Hovatek Forum DESKTOP Windows [Please help] HOW TO UNLOCK ENCRYPTED RAR FILE
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] HOW TO UNLOCK ENCRYPTED RAR FILE

[Please help] HOW TO UNLOCK ENCRYPTED RAR FILE

Exone
Exone
Exone
30-06-2016, 09:45 PM

Good evening Hovatec
Please, I downloaded an encrypted rar file and it's currently impossible for me to access the files in it, because it kept asking me for password whenever I tried to extract the files.
please, what should i do?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
01-07-2016, 01:31 AM
(30-06-2016, 09:45 PM)Exone Good evening Hovatec
Please, I downloaded an encrypted rar file and it's currently impossible for me to access the files in it, because it kept asking me for password whenever I tried to extract the files.
please, what should i do?

* try requesting for the password from the site you downloaded the file from
* try requesting for the password from the uploader of the file
* try using the website name you downloaded the file from as password
* try this software @ http://www.isumsoft.com/rar-password-refixer/index.html
* better still search for and download the file from another source
Exone
Exone
Exone
01-07-2016, 02:20 PM
The owner of the site just wouldn't respond to any password request anymore, and that file is nowhere to be found, but just in this particular Arabian site,(designed in English language though) which i download it from.

And, the software above you redirected me to, needs the full purchase version to enable full functionality of brute force attack.

To be plain and straight, the file is a stock backup of the Android phone: Be UN020, if you've ever heard of it. And the phone is very rare. It was bought in Mecca.

I've been looking for it for months, and now i have it, but can't get through the files.

Will gladly appreciate any more suggestions from the Hovatek team, that would help me get through this. Thank you.

My best regards.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
01-07-2016, 06:58 PM
(01-07-2016, 02:20 PM)Exone The owner of the site just wouldn't respond to any password request anymore, and that file is nowhere to be found, but just in this particular Arabian site,(designed in English language though) which i download it from.

And, the software above you redirected me to, needs the full purchase version to enable full functionality of brute force attack.

To be plain and straight, the file is a stock backup of the Android phone: Be UN020, if you've ever heard of it. And the phone is very rare. It was bought in Mecca.

I've been looking for it for months, and now i have it, but can't get through the files.

Will gladly appreciate any more suggestions from the Hovatek team, that would help me get through this. Thank you.

My best regards.

your only option is a rar password bruteforcer. there are a number of them to search and pick from.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
01-07-2016, 07:27 PM

you can try bruteforcing using the software in the link posted above. but it may take a long while to get the password. depending on
* how long the password is,
* characters used for the password and
* also your processor speed
Exone
Exone
Exone
06-07-2016, 10:40 PM
Downloaded it from the link already but wondering If the trial version could eventually work even though the password is long like you said?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
13-07-2016, 05:53 AM
(06-07-2016, 10:40 PM)Exone Downloaded it from the link already but wondering If the trial version could eventually work even though the password is long like you said?

only tested the software with a short password.
if you ask me its not worth trying on a randomly downloaded file. the password could be more than 20 chars long with random chars or even symbols. it could take months, who knows years on an average PC.
This post was last modified: 13-07-2016, 05:53 AM by X3non.