Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to flash firmware to phone after backup with miracle box
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Tutorial] How to flash firmware to phone after backup with miracle box

[Tutorial] How to flash firmware to phone after backup with miracle box

matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
20-06-2016, 01:42 PM

Here is a guide on how to successfully flash firmware to your phone after backup with miracle box...
Alot of people have been saying the backup is unusable, well this will change your mindset bout that.

METHOD 1

1. Download  miracle box and how to backup here
https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html

2. Now if you did backup with choosing scatter file you will notice there are all in bin file extentions,  what you should do in order for it to be recognised by spflashtool rename them appropriately to thier file extentions as the example below if you intent to Flash using spflashtool https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html

[Image: 6.png]

3. Now if you intented to flash with spflashtool too you will need to create scatter file or copy scatter file from a previous backup of your phone or manually create  scatter file using here https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-2163.html or here https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-12719.html if mtk driod tools does no support your phone and replace with the scatter file created by miracle box.

[Image: 1-1.png]
For illustration purposes i only did backup for the two files your seeing

3. Now go to spflashtool and load scatter file and your files should be loaded like this depending on how many files are in your folder

[Image: 2-1.png]

4. And click download then connect your phone to flash

[Image: 3-1.png]
and voila!!!!

METHOD 2

1. Follow No. 1(one) above

2. This time dont replace scatter file or rename anything leave them as they are just go to write in mtk tab its just beside the read tick box and and tick write.

3. I wont advice you to tick any other thing though.. Now just above the Start button you will see a Bar with folder icon now click and navigate  to the folder you backup is stored (i.e the one you didnt modify anything),  and select the scatter file,  then click start and connect your phone (should be switched off).  After your phone gets connected to miracle box the below screenshot would should

[Image: 4-1.png]
Depending on how many files you chose to backup  

4. Select the files you want to flash to your phone and click ok.

[Image: 5-3.png]
depending on how many files you are flashing
camille
camille
camille
Enthusiastic Member
05-07-2016, 05:03 PM
(20-06-2016, 01:42 PM)matybazz Here is a guide on how to successfully flash firmware to your phone after backup with miracle box...
Alot of people have been saying the backup is unusable, well this will change your mindset bout that.

METHOD 1

1. Download  miracle box and how to backup here
https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html

2. Now if you did backup with choosing scatter file you will notice there are all in bin file extentions,  what you should do in order for it to be recognised by spflashtool rename them appropriately to thier file extentions as the example below if you intent to Flash using spflashtool https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html

[Image: 6.png]

3. Now if you intented to flash with spflashtool too you will need to create scatter file or copy scatter file from a previous backup of your phone or manually create  scatter file using here https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-2163.html or here https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-12719.html if mtk driod tools does no support your phone and replace with the scatter file created by miracle box.

[Image: 1-1.png]
For illustration purposes i only did backup for the two files your seeing

3. Now go to spflashtool and load scatter file and your files should be loaded like this depending on how many files are in your folder

[Image: 2-1.png]

4. And click download then connect your phone to flash

[Image: 3-1.png]
and voila!!!!

METHOD 2

1. Follow No. 1(one) above

2. This time dont replace scatter file or rename anything leave them as they are just go to write in mtk tab its just beside the read tick box and and tick write.

3. I wont advice you to tick any other thing though.. Now just above the Start button you will see a Bar with folder icon now click and navigate  to the folder you backup is stored (i.e the one you didnt modify anything),  and select the scatter file,  then click start and connect your phone (should be switched off).  After your phone gets connected to miracle box the below screenshot would should

[Image: 4-1.png]
Depending on how many files you chose to backup  

4. Select the files you want to flash to your phone and click ok.

[Image: 5-3.png]
depending on how many files you are flashing

I got error's like this sir using method 2. I followed everything, my drivers are correct. I know my partitions are correct since I had a readback from SPFT, but I notice the scatterfiles differ,
This post was last modified: 05-07-2016, 05:05 PM by camille.
Attached Files
.png
Untitled2.png
Size: 308.91 KB / Downloads: 12
matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
05-07-2016, 11:49 PM
(05-07-2016, 05:03 PM)camille I got error's like this sir using method 2. I followed everything, my drivers are correct. I know my partitions are correct since I had a readback from SPFT, but I notice the scatterfiles differ,

Scatter file created by miracle box have a lil difference you can replace the scatter file with the one you created previously I.e the one you used to readback
camille
camille
camille
Enthusiastic Member
09-07-2016, 08:57 AM
(05-07-2016, 11:49 PM)matybazz
(05-07-2016, 05:03 PM)camille I got error's like this sir using method 2. I followed everything, my drivers are correct. I know my partitions are correct since I had a readback from SPFT, but I notice the scatterfiles differ,

Scatter file created by miracle box have a lil difference you can replace the scatter file with the one you created previously I.e the one you used to readback

Stated in method B that I do not have to change anthing even the scatter file.
So that's what I did.

I tried replacing the scatterfile made with miracle box to the one made from mtkdroidtools but it only detects 2 partions.
matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
09-07-2016, 11:49 AM

(09-07-2016, 08:57 AM)camille Stated in method B that I do not have to change anthing even the scatter file.
So that's what I did.

I tried replacing the scatterfile made with miracle box to the one made from mtkdroidtools but it only detects 2 partions.
After replacing you can manually select the rest it should flash
lakunle1love
lakunle1love
lakunle1love
Respected Member
15-07-2016, 06:13 PM
(09-07-2016, 11:49 AM)matybazz
(09-07-2016, 08:57 AM)camille Stated in method B that I do not have to change anthing even the scatter file.
So that's what I did.

After replacing you can manually select the rest it should flash

please how do i use the miracle box to flash a downloaded firmware that is in .zip format?
matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
15-07-2016, 06:36 PM
(15-07-2016, 06:13 PM)lakunle1love please how do i use the miracle box to flash a downloaded firmware that is in .zip format?

Have you extracted it first? And by the way miracle box does not backup in zip format
This post was last modified: 15-07-2016, 06:38 PM by matybazz.
lakunle1love
lakunle1love
lakunle1love
Respected Member
16-07-2016, 11:07 AM
(15-07-2016, 06:36 PM)matybazz
(15-07-2016, 06:13 PM)lakunle1love please how do i use the miracle box to flash a downloaded firmware that is in .zip format?

Have you extracted it first?  And by the way miracle box does not backup in zip format

Thanks for your response, i know it doesn't backup in  .zip FormaT and yes, I've extracted it plus i also have the  .zip file.