its hard bricked(not charging, not detected by the system anylonger). I have tried next to everything. I read other post from other users about same problem, so i connected the hnd point to other points. The system made a sound, but keeps showing unknown device connected instead of the normal mtk preloader connected under Device Manager. Please what is the way forward. Thanks
Download correct firmware https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html
And try flashing only preloader first refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-286.html.
Flash using spflashtool https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html
bolarge717
bolarge717
bolarge717
Experienced Member
27-06-2016, 09:47 PM
(27-06-2016, 07:48 PM)matybazz
(27-06-2016, 02:50 PM)bolarge717 Good evening. Been a long time since i stepped out here. Please i have a tecno h6, i mistakenly flashed another rom into it. Now its hard bricked(not charging, not detected by the system anylonger). I have tried next to everything. I read other post from other users about same problem, so i connected the hnd point to other points. The system made a sound, but keeps showing unknown device connected instead of the normal mtk preloader connected under Device Manager. Please what is the way forward. Thanks
Download correct firmware https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html
And try flashing only preloader first refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-286.html.
Flash using spflashtool https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html
Like i said the system is not detecting it. So am unable yo flash anything into it
matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
28-06-2016, 10:28 AM
(27-06-2016, 09:47 PM)bolarge717 Like i said the system is not detecting it. So am unable yo flash anything into it

Did you try flashing atall? Sunce the system now makes a sound and if theres any consideration device manager atleast shows that something is connected there might be a slight chance it gets connected in spflashtool
You can aswell uninstall and reinstall vcom driver https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-440.html
bolarge717
bolarge717
bolarge717
Experienced Member
28-06-2016, 11:11 AM

(28-06-2016, 10:28 AM)matybazz
(27-06-2016, 09:47 PM)bolarge717 Like i said the system is not detecting it. So am unable yo flash anything into it

Did you try flashing atall? Sunce the system now makes a sound and if theres any consideration device manager atleast shows that something is connected there might be a slight chance it gets connected in spflashtool
You can aswell uninstall and reinstall vcom driver https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-440.html

Its like this. I dont have a kcolo test point. Yhe points here are Gnd Dp and Dm. When i connect the Dp point to the Gnd the system sounds but brings out unknown device connected. I have uninstalled and re installed all preloader files. Still nothing. Please help as this is a relatives phone anf am a little short of cash fr now to get board
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-06-2016, 01:05 PM

right-click unknown device then select Update Driver. Update it using Mediatek drivers

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
bolarge717
bolarge717
bolarge717
Experienced Member
28-06-2016, 04:27 PM
(28-06-2016, 01:05 PM)hovatek

right-click unknown device then select Update Driver. Update it using Mediatek drivers

sir, i have tried what you suggested but it didnt work, i have attached 2 images. One was when i connected the Gnd point to the Dm test point , what my system detected it has and the other the error i got after tring to update the unknown device driver to Mtk Preloaders driver. I really hope this time you guys can solve my problem.The last time i had a problem with my P9, you guys response rate was very slow. I hope my Phone works again
This post was last modified: 28-06-2016, 04:33 PM by bolarge717.
Attached Files
.jpg
my phone.jpg
Size: 108.83 KB / Downloads: 4
.jpg
my phone 2.jpg
Size: 119.92 KB / Downloads: 4
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
29-06-2016, 10:50 AM
(28-06-2016, 04:27 PM)bolarge717 sir, i have tried what you suggested but it didnt work, i have attached 2 images. One was when i connected the Gnd point to the Dm test point , what my system detected it has and the other the error i got after tring to update the unknown device driver to Mtk Preloaders driver. I really hope this time you guys can solve my problem.The last time i had a problem with my P9, you guys response rate was very slow. I hope my Phone works again

attach a picture of the phone's board.
As for response rate, please upgrade to Premium Membership for fast and live support

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
bolarge717
bolarge717
bolarge717
Experienced Member
29-06-2016, 01:14 PM
(29-06-2016, 10:50 AM)hovatek
(28-06-2016, 04:27 PM)bolarge717 sir, i have tried what you suggested but it didnt work, i have attached 2 images. One was when i connected the Gnd point to the Dm test point , what my system detected it has and the other the error i got after tring to update the unknown device driver to Mtk Preloaders driver. I really hope this time you guys can solve my problem.The last time i had a problem with my P9, you guys response rate was very slow. I hope my Phone works again

attach a picture of the phone's board.
As for response rate, please upgrade to Premium Membership for fast and live support

Find the attached board picture below. The is nothing onthe other side. And if you can get an h6 board over there for proper observation i would appreciate it. About the premium membership, i would invest in you guys if this H6 is able to work again. Have had several problems in the past and none have me solved, when this phone works again i will be motivated to do more than subscribe for the premium membership
Attached Files
.jpg
IMG-20160412-WA0001.jpg
Size: 328.72 KB / Downloads: 6
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
30-06-2016, 07:22 AM

(29-06-2016, 01:14 PM)bolarge717 Find the attached board picture below. The is nothing onthe other side. And if you can get an h6 board over there for proper observation i would appreciate it. About the premium membership, i would invest in you guys if this H6 is able to work again. Have had several problems in the past and none have me solved, when this phone works again i will be motivated to do more than subscribe for the premium membership

we'll need to look into this issue.
lets have your whatsapp number

Note!
Pages (2): 1 2 Next