Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] PLEASE HELP I NEED INFINIX HOT 3 TWRP RECOVERY
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] PLEASE HELP I NEED INFINIX HOT 3 TWRP RECOVERY

[Please help] PLEASE HELP I NEED INFINIX HOT 3 TWRP RECOVERY

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Vicck
Vicck
Vicck
Enthusiastic Member
10-10-2016, 01:51 PM

Device Specs:

Infinix X554 Hot 3 Variant 3 (X554-W90918-A2-L-20160607)
Chipset: MTK6580
OS Version: Android 5.1
Already rooted.

I have tried flashing a TWRP recovery using SP Flash tool, adb, Flashfire apk and Flashify apk but no success yet. I have also tried MTK Droid tools and Easy Magic TWRP Installer but I can't get TWRP to work on my phone. I have noticed though that whenever I flash TWRP and boot/reboot phone into recovery mode, it shows the Infinix logo, vibrates the shuts down and boots into the normal mode but the stock recovery still remains in the phone. Please help I really need TWRP. Here is a screenshot of my device info. Thanks

Edit: I have tried flashing a custom ROM made for the device (with TWRP in it) and got some white, black, red and green lines on booting phone but the device responded well with touch feedback and sound working properly. I tried flashing with stock preloader.bin and lk.bin but it got stuck on bootloop each time. The solution has always been flashing the stock ROM again. I'm not sure if it didn't work because the ROM might have been for a different Hot 3 variant.
This post was last modified: 10-10-2016, 02:06 PM by Vicck.
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot_2016-10-10-15-50-54.png
Size: 80.16 KB / Downloads: 8
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-10-2016, 09:26 AM
(10-10-2016, 01:51 PM)Vicck Device Specs:

Infinix X554 Hot 3 Variant 3 (X554-W90918-A2-L-20160607)
Chipset: MTK6580
OS Version: Android 5.1
Already rooted.

I have tried flashing a TWRP recovery using SP Flash tool, adb, Flashfire apk and Flashify apk but no success yet. I have also tried MTK Droid tools and Easy Magic TWRP Installer but I can't get TWRP to work on my phone. I have noticed though that whenever I flash TWRP and boot/reboot phone into recovery mode, it shows the Infinix logo, vibrates the shuts down and boots into the normal mode but the stock recovery still remains in the phone. Please help I really need TWRP. Here is a screenshot of my device info. Thanks

Edit: I have tried flashing a custom ROM made for the device (with TWRP in it) and got some white, black, red and green lines on booting phone but the device responded well with touch feedback and sound working properly. I tried flashing with stock preloader.bin and lk.bin but it got stuck on bootloop each time. The solution has always been flashing the stock ROM again. I'm not sure if it didn't work because the ROM might have been for a different Hot 3 variant.

1. For the TWRP, where did you get that from?
2. For the custom ROM, there are multiple variants of the Hot 3. Try flashing boot, preloader and lk.bin then do a factory reset

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Vicck
Vicck
Vicck
Enthusiastic Member
11-10-2016, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the reply.

1. I got the TWRP from this site: https://androidhq254.blogspot.com/2016/0...hot-3.html

2. You mean I should flash the stock boot.img, lk.bin and preloader.bin but the other components like the recovery should be from the custom ROM?
Can you guys help port a custom TWRP for me?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-10-2016, 06:50 PM
(11-10-2016, 12:55 PM)Vicck Thanks for the reply.

1. I got the TWRP from this site: https://androidhq254.blogspot.com/2016/0...hot-3.html

2. You mean I should flash the stock boot.img, lk.bin and preloader.bin but the other components like the recovery should be from the custom ROM?
Can you guys help port a custom TWRP for me?

2. boot.img, lk.bin and preloader.bin from stock ; Yes
2b. Is this custom ROM in recovery or SP flash tool format?
This post was last modified: 11-10-2016, 06:51 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Vicck
Vicck
Vicck
Enthusiastic Member
11-10-2016, 08:17 PM

(11-10-2016, 06:50 PM)hovatek 2. boot.img, lk.bin and preloader.bin  from stock ; Yes
2b. Is this custom ROM in recovery or SP flash tool format?

2b. It is in SP Flash Tool format. Here's the contents in the screenshot below.
Attached Files
.png
Untitled3.png
Size: 109.07 KB / Downloads: 6
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-10-2016, 08:59 AM
(11-10-2016, 08:17 PM)Vicck 2b. It is in SP Flash Tool format. Here's the contents in the screenshot below.

Flash back your stock then flash only boot and system from the custom ROM

Note!
Vicck
Vicck
Vicck
Enthusiastic Member
12-10-2016, 04:10 PM
(12-10-2016, 08:59 AM)hovatek Flash back your stock then flash only boot and system from the custom ROM
What about the TWRP recovery. Should I flash it too?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-10-2016, 10:06 AM
(12-10-2016, 04:10 PM)Vicck What about the TWRP recovery. Should I flash it too?

You could flash that also

Note!
Vicck
Vicck
Vicck
Enthusiastic Member
13-10-2016, 03:23 PM
(13-10-2016, 10:06 AM)hovatek You could flash that also

I did everything you suggested. I flashed the stock ROM then flashed boot.img, recovery.img and system.img from custom ROM but still the phone went into a bootloop - starts, shows the Infinix logo then starts again and again and loops forever. I'm out of options. I just need TWRP to work.

Edit: I have actually done the reverse now. I flashed the custom ROM then flashed preloader.bin, lk.bin and boot.img from stock ROM and it worked except it was very unstable with many apps crashing and sd card not detected and I couldn't even boot/reboot into recovery. I'm back to the stock ROM.
This post was last modified: 13-10-2016, 04:45 PM by Vicck.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
14-10-2016, 10:55 AM

(13-10-2016, 03:23 PM)Vicck I did everything you suggested. I flashed the stock ROM then flashed boot.img, recovery.img and system.img from custom ROM but still the phone went into a bootloop - starts, shows the Infinix logo then starts again and again and loops forever. I'm out of options. I just need TWRP to work.

Edit: I have actually done the reverse now. I flashed the custom ROM then flashed preloader.bin, lk.bin and boot.img from stock ROM and it worked except it was very unstable with many apps crashing and sd card not detected and I couldn't even boot/reboot into recovery. I'm back to the stock ROM.

Try flashing only preloader.bin and lk.bin from stock. Leave out boot.img

Note!
Pages (2): 1 2 Next