Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Mi tribe a500 network issue
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Mi tribe a500 network issue

Mi tribe a500 network issue

mrwonder
mrwonder
mrwonder
10-09-2016, 06:46 AM

I bought mi tribe a500 from konga, the phone was delivered to me day before yesterday. But i notice that the phone don't receive network signal when i insert mtn, airtel or glo but in dual sim settings it indicates that there is mtn in the phone but no network signal.
Etisalat the only one that receive network signal always bring edge network signal despite the phone is in 3g only . i also notice that the imei number in the phone is different from the one at the panel of the phone, so i changed it to the one at panel of the phone still the problem persist.please help me.

Sent from my M2 using Hovatek mobile
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
10-09-2016, 12:06 PM
(10-09-2016, 06:46 AM)mrwonder I bought mi tribe a500 from konga, the phone was delivered to me day before yesterday. But i notice that the phone don't receive network signal when i insert mtn, airtel or glo but in dual sim settings it indicates that there is mtn in the phone but no network signal.
Etisalat the only one that receive network signal always bring edge network signal despite the phone is in 3g only . i also notice that the imei number in the phone is different from the one at the panel of the phone, so i changed it to the one at panel of the phone still the problem persist.please help me.

I would return it but knowing how long that could take to resolve, lets consider fixing.
First, backup the firmware in scatter format using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html or download the firmware online
Let me know which you do

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
mrwonder
mrwonder
mrwonder
11-09-2016, 06:22 AM
(10-09-2016, 12:06 PM)hovatek
(10-09-2016, 06:46 AM)mrwonder I bought mi tribe a500 from konga, the phone was delivered to me day before yesterday. But i notice that the phone don't receive network signal when i insert mtn, airtel or glo but in dual sim settings it indicates that there is mtn in the phone but no network signal.

I would return it but knowing how long that could take to resolve, lets consider fixing.
First, backup the firmware in scatter format using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html or download the firmware online
Let me know which you do

The firmware is not available online

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-09-2016, 06:32 PM
(11-09-2016, 06:22 AM)mrwonder The firmware is not available online

Go with the backup option then.
Backup in both .bin and scatter format

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
mrwonder
mrwonder
mrwonder
11-09-2016, 10:19 PM

Oga hovatek I noticed that the imei number is not showing when i connect the phone with mtk droid tools and the imei/nvram is gray and unclickable

Sent from my mi-A500 using Hovatek mobile
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-09-2016, 05:38 PM
(11-09-2016, 10:19 PM)mrwonder Oga hovatek I noticed that the imei number is not showing when i connect the phone with mtk droid tools and the imei/nvram is gray and unclickable

Sent from my mi-A500 using Hovatek mobile

You're to use Miracle box, not MTK Droid tools

Note!