Hovatek Forum HARDWARE Repairs [Please help] I NEED HELP WITH MY Hp ELITE BOOK CORE I7
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] I NEED HELP WITH MY Hp ELITE BOOK CORE I7

[Please help] I NEED HELP WITH MY Hp ELITE BOOK CORE I7

xsantos
xsantos
xsantos
20-09-2016, 08:19 AM

Please my hp elite book recently developed this problem, it will be switched on but nothing displays on the screen, even from the first time you switch it on. I took it to a laptop repairer and they changed the processor and put a new one. The problem stopped and the screen started showing.. But after a day, the problem continued. What could possibly be the cause of this. The ram and the rest of the stuff in the laptop is working fine.
matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
20-09-2016, 11:00 AM
(20-09-2016, 08:19 AM)xsantos Please my hp elite book recently developed this problem, it will be switched on but nothing displays on the screen, even from the first time you switch it on. I took it to a laptop repairer and they changed the processor and put a new one. The problem stopped and the screen started showing.. But after a day, the problem continued. What could possibly be the cause of this. The ram and the rest of the stuff in the laptop is working fine.
Have you tried connecting to a monitor to see if it displays?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
20-09-2016, 08:35 PM
(20-09-2016, 08:19 AM)xsantos Please my hp elite book recently developed this problem, it will be switched on but nothing displays on the screen, even from the first time you switch it on. I took it to a laptop repairer and they changed the processor and put a new one.  The problem stopped and the screen started showing..  But after a day, the problem continued. What could possibly be the cause of this. The ram and the rest of the stuff in the laptop is working fine.

very interesting
* you're 100% sure that the processor was changed?
* take a close look at the screen and ensure that it isnt displaying but very very dim
* if you can, also test with an external monitor as @Matybazz suggested
* then here are usually two RAMs (test each of them separately) OR better still find another RAM and try it on your PC
xsantos
xsantos
xsantos
21-09-2016, 11:34 PM
Okay sir.. Thanks.. I will do just what uve suggested
xsantos
xsantos
xsantos
23-09-2016, 11:20 PM

I did the ram removal nd replacement stuff and it worked and after sometime it went back to the way it was.. Wat could really be the cause please.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
24-09-2016, 12:54 AM
(23-09-2016, 11:20 PM)xsantos I did the ram removal nd replacement stuff and it worked and after sometime it went back to the way it was..  Wat could really be the cause please.

* how many RAMs do you currently have on the PC (1 or 2) ?
* which did you remove and 
* which did you replace with?
xsantos
xsantos
xsantos
24-09-2016, 02:24 PM
I have two rams.. 4gb each.. I removed d first one nd replaced it with d second one.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
24-09-2016, 08:26 PM
(24-09-2016, 02:24 PM)xsantos I have two rams..  4gb each..  I removed d first one nd replaced it with d second one.

use a dry brush to clean the RAM slot
then test the PC using RAM A only.. note the outcome
then test the PC using RAM B only.. note the outcome
..if you still get no display after testing the two separately, then you'll have to get and test another RAM from elsewhere (best from a working PC)
..you can also test your RAMs on another PC and check the outcome

BTW when you power on the PC and it displays the black screen, does the PC still remain on?
and its important that you take out your HDD while performing all these tests to prevent crashing it
xsantos
xsantos
xsantos
29-09-2016, 08:25 AM
The pc still stays on when it doesn't display anything on the screen
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
29-09-2016, 12:50 PM

(29-09-2016, 08:25 AM)xsantos The pc still stays on when it doesn't display anything on the screen

if you've tried the above RAM tests and still no display
then either heat the VGA on the motherboard and the processor using a motherboard reworker
OR better still take the PC to an engineer