Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android MTK6580 phone boots. then sometimes it wont, while installing the same rom
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

MTK6580 phone boots. then sometimes it wont, while installing the same rom

MTK6580 phone boots. then sometimes it wont, while installing the same rom

robneymcplum
robneymcplum
robneymcplum
Techie Member
12-07-2016, 06:17 PM

Uhappy UP580, MTK6580 LP5.1

Very weird one this, had stock rom, ported then installed a cm based rom, was working fine.
Tried another rom, worked but camera issues, fiddled and then it wouldnt boot. Tried the last one, then that didnt boot either. Tried my ported rom I knew worked. THAT didnt boot either... used my backups in TWRP of stock AND my own custom rom, both booted fine. Tried to install my custom rom I knew worked, had been using before, and THAT didnt boot either... All of them get to nothing, or sometimes bootanimation freezes and bootloops to there, sometimes the same rom I try boots to bootanimation, sometimes it doesnt. Yet ITS THE SAME ROM.

Tl/Dr: some roms sometimes boot, then try again and they wont. Even if I've been running them before. Tried SPFlash to revert to stock and start all processes again, still nothing. I must be missing something massively obvious??

Got backups of stock and custom rom so I have my phone working, just this is annoying me Sad
This post was last modified: 12-07-2016, 06:18 PM by robneymcplum.
matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
13-07-2016, 10:11 AM
(12-07-2016, 06:17 PM)robneymcplum Uhappy UP580, MTK6580 LP5.1

Very weird one this, had stock rom, ported then installed a cm based rom, was working fine.
Tried another rom, worked but camera issues, fiddled and then it wouldnt boot. Tried the last one, then that didnt boot either. Tried my ported rom I knew worked. THAT didnt boot either... used my backups in TWRP of stock AND my own custom rom, both booted fine. Tried to install my custom rom I knew worked, had been using before, and THAT didnt boot either... All of them get to nothing, or sometimes bootanimation freezes and bootloops to there, sometimes the same rom I try boots to bootanimation, sometimes it doesnt. Yet ITS THE SAME ROM.

Tl/Dr: some roms sometimes boot, then try again and they wont. Even if I've been running them before. Tried SPFlash to revert to stock and start all processes again, still nothing. I must be missing something massively obvious??

Got backups of stock and custom rom so I have my phone working, just this is annoying me Sad
Have you tried factory resetting in recovery after flashing?
robneymcplum
robneymcplum
robneymcplum
Techie Member
13-07-2016, 11:31 AM
(13-07-2016, 10:11 AM)matybazz
(12-07-2016, 06:17 PM)robneymcplum Uhappy UP580, MTK6580 LP5.1

Have you tried factory resetting in recovery after flashing?

More than likely I did, I was trying everything. But I KNOW I didnt when first insatalling any of the roms, yet they still booted fine.
matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
14-07-2016, 10:41 AM
(13-07-2016, 11:31 AM)robneymcplum More than likely I did, I was trying everything. But I KNOW I didnt when first insatalling any of the roms, yet they still booted fine.
Ok flash the stock if you haven't after success boot to factory mode with volume down+power key and wipe emmc
robneymcplum
robneymcplum
robneymcplum
Techie Member
15-07-2016, 04:05 PM

(14-07-2016, 10:41 AM)matybazz
(13-07-2016, 11:31 AM)robneymcplum More than likely I did, I was trying everything. But I KNOW I didnt when first insatalling any of the roms, yet they still booted fine.
Ok flash the stock if you haven't after success boot to factory mode with volume down+power key and wipe emmc

Stock ROM I have to flash in SPT, works fine. Try to flash 'my' custom rom that I have used before and had running, and it wont flash. Sometimes to boot animation, sometimes not. Restore the backup of this rom and it works fine...
Very odd, as I say, I have my custom rom working fine from the backup, and other people have flashed 'my' custom rom with no problems either. And I didwipe emmc and everything else Sad very weird.
I did a full factory flash, full, twrp install, full rom install like I first did and it STILL wouldnt boot with the same zip other people can flash with! That I made!
This post was last modified: 15-07-2016, 04:06 PM by robneymcplum.