Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Camon C9 not booting after rooting attempt
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Camon C9 not booting after rooting attempt

Camon C9 not booting after rooting attempt

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
debielink
debielink
debielink
30-09-2016, 01:03 PM

Good day Admin, I just bought a camon c9 yesterday and after following your tutorial on how to root, i unlocked the bootloader, flashed cwm recovery, and now my phone doesnt boot past tecno logo. I have downloaded the rom available on your site and flashed with miracle box. No success. It shows "done" after like a second when flashed with miracle box, but it doesnt flash anything. I also flashed with SP Flash tool but still no success. SP Flash Tool shows the "downloading DA" red line and completes at 100% but it never continues from there, only shows Brom Error : 0x3 (something like that). I am able to boot into the cwm recovery, but that doest provide any help.

Please help me. This phone is not even 24 hours old yet.
ALBA
ALBA
ALBA
30-09-2016, 08:34 PM
(30-09-2016, 01:03 PM)debielink Good day Admin, I just bought a camon c9 yesterday and after following your tutorial on how to root, i unlocked the bootloader, flashed cwm recovery, and now my phone doesnt boot past tecno logo. I have downloaded the rom available on your site and flashed with miracle box. No success. It shows "done" after like a second when flashed with miracle box, but it doesnt flash anything. I also flashed with SP Flash tool but still no success. SP Flash Tool shows the "downloading DA" red line and completes at 100% but it never continues from there, only shows Brom Error : 0x3 (something like that). I am able to boot into the cwm recovery, but that doest provide any help.

We have different types of tecno c9 so please check the type u have ..... and please send the exact error code u get after flashing with Sp flash tool..

Waiting to hear from you....
debielink
debielink
debielink
30-09-2016, 09:03 PM
Please, how can I check the type I have at this point where the phone is already dead? All I know at this point is that the one I have is the 16gb one and not the 32gb one. Sp shows brom error :?? (0x3)

Sent from my TECNO-C8 using Hovatek mobile
debielink
debielink
debielink
30-09-2016, 09:06 PM
(30-09-2016, 08:34 PM)ALBA
(30-09-2016, 01:03 PM)debielink Good day Admin, I just bought a camon c9 yesterday and after following your tutorial on how to root, i unlocked the bootloader, flashed cwm recovery, and now my phone doesnt boot past tecno logo. I have downloaded the rom available on your site and flashed with miracle box. No success. It shows "done" after like a second when flashed with miracle box, but it doesnt flash anything. I also flashed with SP Flash tool but still no success. SP Flash Tool shows the "downloading DA" red line and completes at 100% but it never continues from there, only shows Brom Error : 0x3 (something like that). I am able to boot into the cwm recovery, but that doest provide any help.

We have different types of tecno c9 so please check the type u have ..... and please send the exact error code u get after flashing with Sp flash tool..

Waiting to hear from you....

Please, how can I check the type I have at this point where the phone is already dead? All I know at this point is that the one I have is the 16gb one and not the 32gb one. Sp shows brom error :?? (0x3)

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
01-10-2016, 12:35 AM

(30-09-2016, 09:06 PM)debielink Please, how can I check the type I have at this point where the phone is already dead? All I know at this point is that the one I have is the 16gb one and not the 32gb one. Sp shows brom error :?? (0x3)

use the miracle box guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13894.html to flash only system.img or system.bin
* attach a screenshot of the SPft error
This post was last modified: 01-10-2016, 12:36 AM by X3non.
debielink
debielink
debielink
01-10-2016, 04:50 AM
(01-10-2016, 12:35 AM)X3non
(30-09-2016, 09:06 PM)debielink Please, how can I check the type I have at this point where the phone is already dead? All I know at this point is that the one I have is the 16gb one and not the 32gb one. Sp shows brom error :?? (0x3)

use the miracle box guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13894.html to flash only system.img or system.bin

When I try to flash system with miracle box, it shows no error. Rather, it gets to writing emmc and says success without writing any other thing. Like I mentioned earlier, all that miracle box does, it does in just one second and it is finished. But the phone remains dead. Please, can you send me correct scatter file for Camon c9? Also, can you help with checksum for the rom? I tried using other programs to flash it but they either say the scatter is wrong or there's no checksum found.

ALBA
ALBA
ALBA
01-10-2016, 09:46 AM
(01-10-2016, 04:50 AM)debielink

When I try to flash system with miracle box, it shows no error. Rather, it gets to writing emmc and says success without writing any other thing. Like I mentioned earlier, all that miracle box does, it does in just one second and it is finished. But the phone remains dead. Please, can you send me correct scatter file for Camon c9? Also, can you help with checksum for the rom? I tried using other programs to flash it but they either say the scatter is wrong or there's no checksum found.

Please try different version of Sp flash tool ... Format before flashing without preloader.bin .....
debielink
debielink
debielink
01-10-2016, 11:11 AM
(01-10-2016, 09:46 AM)ALBA

Please try different version of Sp flash tool ... Format before flashing without preloader.bin .....

Sp flash tool says the scatter file is wrong and it just closes up. Without the scatter, I can't flash. Also, sp requires that the system be an img file, but the one provided here is bin. Does anyone a firmware backup from miracle box?

ALBA
ALBA
ALBA
01-10-2016, 11:51 AM
(01-10-2016, 11:11 AM)debielink
(01-10-2016, 09:46 AM)ALBA

Sp flash tool says the scatter file is wrong and it just closes up. Without the scatter, I can't flash. Also, sp requires that the system be an img file, but the one provided here is bin. Does anyone a firmware backup from miracle box?

Please try different stock rom from different site
phunkypalace
phunkypalace
phunkypalace
Experienced Member
01-10-2016, 03:13 PM

try this rom first, https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B5igkFEY8...t=download. it is quite large bro. 1gig plus.
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next