Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Need help to backup Stock rom of Vodacom Power Tab 10
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Need help to backup Stock rom of Vodacom Power Tab 10

[Please help] Need help to backup Stock rom of Vodacom Power Tab 10

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Fingers7606
Fingers7606
Fingers7606
01-07-2016, 04:34 PM

Fellow members and admins, I need help in backing up stock rom/firmware of my Vodacom Power Tab 10 (MT8321), Android 5.1.
I have Mtkdroid tools v2.5.3, tablet drivers and SPF tool v5. 1524 installed on a Windows7 PC. My drivers are working fine and so does PdaNet. ADB and Fastboot are working fine. My tablet is rooted and has Busybox installed and both are working fine. Tablet has 3GB free Internal Storage and 16GB free SDCard. 
The problem is in 2 parts:
1. On MTK Droid Tools I get the following error message when I connect my tablet to the PC,
"ERROR: TotalBytesPerChunk Not Found. Set default Page/Spare=2048/64!!!
ATTENTION! File /system/recovery-from-boot.p which restore factory recovery in case of phone switching on in a normal mode Is Found". 
2. Cannot create scatter file as the "create scatter file" button, under Blocks Map, is grayed out(can't click on it).
So in essence I cannot create a Custom Recovery which, according to the instructions on many sites(including this one), is needed in order for to be able to backup your stock rom(cause the stock recovery doesn't have the feature to backup roms{from my understanding}).
The small box on the bottom left of MTK Droid Tools is green and reads "Vodacom Power Tab 10(root shell)" 

Now my question is: 
Does MTK Droid Tool support my device's chipset? 
If so: How do I fix the problems I'm experiencing on it?
If not then: Are there any other alternatives I can use to backup my Stock Rom? (I've already tried Miracle Box 227A and it does not see my device). 
Please kindly help... I'll be very grateful.
Apologies if I've posted in the wrong section.
This post was last modified: 01-07-2016, 08:58 PM by Fingers7606.
Attached Files
.jpg
MtkDroidTools1.jpg
Size: 207.42 KB / Downloads: 9
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
02-07-2016, 09:51 AM
(01-07-2016, 04:34 PM)Fingers7606 Fellow members and admins, I need help in backing up stock rom/firmware of my Vodacom Power Tab 10 (MT8321), Android 5.1.
I have Mtkdroid tools v2.5.3, tablet drivers and SPF tool v5. 1524 installed on a Windows7 PC. My drivers are working fine and so does PdaNet. ADB and Fastboot are working fine. My tablet is rooted and has Busybox installed and both are working fine. Tablet has 3GB free Internal Storage and 16GB free SDCard. 
The problem is in 2 parts:
1. On MTK Droid Tools I get the following error message when I connect my tablet to the PC,
"ERROR: TotalBytesPerChunk Not Found. Set default Page/Spare=2048/64!!!
ATTENTION! File /system/recovery-from-boot.p which restore factory recovery in case of phone switching on in a normal mode Is Found". 
2. Cannot create scatter file as the "create scatter file" button, under Blocks Map, is grayed out(can't click on it).
So in essence I cannot create a Custom Recovery which, according to the instructions on many sites(including this one), is needed in order for to be able to backup your stock rom(cause the stock recovery doesn't have the feature to backup roms{from my understanding}).
The small box on the bottom left of MTK Droid Tools is green and reads "Vodacom Power Tab 10(root shell)" 

Now my question is: 
Does MTK Droid Tool support my device's chipset? 
If so: How do I fix the problems I'm experiencing on it?
If not then: Are there any other alternatives I can use to backup my Stock Rom? (I've already tried Miracle Box 227A and it does not see my device). 
Please kindly help... I'll be very grateful.
Apologies if I've posted in the wrong section.

try creating a scatter file using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-12719.html
waiting.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Fingers7606
Fingers7606
Fingers7606
02-07-2016, 12:51 PM
Quote: hovatektry creating a scatter file using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-12719.html waiting.

OK I've tried to find a scatter file for my device(MT8321), but couldn't find it on the net, not even a basic MT8321 scatter. But I've found a scatter file for MT6580. Would the scatter file for MT6580 work? The reason I'm asking is that I've checked my build.prop and saw the following entries... 
Build.prop
ro.product.board=MT8321
ro.board.platform=mt6580

Also I installed CPU X app and I get the following info from it:
CPU X
Board: MT8321
Hardware: mt6580. 

*screenshots attached

I've also attached a screenshot of the MT6580 scatter I've downloaded and was wondering if it'll do the job.
This post was last modified: 31-08-2016, 10:43 AM by hovatek. Edit Reason: feedback
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot_2016-07-02-16-11-54.png
Size: 171.32 KB / Downloads: 4
.png
Screenshot_2016-07-02-16-11-31.png
Size: 108.56 KB / Downloads: 5
.png
Screenshot_2016-07-02-16-17-08.png
Size: 127.94 KB / Downloads: 4
Fingers7606
Fingers7606
Fingers7606
02-07-2016, 05:43 PM
Ok... So I'm busy trying to edit the MT6580_Android_scatter.txt that I downloaded and, even though I understand your procedure of modifying a scatter file, I have a few questions.
1. In the scatter file I downloaded there is an entry that reads "project: hct6580_weg_a_1" and your scatter file in the example has "project: d5110_infinix" in it. Do I change the entry or just leave it as is?

2. The scatter file I downloaded has the following entry in it that I do not have in the Block Info of Mtk Droid tools:
SYS0 as preloader
SYS1 as pgpt
SYS23 as sgpt.
Do I delete these records? If I delete these record do I have to rename the rest of the record according to the way the appear on Block Info?(like if first entry on Block Info is proinfo and second entry is nvram, since I've deleted SYS0(preloader) and SYS1(pgpt), do I have to rename proinfo as SYS0 and nvram as SYS1, etc or just leave the as they appear on the scatter file(proinfo{SYS2}, nvram{SYS3})?

3. I have entries in Blocks Info that are not available in downloaded scatter, which are "custpack", "otp" and "bmtpool". Do I add these into the scatter file or ignore them?

4. Does the "partition_index: SYSxx" have to follow the order at which thier entries appear in Block Info? Also can it have some number missing from the scatter(like have SYS5 and SYS7, but not SYS6)?
This post was last modified: 02-07-2016, 05:45 PM by Fingers7606.
Fingers7606
Fingers7606
Fingers7606
02-07-2016, 07:29 PM

Now this is getting too frustrating. I've finished editing the Scatter file, but now I'm stuck at SPF Tool. Here is the rundown of what I did and where I'm stuck.
1. I opened SPF Tool and loaded the scatter file.
2. Selected "Readback" tab and selected "Add"
3. Double clicked the newly created entry and saved as boot.img.
4. On next dialog screen(Readback block adress) I selected "Hex" and entered the following entries:
Start Address> 0x2C200
Length>0xE900
(these are the entries that appear in Block info).
When I click "OK" I get the error message "Address or length bytes not align" and from what I can see SPF Tool doesn't want to accept the Length that I entered. What should I do now?

The Block Info shows the following under boot
Scatter-000002C200(0x2C200)
Size-000000E900(0xE900)
Byte Size-59648
Device-emmc_p7
Fingers7606
Fingers7606
Fingers7606
03-07-2016, 12:49 PM
So I finally managed to Dump recovery.img and boot.img from my device using the ADB method. Now if anyone can be of help, please let me know how do I create/make a CWM recovery from my recovery.img? A tutorial would be nice.
Thanx.

PS: I don't have a working scatter file(gave up on that) and even though MTK Droid tools shows a green box for my device I cannot create a scatter file using it.
Fingers7606
Fingers7606
Fingers7606
03-07-2016, 01:33 PM
Ai... I give up. Everything I try is just not working out. All this fuss just so I could backup my rom, a whole week of trying and I'm still stuck at the very beginning(creating a custom recovery so that I could backup my rom).
Anyway so this is where I'm stuck now.
1. Managed to get recovery.img and boot.img from my device.
2. Went into MTK Droid Tools so I could create a CWM recovery with it. In MTK Droid Tools I did the following:
2a. selected "root, backup, recovery" tab.
2b. selected "to choose the boot.img file".
2c. clicked "Recovery and Boot" button.
2d. chose "Yes" to Make CWM automatically.
And after doing all the I get
"ERROR: No Boot Split Image"

"To use boot from phone" doesn't work either.
ERROR: Not read Block: boot.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-07-2016, 05:40 PM
(03-07-2016, 01:33 PM)Fingers7606 Ai... I give up. Everything I try is just not working out. All this fuss just so I could backup my rom, a whole week of trying and I'm still stuck at the very beginning(creating a custom recovery so that I could backup my rom).
Anyway so this is where I'm stuck now.
1. Managed to get recovery.img and boot.img from my device.
2. Went into MTK Droid Tools so I could create a CWM recovery with it. In MTK Droid Tools I did the following:
2a. selected "root, backup, recovery" tab.
2b. selected "to choose the boot.img file".
2c. clicked "Recovery and Boot" button.
2d. chose "Yes" to Make CWM automatically.
And after doing all the I get
"ERROR: No Boot Split Image"

"To use boot from phone" doesn't work either.
ERROR: Not read Block: boot.

Try backing up using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-07-2016, 05:41 PM
(03-07-2016, 12:49 PM)Fingers7606 So I finally managed to Dump recovery.img and boot.img from my device using the ADB method. Now if anyone can be of help, please let me know how do I create/make a CWM recovery from my recovery.img? A tutorial would be nice.
Thanx.

PS: I don't have a working scatter file(gave up on that) and even though MTK Droid tools shows a green box for my device I cannot create a scatter file using it.

upload the boot.img and recovery.img .
We can help with a custom recovery

Note!
Fingers7606
Fingers7606
Fingers7606
03-07-2016, 07:21 PM

Quote: Try backing up using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html

unfortunately Miracle Box doesn't work either. Won't detect my device no matter what I do.
Pages (2): 1 2 Next