Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] infinix x551 16+1 lollipop
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] infinix x551 16+1 lollipop

[Please help] infinix x551 16+1 lollipop

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Chidoo4u
Chidoo4u
Chidoo4u
Techie Member
10-08-2016, 08:12 PM

No custom recovery works and also I can't downgrade to Kit Kat!!!!!!!  Am damn tired of ds fone.. It has given me many sleepless nights.. Please team hovatek I need help.. This is the 3rd time am posting in this forum yet I haven't gotten help... Please!!!!!!!!!
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
11-08-2016, 08:03 PM
(10-08-2016, 08:12 PM)Chidoo4u No custom recovery works and also I can't downgrade to Kit Kat!!!!!!!  Am damn tired of ds fone.. It has given me many sleepless nights.. Please team hovatek I need help.. This is the 3rd time am posting in this forum yet I haven't gotten help... Please!!!!!!!!!

download philz recovery @ http://www.datafilehost.com/d/6c31cce0

if you wish to downgrade back to kitkat,
download stock rom @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-533.html
then flash using sp flash tools @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html
Chidoo4u
Chidoo4u
Chidoo4u
Techie Member
12-08-2016, 05:48 PM
I downloaded and flashed the kitkat stock rom.. It was succesful but during booting it shows a blank screen with vertical stripes
matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
13-08-2016, 10:20 AM
(12-08-2016, 05:48 PM)Chidoo4u I downloaded and flashed the kitkat stock rom.. It was succesful but during booting it shows a blank screen with vertical stripes

And your sure yours is the 1gb ram and 16GB rom?
peter osoro
peter osoro
peter osoro
13-08-2016, 12:41 PM

I had the similar problem, having two identical x551 running the same lolipop rom but one of them couldn't boot in any custom recovery, even after formatting all flash before downloading the rom only one worked, and the other one is not a clone.
what i can advise is to read back a similar phone having twrp or philztouch and flash the whole rom and see if it works.
if you're just after root just use the latest kingroot.
Chidoo4u
Chidoo4u
Chidoo4u
Techie Member
13-08-2016, 01:41 PM
@mattybaz of course the storage details show 16gb and 1gb ram and its also boldly written at the battery side of the phone. @peter.. I have performed readback of two similar phones running kitkat using sp flash tool but when i flash the rom to my phone it ended up bricking it..i revived it back by flashing a lollipop stock rom.!!!! My question is this, are there many variants of the 16gb+1gb infinix? Cos ds is damn confusing and annoying.. A friend of mine having the same infinix x551 16gb+1gb flashed a custom recovery and its working fine then why cant my own work since its the same phone.. Thats why i prefer tecno wen it comes to this variant stuffs.. One recovery can b flashed to the same tecno phones..this phone don stress me die
matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
13-08-2016, 02:08 PM
(13-08-2016, 01:41 PM)Chidoo4u @mattybaz of course the storage details show 16gb and 1gb ram and its also boldly written at the battery side of the phone.  @peter..  I have performed readback of two similar phones running kitkat using sp flash tool but when i flash the rom to my phone it ended up bricking it..i revived it back by flashing a lollipop stock rom.!!!! My question is this, are there many variants of the 16gb+1gb infinix?  Cos ds is damn confusing and annoying.. A friend of mine having the same infinix x551 16gb+1gb flashed a custom recovery and its working fine then why cant my own work since its the same phone.. Thats why i prefer tecno wen it comes to this variant stuffs.. One recovery can b flashed to the same tecno phones..this phone don stress me die

Its possible yours shipped with lollipop firmware and not kitkat
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-08-2016, 08:06 PM
(13-08-2016, 01:41 PM)Chidoo4u @mattybaz of course the storage details show 16gb and 1gb ram and its also boldly written at the battery side of the phone.  @peter..  I have performed readback of two similar phones running kitkat using sp flash tool but when i flash the rom to my phone it ended up bricking it..i revived it back by flashing a lollipop stock rom.!!!! My question is this, are there many variants of the 16gb+1gb infinix?  Cos ds is damn confusing and annoying.. A friend of mine having the same infinix x551 16gb+1gb flashed a custom recovery and its working fine then why cant my own work since its the same phone.. Thats why i prefer tecno wen it comes to this variant stuffs.. One recovery can b flashed to the same tecno phones..this phone don stress me die

Yes, there are multiple variants of the X551, even for the 1+16.
Tecno is just as guilty

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Chidoo4u
Chidoo4u
Chidoo4u
Techie Member
13-08-2016, 08:30 PM
Does it mean that ifbthe phone is shipped with lollipop then it cant be downgraded to kitkat and custom recovery cant work on it???? Let me know if i will just sell out this stubborn phone
peter osoro
peter osoro
peter osoro
13-08-2016, 08:59 PM

(13-08-2016, 08:30 PM)Chidoo4u Does it mean that ifbthe phone is shipped with lollipop then it cant be downgraded to kitkat and custom recovery cant work on it???? Let me know if i will just sell out this stubborn phone

I think so, the bootloader might not allow you to downgrade from lolipop to kikat
Pages (2): 1 2 Next