Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] OLD TECNO P5 NOT BOOTING AFTER FLASHING
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] OLD TECNO P5 NOT BOOTING AFTER FLASHING

[Please help] OLD TECNO P5 NOT BOOTING AFTER FLASHING

kenny5457
kenny5457
kenny5457
Techie Member
17-10-2016, 10:42 AM

My friend tecno P5 is slow even after doing factory reset and also wipe it in recovery, the phone is still slow so he asked me to flash it for him.
So I downloaded Hovatek Stock Backup (MTK) for Tecno P5 (Old) and flash it with sp flash tool which was successful but the phone refuse to boot. when I Plug the Charger And I press the power button, It will only show boot image off again.

So I try this things that I saw online here

Phone still not working after flashing

Solution:
* Ensure there's a formatted SD card in the phone before flashing
* Give up to 5 minutes because first boot takes time
* Boot the phone into recovery mode then wipe data / factory reset
* Remove the battery for 30 seconds then slot back in
* Try a firmware upgrade . use MTK droid tools version 2.3.0 to backup usrdata & cache or copy then from the clockworkmod backup
* Try a firmware / ROM from another source

Except for backup usrdata and cache which I search for it online but with no luck.
Probability of getting a tecno P5 from other people is zero cause most of them are not using tecno products
Please is there any thing I can do?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-10-2016, 06:53 PM
(17-10-2016, 10:42 AM)kenny5457 My friend tecno P5 is slow even after doing factory reset and also wipe it in recovery, the phone is still slow so he asked me to flash it for him.
So I downloaded Hovatek Stock Backup (MTK) for Tecno P5 (Old) and flash it with sp flash tool which was successful but the phone refuse to boot. when I Plug the Charger And I press the power button, It will only show boot image off again.

Solution:
* Try a firmware upgrade . use MTK droid tools version 2.3.0 to backup usrdata & cache or copy then from the clockworkmod backup

Except for backup usrdata and cache which I search for it online but with no luck.
Probability of getting a tecno P5 from other people is zero cause most of them are not using tecno products

Boot into factory mode (volume down + power) and wipe emmc

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
kenny5457
kenny5457
kenny5457
Techie Member
18-10-2016, 06:21 AM
(17-10-2016, 06:53 PM)hovatek
(17-10-2016, 10:42 AM)kenny5457 My friend tecno P5 is slow even after doing factory reset and also wipe it in recovery, the phone is still slow so he asked me to flash it for him.

Solution:

Boot into factory mode (volume down + power) and wipe emmc

The phone refuse to boot but When I Connect the charger to the phone And I try to boot into factory mode, It will boot into factory mode but only for 2 seconds and then off
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-10-2016, 12:12 PM
(18-10-2016, 06:21 AM)kenny5457 The phone refuse to boot but When I Connect the charger to the phone And I try to boot into factory mode, It will boot into factory mode but only for 2 seconds and then off

what battery % does it show when turned off and connected to power?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
kenny5457
kenny5457
kenny5457
Techie Member
19-10-2016, 03:35 PM

(19-10-2016, 12:12 PM)hovatek
(18-10-2016, 06:21 AM)kenny5457 The phone refuse to boot but When I Connect the charger to the phone And I try to boot into factory mode, It will boot into factory mode but only for 2 seconds and then off

what battery % does it show when turned off and connected to power?

It not showing Percentage %, just empty battery with charging cord. It displays for 2sec and then off. It will keep on repeating the same for as long as I plug in the charger
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-10-2016, 04:33 PM
(19-10-2016, 03:35 PM)kenny5457 It not showing Percentage %, just empty battery with charging cord. It displays for 2sec and then off. It will keep on repeating the same for as long as I plug in the charger

Charge the battery for 3 hours using a desktop charger then reinsert and try booting.
let me know what happens

Note!