Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Tool] CUSTOM RECOVERY and TWRP for MIJUE T100
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Tool] CUSTOM RECOVERY and TWRP for MIJUE T100

[Tool] CUSTOM RECOVERY and TWRP for MIJUE T100

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-11-2016, 10:59 AM

(16-11-2016, 10:37 PM)Petmar Tnx God I finaly did it (only and easy) with "Online Nandroid Backup * ROOT". 
I hope that is what You needed and You will be able to make custom recovery and way to install TWRP to be able to resize system partition. You see, my wife would be so happy Cool 
Link is: http://www.filedropper.com/stockrecovery...gmijuet100 
P.S. I uploaded boot and recovery and log files, let them be. 
Now I'm waiting for Your further help. Tnx in advance.

Before we consider manual porting, try these two methods:
https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-455.html
https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-5162.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Petmar
Petmar
Petmar
17-11-2016, 10:12 PM
(17-11-2016, 10:59 AM)hovatek
(16-11-2016, 10:37 PM)Petmar Tnx God I finaly did it (only and easy) with "Online Nandroid Backup * ROOT". 
I hope that is what You needed and You will be able to make custom recovery and way to install TWRP to be able to resize system partition. You see, my wife would be so happy Cool 
Link is: http://www.filedropper.com/stockrecovery...gmijuet100 
P.S. I uploaded boot and recovery and log files, let them be. 
Now I'm waiting for Your further help. Tnx in advance.

Before we consider manual porting, try these two methods:
https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-455.html
https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-5162.html
Hi, after lot of problems with drivers/communication pc-phone, I used great and easy tool "adbwireless" and managed to port TWRP to my T100 (by thread-5162). But after I managed and was very happy to see old good TWRP GUI, I tried to resize the system partition with tool Resize_v23-signed.zip (that one I used to smoothly resize system on my MIJUE T200). Soon I was disappointed. Installation Resize_v23-signed.zip under TWRP successfully passed, but I was not allowed to increase the partition because I got a message that I have a little space (actually the same as when the phone is on) . For other, bigger part of memory up to 16GB of ROM, it says that is not partitioned and can not really access it. I suspect that the main problem is that my bootloader is not unlocked (it has the option to be unlocked, I checked it), so I do not have rights to manage all of the memory space of 16GB. Then I disappointed made factory reset phone and thus somewhat freed space. I wonder is there a way to somehow (as simply as possible) resize partition, let say 8GB? Is there a good tool to do it through TWRP? As I recall, I managed to make T200 resize in the way that I first installed TWRP custom recovery.img, and with Resize_v23-signed.zip without problems make the system partition of approximately 6GB. It was enough space for my apps. 
Please for further assistance. Thank you in advance.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-11-2016, 09:27 AM
(17-11-2016, 10:12 PM)Petmar Hi, after lot of problems with drivers/communication pc-phone, I used great and easy tool "adbwireless" and managed to port TWRP to my T100 (by thread-5162). But after I managed and was very happy to see old good TWRP GUI, I tried to resize the system partition with tool Resize_v23-signed.zip (that one I used to smoothly resize system on my MIJUE T200). Soon I was disappointed. Installation Resize_v23-signed.zip under TWRP successfully passed, but I was not allowed to increase the partition because I got a message that I have a little space (actually the same as when the phone is on) . For other, bigger part of memory up to 16GB of ROM, it says that is not partitioned and can not really access it. I suspect that the main problem is that my bootloader is not unlocked (it has the option to be unlocked, I checked it), so I do not have rights to manage all of the memory space of 16GB. Then I disappointed made factory reset phone and thus somewhat freed space. I wonder is there a way to somehow (as simply as possible) resize partition, let say 8GB? Is there a good tool to do it through TWRP? As I recall, I managed to make T200 resize in the way that I first installed TWRP custom recovery.img, and with Resize_v23-signed.zip without problems make the system partition of approximately 6GB. It was enough space for my apps. 

is what you're trying to achieve similar to the EBR Tweak https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-718.html ?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Petmar
Petmar
Petmar
19-11-2016, 12:58 PM
(18-11-2016, 09:27 AM)hovatek
(17-11-2016, 10:12 PM)Petmar Hi, after lot of problems with drivers/communication pc-phone, I used great and easy tool "adbwireless" and managed to port TWRP to my T100 (by thread-5162). But after I managed and was very happy to see old good TWRP GUI, I tried to resize the system partition with tool Resize_v23-signed.zip (that one I used to smoothly resize system on my MIJUE T200). Soon I was disappointed. Installation Resize_v23-signed.zip under TWRP successfully passed, but I was not allowed to increase the partition because I got a message that I have a little space (actually the same as when the phone is on) . For other, bigger part of memory up to 16GB of ROM, it says that is not partitioned and can not really access it. I suspect that the main problem is that my bootloader is not unlocked (it has the option to be unlocked, I checked it), so I do not have rights to manage all of the memory space of 16GB. Then I disappointed made factory reset phone and thus somewhat freed space. I wonder is there a way to somehow (as simply as possible) resize partition, let say 8GB? Is there a good tool to do it through TWRP? As I recall, I managed to make T200 resize in the way that I first installed TWRP custom recovery.img, and with Resize_v23-signed.zip without problems make the system partition of approximately 6GB. It was enough space for my apps. 

is what you're trying to achieve similar to the EBR Tweak  https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-718.html  ?

Hi, yes EBRtweak partition is what I really need and that I carefully made according all Your instructions. 
BUT ... To be honest at first I tried to modify the EBR files from folder "!Files_to_FlashTool" on size 6GB. I know, You recommended max 4GB for possible problems, so problems appeared as a message that SDcard (part of internal memory isn't available and that it needs to be formatted). I saw that I did a stupid thing and through TWRP I made WIPE everything and factory reset and tried again flash, but this time with a modified EBRs to 4GB. The same problem with SDcard appeared. Finally, I repeated the whole flash process with Mtk_Droid_Tool_v2.5.3 and SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1640_Win (which I used in all attempt to flash) with the original EBR and scatter file (which I made before all procedures in way of bkp) and now phone could see SDcard, all is OK, but I'm on the beginning (alocated space for the system partition is again the original 2GB) because the only thing I got was a little more space on the system partition because I have all the applications and settings worked again because of factory reset. Please note that I am very clear with process of using EBRtweak, Mtk_Droid_Tool and SP_Flash_Tool and didn't have any problems with them. 
I read that the other members also had trouble identifying the SDcard and I tried all of they recommended, but the only way that the phone is working properly is that I went back system on 2GB. 
I have a question that may be hiding solution. In Your instructions it says "Make sure only two sections with EBR1 and EBR2 are selected" and worked so. Reading about flash with spflashtool I came across a comment that would be good to flash with two EBRs but Android, in fact the system, should be checked too. I did not do that, but what else to do to FINALY resize system partition on say 4GB. Admit it, I do not ask for much, ha ha. I send You my original bkps of EBRs and scatter file. Maybe it will help You to help me, and maybe some of the members. Again I ask for an idea and I thank in advance. 
P.S. Last night I was working on the phone until 4:30 AM, so you know how much I'm interested in, and how much I love my wife.Best regards...
Attached Files
.zip
ORIG_EBRs_and_MT6592_Android_scatter.zip
Size: 1.9 KB / Downloads: 5
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-11-2016, 03:59 PM

(19-11-2016, 12:58 PM)Petmar ....
P.S. Last night I was working on the phone until 4:30 AM, so you know how much I'm interested in, and how much I love my wife.Best regards...

After you flash the modified EBR files, you boot into factory mode (volume down + power) and wipe EMMC .
That often fixes the storage error

Note!
Petmar
Petmar
Petmar
21-11-2016, 09:58 AM
(19-11-2016, 03:59 PM)hovatek
(19-11-2016, 12:58 PM)Petmar ....

After you flash the modified EBR files, you boot into factory mode (volume down + power) and wipe EMMC .
That often fixes the storage error
Hi, first of all thanks for the assistance that You provide again. 
This option to wipe EMMC I did not try, nor knew that it could help. But I have a few questions before I do that, to clear things up to myself:
1. If I understand correctly, after using the MTK Droid Tool, EBRtweak and SP Flash Tool, BEFORE powering up the system, I should make wipe EMMC through factory mode and AFTER wipe I should power up regulary/system phone. Am I right?
2. Will the wipe EMMC delete all data and apps on internal/system memory (because I'm already tired of reinstalling phone)?
3. Do You think that is enough to choose the flash only two modified EBRs with scatter file (SP Flash Tool)?
4. Do You think it's best to modify EBRs to 4GB as you recommend, or I could immediately try 6GB (it would be more appropriate because of the need for space on the internal memory, but this is not necessary if You feel that there might be a problem with modification to 6GB)?
Once again, tnx for all answers and hope You will answer soon, to start approaching the final solution to increase system partition that phone could finaly breathe.
Best regards ...
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-11-2016, 07:28 PM
(21-11-2016, 09:58 AM)Petmar Hi, first of all thanks for the assistance that You provide again. 
This option to wipe EMMC I did not try, nor knew that it could help. But I have a few questions before I do that, to clear things up to myself:
1. If I understand correctly, after using the MTK Droid Tool, EBRtweak and SP Flash Tool, BEFORE powering up the system, I should make wipe EMMC through factory mode and AFTER wipe I should power up regulary/system phone. Am I right?
2. Will the wipe EMMC delete all data and apps on internal/system memory (because I'm already tired of reinstalling phone)?
3. Do You think that is enough to choose the flash only two modified EBRs with scatter file (SP Flash Tool)?
4. Do You think it's best to modify EBRs to 4GB as you recommend, or I could immediately try 6GB (it would be more appropriate because of the need for space on the internal memory, but this is not necessary if You feel that there might be a problem with modification to 6GB)?
Once again, tnx for all answers and hope You will answer soon, to start approaching the final solution to increase system partition that phone could finaly breathe.
Best regards ...

1. Yes
2. Yes, it'll wipe the device
3. Yes, using download only
4. From my experience, going above 4GB is a bit unstable.

Note!
Petmar
Petmar
Petmar
22-11-2016, 11:55 AM
(21-11-2016, 07:28 PM)hovatek
(21-11-2016, 09:58 AM)Petmar Hi, first of all thanks for the assistance that You provide again. 
Best regards ...

1. Yes
OK, tnx. I understand. 
So I'll finaly make 4GB MBRs and certanly use only "download" option with SP Flash. 
Please give me some days to make whole thing, so I'll write a note about results. 
Hope it will be all OK, so maybe I'll be able to help someone like You did to me.
Tnx again and "hear" You soon.
Best regards... Wink
Petmar
Petmar
Petmar
22-11-2016, 10:41 PM
(22-11-2016, 11:55 AM)Petmar
(21-11-2016, 07:28 PM)hovatek
Best regards ...

1. Yes
OK, tnx. I understand. 
So I'll finaly make 4GB MBRs and certanly use only "download" option with SP Flash. 
Please give me some days to make whole thing, so I'll write a note about results. 
Hope it will be all OK, so maybe I'll be able to help someone like You did to me.
Tnx again and "hear" You soon.
Best regards... Wink
Hi, sorry to tell but failure again! I'm driving crazy already. So, I made new job with MTK Droid Tool, EBRtweak (on 4GB) and SP Flash Tool. After wipe EMMC in factory mode I powered phone. All seems OK. System was 4GB, phone storage cca 10GB and EXT SDcard 16GB(free).I installed all apps and after reboot I got message "DAMAGED PHONE STORAGE, try to format....". In properties I could only see system with all apps working and EXTSDcard, but checked option install path for apps only SD card, NO phone storage option above SD card. Weird thing is all apps are working but if I make restart it gives me strange warnings about no able to start (something like)startup3, and some others popups in little black windows that I could not close(pops up constantly).Only thing I could do is restart and then all works fine, but I have to format "SDcard" (it says) to see phone storage in storage options. THE MOST WEIRD thing (for me) is that I'm able every time to format "SDcard", and after that,without reboot, I immediately got phone storage option in properties/storage. I read a lot about it and most people thought that they had problem with EXT SDcard. So, I checked, formated by PC and phone mine EXT SDcard, but it is OK. I also tried to boot phone without EXT SDcard, same problem. I think (while I could even think) it is problem directly related with phone storage partition. In fact I don't know what to suspect following. I think something is not fit together, system with modified EBRs....I don't know. 
Please help me to check (if You have enough time and will) my EBRs and scatter in attachment. 
First is today's bkp made with MTK Droid Tool, second is from "!Files_to_FlashTool", and third is modified with EBRtweak.
Strange thing (for me) is that only EBR2 from MTK Droid Tool is 512kb, all other are 1kb. Don't know is it ok...
Please check them or maybe modify them for me if You can, or give me some other advice...
I'm so sad and tired, believe me.
 And not to forget, tnx again for all Your help to me.
Best regards...
Attached Files
.zip
1.MIJUE-T100_141203_backup_161122-162708.zip
Size: 2.33 KB / Downloads: 3
.zip
2.!Files_to_FlashTool.zip
Size: 1.66 KB / Downloads: 3
.zip
3.EBRtweak.zip
Size: 1.57 KB / Downloads: 2
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-11-2016, 12:25 PM

(22-11-2016, 10:41 PM)Petmar Hi, sorry to tell but failure again! I'm driving crazy already. So, I made new job with MTK Droid Tool, EBRtweak (on 4GB) and SP Flash Tool. After wipe EMMC in factory mode I powered phone. All seems OK. System was 4GB, phone storage cca 10GB and EXT SDcard 16GB(free).I installed all apps and after reboot I got message "DAMAGED PHONE STORAGE, try to format....". In properties I could only see system with all apps working and EXTSDcard, but checked option install path for apps only SD card, NO phone storage option above SD card. Weird thing is all apps are working but if I make restart it gives me strange warnings about no able to start (something like)startup3, and some others popups in little black windows that I could not close(pops up constantly).Only thing I could do is restart and then all works fine, but I have to format "SDcard" (it says) to see phone storage in storage options. THE MOST WEIRD thing (for me) is that I'm able every time to format "SDcard", and after that,without reboot, I immediately got phone storage option in properties/storage. I read a lot about it and most people thought that they had problem with EXT SDcard. So, I checked, formated by PC and phone mine EXT SDcard, but it is OK. I also tried to boot phone without EXT SDcard, same problem. I think (while I could even think) it is problem directly related with phone storage partition. In fact I don't know what to suspect following. I think something is not fit together, system with modified EBRs....I don't know. 
Please help me to check (if You have enough time and will) my EBRs and scatter in attachment. 
First is today's bkp made with MTK Droid Tool, second is from "!Files_to_FlashTool", and third is modified with EBRtweak.
Strange thing (for me) is that only EBR2 from MTK Droid Tool is 512kb, all other are 1kb. Don't know is it ok...
Please check them or maybe modify them for me if You can, or give me some other advice...
I'm so sad and tired, believe me.
 And not to forget, tnx again for all Your help to me.
Best regards...

Which of the EBR files did you modify, the direct backup of !files to flash.
The !files to flash is what I would use because the sizes are uniform.
If you're still getting the storage error then you'll need diffent ebr files.
Can you find the firmware online?

Note!
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next