Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] After Flashing my Infinix X506 16g phone, the internal memory no longer shows 16gb
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] After Flashing my Infinix X506 16g phone, the internal memory no longer shows 16gb

[Please help] After Flashing my Infinix X506 16g phone, the internal memory no longer shows 16gb

maryjay
maryjay
maryjay
17-12-2016, 02:35 PM

Good afternoon!

Please i would kindly request the help of Novatek.

Had issues previousy with my phone but i have fixed it by following instructions here on hovatek.

However, i noticed that as soon as the phone came up, it started harassing me with memory low notifications - so i had to check through the file manager only to realize that the total space is just 5.98mb instead of the 16gb.

Please i need this rectified soonest as i would need to start using the phone ASAP.

Thanks in anticipation of your kind response.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-12-2016, 06:29 PM
(17-12-2016, 02:35 PM)maryjay Good afternoon!

Had issues previousy with my phone but i have fixed it by following instructions here on hovatek.
However, i noticed that as soon as the phone came up, it started harassing me with memory low notifications - so i had to check through the file manager only to realize that the total space is just 5.98mb instead of the 16gb.

Please i need this rectified soonest as i would need to start using the phone ASAP.

1. Whats your build number under Settings > About
2. Whats the current Android versíon
3. Do you have the firmware
4. Have you tried flashing these 16GB ebr files @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/attachment.php?aid=883
This post was last modified: 17-12-2016, 06:32 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
maryjay
maryjay
maryjay
17-12-2016, 10:55 PM
(17-12-2016, 06:29 PM)hovatek
(17-12-2016, 02:35 PM)maryjay Good afternoon!

1. Whats your build number under Settings > About
2. Whats the current Android versíon
3. Do you have the firmware
4. Have you tried flashing these 16GB ebr files @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/attachment.php?aid=883

I can't even access these infos again because i turned the phone off so i could reboot but when it came on, it just showed the infinix logo for so long without getting past that stage until i have to restart it again which gives same issue.

But when i did boot into recovery mode i was able to get the 'ABOUT' i.e. 

X506-J608-16G-020140910
Android version is 4.4
I don't have the original firmware, i got the one i used earlier from your site
i tried flashing with the 16GB ebr files after booting into recovery mode but no way forward
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-12-2016, 05:24 PM
(17-12-2016, 10:55 PM)maryjay I can't even access these infos again because i turned the phone off so i could reboot but when it came on, it just showed the infinix logo for so long without getting past that stage until i have to restart it again which gives same issue.

X506-J608-16G-020140910
Android version is 4.4
i tried flashing with the 16GB ebr files after booting into recovery mode but no way forward

I presume you still have the firmware.
You're to flash the EBR files using SP flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html , not in recovery mode
This post was last modified: 18-12-2016, 05:29 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
maryjay
maryjay
maryjay
22-12-2016, 09:42 PM

(18-12-2016, 05:24 PM)hovatek
(17-12-2016, 10:55 PM)maryjay I can't even access these infos again because i turned the phone off so i could reboot but when it came on, it just showed the infinix logo for so long without getting past that stage until i have to restart it again which gives same issue.

X506-J608-16G-020140910
Android version is 4.4

I presume you still have the firmware.
You're to flash the EBR files using SP flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html , not in recovery mode

Thank you for your feedback. I have been away on duty.

I was getting a little upset about the whole thing so i decided to flash it all over again. Now phone is up and running but the storage space issues still persist. 

I have attached some screenshots so that you could see for yourself. I know i would have to buy memory card but there's 13gb unused that i can actually use but can't use.
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot_2016-12-22-21-37-45.png
Size: 103.93 KB / Downloads: 1
.png
Screenshot_2016-12-22-21-37-59.png
Size: 99.14 KB / Downloads: 1
.png
Screenshot_2016-12-22-21-38-14.png
Size: 109.49 KB / Downloads: 1
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-12-2016, 01:25 PM
(22-12-2016, 09:42 PM)maryjay Thank you for your feedback. I have been away on duty.

I was getting a little upset about the whole thing so i decided to flash it all over again. Now phone is up and running but the storage space issues still persist. 

I have attached some screenshots so that you could see for yourself. I know i would have to buy memory card but there's 13gb unused that i can actually use but can't use.

you need to flash the 16GB EBR files in the link I gave you.
If you don't wan't to do that then you can root and use Link2SD to move apps to SD card

Note!