Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Please tell me how.
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Please tell me how.

Please tell me how.

Ahlulbait
Ahlulbait
Ahlulbait
21-12-2015, 07:30 PM

Good evening sir,  

1. please how can i find out the variant  number of an android phone being it mtk, spreadtrum or Qualcomm?

2. The second question is, for example, if  am  having Gionee P6 hooked in Boot menu  which I don't know the build number  and I want  flash it, how will I find the build number of the phone to download the right one or can I download any one from the list?

Thanks
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
22-12-2015, 11:30 AM
(21-12-2015, 07:30 PM)Ahlulbait Good evening sir,  

1. please how can i find out the variant  number of an android phone being it mtk, spreadtrum or Qualcomm?

2. The second question is, for example, if  am  having Gionee P6 hooked in Boot menu  which I don't know the build number  and I want  flash it, how will I find the build number of the phone to download the right one or can I download any one from the list?

Thanks

1. Don't understand what you mean by variant number
2. You can try the P6 firmware one at a time. At least one will work on your phone

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Ahlulbait
Ahlulbait
Ahlulbait
24-12-2015, 06:35 AM
Good morning sir, thanks a lot for your reply. What i mean by variant number is, the itel 1701 stock ROM in your forum is having variant 1 and 2, assuming I have a healthy Itel phone (i.e nothing is wrong with the phone) and I want to know if my own is variant 1 or 2, how will I find it? Thank you so much.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-12-2015, 01:24 PM
(24-12-2015, 06:35 AM)Ahlulbait Good morning sir, thanks a lot for your reply. What  i mean by variant number is,  the itel 1701 stock ROM in your forum is having  variant 1 and 2, assuming I have a healthy Itel phone (i.e nothing is wrong with the phone)  and I want to know if my own is variant 1 or 2, how will I find it? Thank you so much.

For that, you'll need to try one after the other (trial and error)

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Ahlulbait
Ahlulbait
Ahlulbait
25-12-2015, 09:39 AM

Ok. Thanks.
Ahlulbait
Ahlulbait
Ahlulbait
25-12-2015, 10:41 AM
Sir, I tried to backup an itel phone and was not successful.

I tried busybox (stericson) and at the end i got "sh: applet not found". So i tried busybox Installer (Jrummy) and below are the results i got:

Command: C:\adb>adb push backuptools.tar /data/local/tmp
Result: 2473 KB/s (50688 bytes in 0.020s)

Command: C:\adb>adb shell
Result: shell@v600_tsl_211:/ $

Command: shell@v600_tsl_211:/ $ su -c mount -o rw,remount rootfs /
Result: su -c mount -o rw,remount rootfs /

Command: shell@v600_tsl_211:/ $ su -c "tar -xvpf /data/local/tmp/backuptools.tar"
Result: su -c "tar -xvpf /data/local/tmp/backuptools.tar"
mkyaffs2image
mkbackup.sh

Command: shell@v600_tsl_211:/ $ su -c "./mkbackup.sh"
Result: su -c "./mkbackup.sh"
sh: ./mkbackup.sh: No such file or directoryshell

please sir, tell me where i whent wrong in the process.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
26-12-2015, 07:37 AM
(25-12-2015, 10:41 AM)Ahlulbait Sir,  I tried to backup an itel phone and was not successful.

I tried busybox (stericson) and at the end i got "sh: applet not found". So i tried busybox Installer (Jrummy) and below are the results i got:

Command:   C:\adb>adb push backuptools.tar /data/local/tmp                            
Result:    2473 KB/s (50688 bytes in 0.020s)

Command:   C:\adb>adb shell                                                                
Result:    shell@v600_tsl_211:/ $

Command:   shell@v600_tsl_211:/ $ su -c mount -o rw,remount rootfs /                      
Result:    su -c mount -o rw,remount rootfs /

Command:   shell@v600_tsl_211:/ $ su -c "tar -xvpf /data/local/tmp/backuptools.tar"        
Result:    su -c "tar -xvpf /data/local/tmp/backuptools.tar"
          mkyaffs2image                                                                  
          mkbackup.sh

Command:   shell@v600_tsl_211:/ $ su -c "./mkbackup.sh"
Result:    su -c "./mkbackup.sh"                                                          
          sh: ./mkbackup.sh: No such file or directoryshell

please sir, tell me where i whent wrong in the process.

It's probably how your phone is setup.
You best use a box like Volcano

Note!
Ahlulbait
Ahlulbait
Ahlulbait
30-07-2016, 03:19 AM
Peace on to you sir. 
1. Please the procedures you gave on how to backup ROM where you listed four methods to be used, those it apply to mtk android phone alone or the procedures can also be used for spreadtrum?

2. Can I install itel 1702 OS in itel 1702?

3. The ROMdump link is not working. It says the attached file does not exist. This is from the tutorial you made on how to make romdump.
Thanks a lot sir.
Ahlulbait
Ahlulbait
Ahlulbait
30-07-2016, 03:22 AM
Peace on to you sir. 
1. Please the procedures you gave on how to backup ROM where you listed four methods to be used, those it apply to mtk android phone alone or the procedures can also be used for spreadtrum?

2. Can I install itel 1702 OS in itel 1701 I mean to say not 1702 again.

3. The ROMdump link is not working. It says the attached file does not exist. This is from the tutorial you made on how to make romdump.
Thanks a lot sir.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
31-07-2016, 09:58 AM

(30-07-2016, 03:22 AM)Ahlulbait Peace on to you sir. 

2. Can I install itel 1702 OS in itel 1701 I mean to say not 1702 again.

Thanks a lot sir.

1. Which guie are you refering to?
2. Create a new thread for this to avoid a mixup

Note!