Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] My Tecno W3 Issues with Android Tools
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] My Tecno W3 Issues with Android Tools

[Please help] My Tecno W3 Issues with Android Tools

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
mjamal
mjamal
mjamal
09-12-2016, 02:02 AM

My phone: Tecno W3 (MT6580) w\ Android 6
PC's OS: Windows 7 Ultimate w\ SP1 (64-bit)
Drivers installed: Phone, ADB and All of MTK USB VCOM Drivers (Preloader, DA, .....)
Android tools my phone've issues w\: MTK Droid Tools [latest & others], SP Flash Tool [latest & others] & Miracle Box 2.27a w\ Loader [All of the setup processes done by following Hovatek Tutorials exactly]

1st) Issues with MTK Droid Tools: My Phone rooted or not always got this messange {
--- ERROR : --- TotalBytesPerChunk Not Found. Set default Page/Spare=2048/64 !!!
--- Unknown ROM structure, backup NOT possible!
} I followed the solutions of Hovatek's Issues Meanings and Solutions page of MTK Droid Tools and no way I can take my phone's scatter file format.

2nd) So I tried the scatters I've in reading back using SP Flash Tool I've 2 scatter files 1 from Hovatek's TWRP ported for Tecno W3 and the other from backup I downloaded of similar build number of my country (Egypt) and I flash it including the Preloader bin file without facing any problem so I followed Hovatek's dumping my ROM partition by partition I've no problem with readingback but when loading scatter file for download the preloader bin file can't be loaded and I got this message {
Please check the load image file is correct or not?
} the preloader size in the two scatters I've is the same 0x40000 after converting it 4 MBytes whenever I replaced it with other one which much smaller just 117 KBytes it works great!

NOTE 1: The backup I've was taken by Chinese Miracle II Dongle by Infinity Team I've no problems downloading it with SP Flash Tool sure without loading NVRAM or formatting my phone.

NOTE 2: I revised the two scatters and they are the same except the part of "flashinfo" both address and size are different.

3rd) Miracle Box 2.27a + loader doesn't want to catch my phone's USB Port with all solutions I tried always got {
non usbport was detected make sure that the drivers are installed.
} something like that!

Finally, Thanks for your efforts HOVATEK Team and Sorry, If I wrote too much.
This post was last modified: 09-12-2016, 02:14 AM by mjamal.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
09-12-2016, 01:53 PM
(09-12-2016, 02:02 AM)mjamal My phone: Tecno W3 (MT6580) w\ Android 6
Drivers installed: Phone, ADB and All of MTK USB VCOM Drivers (Preloader, DA, .....)
Android tools my phone've issues w\: MTK Droid Tools [latest & others], SP Flash Tool [latest & others] & Miracle Box 2.27a w\ Loader [All of the setup processes done by following Hovatek Tutorials exactly]

1st) Issues with MTK Droid Tools: My Phone rooted or not always got this messange {
--- ERROR  :  --- TotalBytesPerChunk Not Found. Set default Page/Spare=2048/64 !!!
} I followed the solutions of Hovatek's Issues Meanings and Solutions page of MTK Droid Tools and no way I can take my phone's scatter file format.

2nd) So I tried the scatters I've in reading back using SP Flash Tool I've 2 scatter files 1 from Hovatek's TWRP ported for Tecno W3 and the other from backup I downloaded of similar build number of my country (Egypt) and I flash it including the Preloader bin file without facing any problem so I followed Hovatek's dumping my ROM partition by partition I've no problem with readingback but when loading scatter file for download the preloader bin file can't be loaded and I got this message {
} the preloader size in the two scatters I've is the same 0x40000 after converting it 4 MBytes whenever I replaced it with other one which much smaller just 117 KBytes it works great!

NOTE 1: The backup I've was taken by Chinese Miracle II Dongle by Infinity Team I've no problems downloading it with SP Flash Tool sure without loading NVRAM or formatting my phone.

NOTE 2: I revised the two scatters and they are the same except the part of "flashinfo" both address and size are different.

3rd) Miracle Box 2.27a + loader doesn't want to catch my phone's USB Port with all solutions I tried always got {
} something like that!

1. Forget MTK Droid tools,it won't work.
2. During SP flash tool readback, what were the values for start and lenght you entered?
3. Attach both scatter files
This post was last modified: 09-12-2016, 01:54 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
mjamal
mjamal
mjamal
09-12-2016, 11:35 PM
1st) After googling for (MTK Droid Tools 2.5.3) I knew that (MT6580) is not supported! Bad Luck!

2nd) In SP Flash Tool I used Start Address (0x0) and Partition Size (0x400000) I think in bin format I can't backup full partition as 4 MBytes for the Preloader bin file.

3rd) I backed up the two scatters the one by Chinese Miracle II Dongle with file name (ChineseMiracle2-MT6580_Android_scatter.txt) and the other from Hovatek's TWRP ported for Tecno W3 with file name (HovatekTwrp4TecnoW3-MT6580_Android_scatter.txt) the only difference is in the part of "flashinfo" started at line: 349 in Start Address and Partition Size.
This post was last modified: 09-12-2016, 11:42 PM by mjamal.
Attached Files
.zip
mjamal-tecnoW3-scatterFiles.zip
Size: 2.61 KB / Downloads: 86
mjamal
mjamal
mjamal
09-12-2016, 11:38 PM
(09-12-2016, 01:53 PM)hovatek

--- ERROR  :  --- TotalBytesPerChunk Not Found. Set default Page/Spare=2048/64 !!!

} something like that!

2. During SP flash tool readback, what were the values for start and lenght you entered?

https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-162...l#pid94370
mjamal
mjamal
mjamal
09-12-2016, 11:41 PM

(09-12-2016, 01:53 PM)hovatek

} something like that!

*My reply in post #3 I attached the files to it...
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
10-12-2016, 10:14 PM
(09-12-2016, 11:41 PM)mjamal *My reply in post #3 I attached the files to it...

Both scatter files seem OK.
Miracle Box 2.27a + Loader ought to work with your W3, I've personally confirmed that .
Just to be clear, what are you trying to achieve?
This post was last modified: 10-12-2016, 10:17 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
mjamal
mjamal
mjamal
10-12-2016, 11:06 PM
(10-12-2016, 10:14 PM)hovatek
(09-12-2016, 11:41 PM)mjamal *My reply in post #3 I attached the files to it...

Both scatter files seem OK.
Miracle Box 2.27a + Loader ought to work with your W3, I've personally confirmed that .
Just to be clear, what are you trying to achieve?

I want to read my phone's current updated firmware for future use and offcource the NVRAM.

Miracle doesn't catch my phone's USB port always searching for USB port!!!
This post was last modified: 10-12-2016, 11:13 PM by mjamal.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-12-2016, 12:49 PM
(10-12-2016, 11:06 PM)mjamal I want to read my phone's current updated firmware for future use and offcource the NVRAM.

What If I ported TWRP for you to do the backup pending when we're able to get Miracle box to work?
Also, have you tried using the box (not crack)?

Note!
mjamal
mjamal
mjamal
11-12-2016, 01:28 PM
(11-12-2016, 12:49 PM)hovatek
(10-12-2016, 11:06 PM)mjamal I want to read my phone's current updated firmware for future use and offcource the NVRAM.

What If I ported TWRP for you to do the backup pending when we're able to get Miracle box to work?
Also, have you tried using the box (not crack)?

I already have a backup done by TWRP ported for Tecno W3. In the present time the box isn't an option for me.
I can't use this backup format from TWRP with SP Flash Scatter format?!
This post was last modified: 11-12-2016, 03:40 PM by mjamal.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-12-2016, 06:36 PM

(11-12-2016, 01:28 PM)mjamal I already have a backup done by TWRP ported for Tecno W3. In the present time the box isn't an option for me.
I can't use this backup format from TWRP with SP Flash Scatter format?!

Ok.
Lets run a quick test.
using the scatter file from the TWRP, try readback only recovery.img
Let me know the file size

Note!
Pages (2): 1 2 Next