Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android INFINIX X551 BRICKED DURING FIRMWARE UPGRADE
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

INFINIX X551 BRICKED DURING FIRMWARE UPGRADE

INFINIX X551 BRICKED DURING FIRMWARE UPGRADE

Pages (8): 1 2 3 4 58 Next
nivlek
nivlek
nivlek
01-12-2016, 02:09 PM

Good afternoon.
Please i have an issue with a bricked Infinix X551.
I was trying to flash the phone 2days ago from kitkat to lollipop using the 'Firmware Upgrade' option on SPL flashtool but the process was interrupted at 25% and I got a pop-up of 'Enable debug & app will be able to load more material'...or something like that. Since then, the phone has been stuck on the Infinix logo when I power it on. I tried booting into recovery but it shows up the android robot lying down with a red triangle on it and doesnt go past there or show recovery options. The phone is not detected by my system when i plug it in, it only shows the battery with that gold lightning sign but does not actually charge and same happens when i plug in with the charger. Please i need some assistance on what to do to resolve this. Thanks
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
01-12-2016, 04:35 PM
(01-12-2016, 02:09 PM)nivlek Good afternoon.
Please i have an issue with a bricked Infinix X551.
I was trying to flash the phone 2days ago from kitkat to lollipop using the 'Firmware Upgrade' option on SPL flashtool but the process was interrupted at 25% and I got a pop-up of 'Enable debug & app will be able to load more material'...or something like that. Since then, the phone has been stuck on the Infinix logo when I power it on. I tried booting into recovery but it shows up the android robot lying down with a red triangle on it and doesnt go past there or show recovery options. The phone is not detected by my system when i plug it in, it only shows the battery with that gold lightning sign but does not actually charge and same happens when i plug in with the charger. Please i need some assistance on what to do to resolve this. Thanks

Whats the RAM and ROM of the phone? and have you tried reflashing to Kitkat firmware @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-533.html
If it shows USB Not recognized then consider the options @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html
to remove the battery, see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-7338.html
This post was last modified: 01-12-2016, 04:44 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
nivlek
nivlek
nivlek
01-12-2016, 05:31 PM
No, i havent tried flashing with a Kitkat ROM. The phone was infected before and malfunctioning, so I was adviced to flash it. Its the 1gb16gb Hot Note. Its not just reflecting on the system at all. It doesn't show 'USB not recognised' or anything at all. It just goes straight to the charging signal i described but doesnt charge
nivlek
nivlek
nivlek
01-12-2016, 05:32 PM
No, i havent tried flashing with a Kitkat ROM. The phone was infected before and malfunctioning, so I was adviced to flash it. Its the 1gb16gb Hot Note. Its not just reflecting on the system at all. It doesn't show 'USB not recognised' or anything at all. It just goes straight to the charging signal i described but doesnt charge
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
01-12-2016, 08:51 PM

(01-12-2016, 05:31 PM)nivlek No, i havent tried flashing with a Kitkat ROM. The phone was infected before and malfunctioning, so I was adviced to flash it. Its the 1gb16gb Hot Note. Its not just reflecting on the system at all. It doesn't show 'USB not recognised' or anything at all. It just goes straight to the charging signal i described but doesnt charge

OK. 
using the guide in my previous reply, take out and reinsert the batttey.
If you can't take out the battery, download and try flashing the 1+16 firmware @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-6879.html
If you still only see a charging sign,launch device manager > power off the phone and connect to PC > let me know if device manager refreshes or the PC makes a sound
This post was last modified: 01-12-2016, 08:52 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
nivlek
nivlek
nivlek
05-12-2016, 01:35 PM
(01-12-2016, 08:51 PM)hovatek OK. 
If you can't take out the battery, download and try flashing the 1+16 firmware @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-6879.html
If you still only see a charging sign,launch device manager > power off the phone and connect to PC > let me know if device manager refreshes or the PC makes a sound

Thanks. I've been able to revive the phone now. I removed the battery like the link said but it wasn't much different as the phone didn't charge, it just remained at the charge signal still but after a while I connected it to the computer and it made that sound like the phone was detected though it didn't reflect in SP flashtool still. But I decided to take a leap of faith and go on with the normal Flashing procedures and when I connected the phone after hitting 'Download', after a few seconds the process started and went on to complete. I'm currently posting with the phone now.
Thank you so much Hovatek for the assistance! You guys are really doing an excellent job here.
nivlek
nivlek
nivlek
05-12-2016, 01:47 PM
(01-12-2016, 08:51 PM)hovatek OK. 

I would like to find out though if there's any way one can detect if a phone is running on a Stock ROM or a Custom ROM? I know the file link I searched and ndownloaded said Stock ROM but something I saw in the 'About phone' section of Settings is making me doubt it being a Stock ROM and I can't remember where exactly I downloaded the file from. I know I was searching on a lot of different sites that day and was the first time I came across Hovatek but can't tell if it was here I downloaded or some other, so please is there any way I can be sure I'm running on a stock ROM??
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
05-12-2016, 03:08 PM
(05-12-2016, 01:47 PM)nivlek I would like to find out though if there's any way one can detect if a phone is running on a Stock ROM or a Custom ROM? I know the file link I searched and ndownloaded said Stock ROM but something I saw in the 'About phone' section of Settings is making me doubt it being a Stock ROM and I can't remember where exactly I downloaded the file from. I know I was searching on a lot of different sites that day and was the first time I came across Hovatek but can't tell if it was here I downloaded or some other, so please is there any way I can be sure I'm running on a stock ROM??

It depends on the type of stock or custom ROM flashed.
Check the Build Number, that gives you an idea

Note!
nivlek
nivlek
nivlek
06-12-2016, 09:37 PM
(05-12-2016, 03:08 PM)hovatek It depends on the type of stock or custom ROM flashed.
Check the Build Number, that gives you an idea

The build number is X551-G808-A1-L-20160722
But the kernel version has something like:
"3.10.72+
work@rlk-buildsrv17 #1
Friday July 22 14:48:09 CST 2016"

Is that normal for Android 5.1?
I thought it was weird.
Plus there's an Android 6. already out but when I tried to check for new system update, the feedback I got was "Your system IN the latest version". Would a stock ROM really have such bad English?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-12-2016, 06:16 PM

(06-12-2016, 09:37 PM)nivlek The build number is X551-G808-A1-L-20160722
But the kernel version has something like:
"3.10.72+
work@rlk-buildsrv17 #1
Friday July 22 14:48:09 CST 2016"

Is that normal for Android 5.1?
I thought it was weird.
Plus there's an Android 6. already out but when I tried to check for new system update, the feedback I got was "Your system IN the latest version". Would a stock ROM really have such bad English?

The Build Number looks like its an XUI custom ROM

Note!
Pages (8): 1 2 3 4 58 Next