Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Stock firmware needed urgently
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Stock firmware needed urgently

Stock firmware needed urgently

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
kelebzy
kelebzy
kelebzy
06-09-2016, 06:31 PM

(06-09-2016, 06:13 PM)hovatek
(06-09-2016, 01:23 PM)kelebzy i have already tried easeus data recovery
and couldnt see my system.img backup
besides even if i did i still coulnt have
been able to recover it due to it 500mb
limit allocated to trial version which am
on and my sytem.img exceeds that. My
main reason of asking you guys at
hovatek is to ask for my malata n501
stock firmware to flash back my phone.
Dont know why you guys dont have it till
now,because i have seen someone ask
for it sometime ago and now i also have
a need for it so cant you guys get it for
me and for others that might need it in th
future. Thanks once again for your
efforts so far,dont know what else to do
if your next reply after this post is in the
negative. I guess thats all i will expect to
come from you guys
«

We don't collect Malata firmware at the moment. The best we can do for you is help search.
Nothing solid came up after a quick search so we'll have to be on the lookout .

Thanks anyway,i guess that will be all from me. I will have to go and try another phone's stock firmware and hope it works(only using the system.img will it work?) or as a last resort which is more difficult go to thier service center for repair.
matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
06-09-2016, 09:49 PM
(06-09-2016, 06:31 PM)kelebzy Thanks anyway,i guess that will be all from me. I will have to go and try another phone's stock firmware and hope it works(only using the system.img will it work?) or as a last resort which is more difficult go to thier service center for repair.

I wont advice flashing a firmware file of a different phone to your phone so it doesnt go worse than it is ATM.
Yes if you can sysyem.img of your phone it should work
kelebzy
kelebzy
kelebzy
06-09-2016, 10:29 PM
(06-09-2016, 09:49 PM)matybazz
(06-09-2016, 06:31 PM)kelebzy Thanks anyway,i guess that will be all from me. I will have to go and try another phone's stock firmware and hope it works(only using the system.img will it work?) or as a last resort which is more difficult go to thier service center for repair.

I wont advice flashing a firmware file of a different phone to your phone so it doesnt go worse than it is ATM.
Yes if you can sysyem.img of your phone it should work

i guess you mean i can go ahead to flash the system.img from another phone???.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-09-2016, 09:38 AM
(06-09-2016, 10:29 PM)kelebzy i guess you mean i can go ahead to flash the system.img from another phone???.

flashing system.img from a non compatible phone isn't a really good idea.
If there's one thing i've learnt about Mediatek phones, its that they often have clones / replicas in form of models of other brands. If you can find out which phone is a clone of yours then you could give its firmware a shot

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
kelebzy
kelebzy
kelebzy
07-09-2016, 05:31 PM

(07-09-2016, 09:38 AM)hovatek
(06-09-2016, 10:29 PM)kelebzy i guess you mean i can go ahead to flash the system.img from another phone???.

flashing system.img from a non compatible phone isn't a really good idea.
If there's one thing i've learnt about Mediatek phones, its that they often have clones / replicas in form of models of other brands. If you can find out which phone is a clone of yours then you could give its firmware a shot

since you are more techie in things like this why dont you tell me any that's a clone of mine(malata n501). Have scoured the web and i have seen one like lenovo a850i i think is quite similar to mine. Do you concur? Or do you want to suggest to me any one more similat than it. Also can you add it to your lenovo collection because its only a850 and a850+ that i saw there. Though a850 and a850i are similar,the only difference being thier internal memory capacity(4gb and 8gb respectively).
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-09-2016, 10:09 AM
(07-09-2016, 05:31 PM)kelebzy since you are more techie in things like this why dont you tell me any that's a clone of mine(malata n501). Have scoured the web and i have seen one like lenovo a850i i think is quite similar to mine. Do you concur? Or do you want to suggest to me any one more similat than it. Also can you add it to your lenovo collection because its only a850 and a850+ that i saw there. Though a850 and a850i are similar,the only difference being thier internal memory capacity(4gb and 8gb respectively).

lets start with your phones specs.
List everything here

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Pages (2): Previous 1 2