Hovatek Forum HARDWARE SIM / Network unlock Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT I9100), low reception of 3G compared to 2G
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT I9100), low reception of 3G compared to 2G

Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT I9100), low reception of 3G compared to 2G

Baptenda
Baptenda
Baptenda
26-07-2016, 03:40 AM

I have purchased a Samsung Galaxy S2 from UK. It was a used one. Now when I want to use 3G, it gets a low signal. Like 1 bar or none at all. What can I do? 2G reception is impeccable though. I have flashed some modems on it. But none solved the issue.
Note that the sim card used in it is the same I use in my other phone and the other phone has an excellent 3G pick here.
Thanks much

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Hovatek mobile
This post was last modified: 26-07-2016, 03:43 AM by Baptenda.
matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
26-07-2016, 10:35 AM
(26-07-2016, 03:40 AM)Baptenda I have purchased a Samsung Galaxy S2 from UK. It was a used one. Now when I want to use 3G, it gets a  low signal. Like 1 bar or none at all. What can I do?  2G reception is impeccable though. I have flashed some modems on it. But none solved the issue.
Note that the sim card used in it is the same I use in my other phone and the other phone has an excellent 3G pick here.
Thanks much

Check you imei what does it say and have you tried a different sim to observe?
Baptenda
Baptenda
Baptenda
26-07-2016, 11:49 AM
(26-07-2016, 10:35 AM)matybazz
(26-07-2016, 03:40 AM)Baptenda I have purchased a Samsung Galaxy S2 from UK. It was a used one. Now when I want to use 3G, it gets a  low signal. Like 1 bar or none at all. What can I do?  2G reception is impeccable though. I have flashed some modems on it. But none solved the issue.
Thanks much

Check you imei what does it say and have you tried a different sim to observe?
There is no problem with IMEI. The imei is fine. I have used other sim cards in the phone. Same think. I asked the seller, he said he has been using the phone 3G working fine on it.