Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Firmware Back-up via Miracle Eye.
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Firmware Back-up via Miracle Eye.

[Please help] Firmware Back-up via Miracle Eye.

camille
camille
camille
Enthusiastic Member
05-07-2016, 03:50 PM

Hi guys, I'm just a guy who is looking for an alternative FIRMWARE Write/Back-up Tool.I have came accross with this chinese tool Miracle Eye Box/Miracle Box. I am using the software given in this thread https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html. When I try to write firmware using miracle eye(not changing the file extensions i.e .img) it shows some errors.

Edit: I know how to readback firmware on SPFT and MTKDroidTools. Since my device is still supported coz it's mt6592 running Android Lollipop 5.1. The reason I am experimenting with this is because I am planning to buy new phone with MT6735 chipset 64-bit  quadcore running on Android Marshmallow 6.0. Users said that it can't be rooted with King/oRoot, iRoot etc. So there will be no chance to pull the images through root shell via adb.

Attachments Below.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ANSWERS
This post was last modified: 05-08-2016, 10:53 PM by SamH.
Attached Files
.png
Untitled2.png
Size: 308.91 KB / Downloads: 8
.png
Untitled1.png
Size: 223.34 KB / Downloads: 6
.png
Untitled.png
Size: 278.07 KB / Downloads: 5
matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
05-07-2016, 07:19 PM
(05-07-2016, 03:50 PM)camille Hi guys, I'm just a guy who is looking for an alternative FIRMWARE Write/Back-up Tool.I have came accross with this chinese tool Miracle Eye Box/Miracle Box. I am using the software given in this thread https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html. When I try to write firmware using miracle eye(not changing the file extensions i.e .img) it shows some errors.

Edit: I know how to readback firmware on SPFT and MTKDroidTools. Since my device is still supported coz it's mt6592 running Android Lollipop 5.1. The reason I am experimenting with this is because I am planning to buy new phone with MT6735 chipset 64-bit  quadcore running on Android Marshmallow 6.0. Users said that it can't be rooted with King/oRoot, iRoot etc. So there will be no chance to pull the images through root shell via adb.

Attachments Below.

Refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13600.html it should give you clarity and also the scatter file created by miracle box can't be 100% trusted I must say because it has given people issue when writing firmware. You can  use the scatter file from the phone's previous backup or manually create scatter file using this guide https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-12719.html
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
06-07-2016, 08:45 PM
(05-07-2016, 03:50 PM)camille Hi guys, I'm just a guy who is looking for an alternative FIRMWARE Write/Back-up Tool.I have came accross with this chinese tool Miracle Eye Box/Miracle Box. I am using the software given in this thread https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html. When I try to write firmware using miracle eye(not changing the file extensions i.e .img) it shows some errors.

Attachments Below.

Miracle box backs up files in .bin format but from your post, you have the .img format.
could you state the source of the firmware you're trying to flash?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
camille
camille
camille
Enthusiastic Member
09-07-2016, 08:50 AM
(06-07-2016, 08:45 PM)hovatek

Attachments Below.

Miracle box backs up files in .bin format but from your post, you have the .img format.
could you state the source of the firmware you're trying to flash?

no, I have have .bin files since I did not change the file extensions coz I am not flashing it using SPFlashTool. The firmware I got is the firmware back up I made with miracle box. I just want to try it if it really works.

EDIT: The firmware back up I made works on SPFT. It just needs the original scatter file(the one made from mtkdroidtools).

Now, I just want to know how to make this work on Miracle Box. By the way, I tried replacing the scatter file(from miracl ebox) with the scatterfile created with miracle box and it only detect 2 partitions. Therefore, I can't use the scatterfile created with the mtkdroidtools in miracle box.
This post was last modified: 05-08-2016, 10:54 PM by SamH.
matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
09-07-2016, 11:45 AM

(09-07-2016, 08:50 AM)camille no, I have have .bin files since I did not change the file extensions coz I am not flashing it using SPFlashTool. The firmware I got is the firmware back up I made with miracle box. I just want to try it if it really works.

EDIT: The firmware back up I made works on SPFT. It just needs the original scatter file(the one made from mtkdroidtools).

Now, I just want to know how to make this work on Miracle Box. By the way, I tried replacing the scatter file(from miracl ebox) with the scatterfile created with miracle box and it only detect 2 partitions. Therefore, I can't use the scatterfile created with the mtkdroidtools in miracle box.

Try the scatter file created by miracle box for flashing with miracle box it should work have personally done it before... Unless the backup completed with errors. From here https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13600.html you will see that the scatter file created by miracle was what i used..
You can manually select the location of the other files in spflashtool it should flash
camille
camille
camille
Enthusiastic Member
10-07-2016, 07:18 AM
(09-07-2016, 11:45 AM)matybazz
(09-07-2016, 08:50 AM)camille no, I have have .bin files since I did not change the file extensions coz I am not flashing it using SPFlashTool. The firmware I got is the firmware back up I made with miracle box. I just want to try it if it really works.

Try the scatter file created by miracle box for flashing with miracle box it should work have personally done it before... Unless the backup completed with errors.  From here https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13600.html you will see that the scatter file created by miracle was what i used..
You can manually select the location of the other files in spflashtool it should flash

I did that sir, but it's still the same error. But the good yhing is taht it can be flashed with SPFT I just need to modify the scatterfile or make one with MTKDroidTools. So I guess, I will not use miracle box as flashtool anymore. I will just use it as firmware dump and edit scatterfile to be used for 64-bit device.