Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Tecno Phantom 6 plus Unable to Load Images
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Tecno Phantom 6 plus Unable to Load Images

[Please help] Tecno Phantom 6 plus Unable to Load Images

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
babadubu
babadubu
babadubu
Enthusiastic Member
09-01-2017, 06:39 PM

My rooted Tecno Phantom 6 plus is unable to load images (to edit or for example to send on WhatsApp). The images exist on the storage and i can open them from a PC and copy them to a PC without issue. If i try and edit a photo (to crop for example) i get an error message "image loading failed"  when i try and send any image via WhatsApp it just loops forever never getting sent. Strangely enough ifi create a Word document on the phone and insert the image it is inserted successfully.
I must mention that this had happened once before when the phone was relatively new, i did a factory reset and everything became fine. However i have so been using the phone for two months now and would like to avoid a reset if possible
shigege
shigege
shigege
09-01-2017, 10:09 PM
(09-01-2017, 06:39 PM)babadubu My rooted Tecno Phantom 6 plus is unable to load images (to edit or for example to send on WhatsApp). The images exist on the storage and i can open them from a PC and copy them to a PC without issue. If i try and edit a photo (to crop for example) i get an error message "image loading failed"  when i try and send any image via WhatsApp it just loops forever never getting sent. Strangely enough ifi create a Word document on the phone and insert the image it is inserted successfully.
I must mention that this had happened once before when the phone was relatively new, i did a factory reset and everything became fine. However i have so been using the phone for two months now and would like to avoid a reset if possible

I had the same problem on Marshmallow. I simply removed battery and sd card then booted up without SD card. Then I reinserted SD card. Its a permission issue with file manager
babadubu
babadubu
babadubu
Enthusiastic Member
10-01-2017, 10:37 AM
(09-01-2017, 10:09 PM)shigege
(09-01-2017, 06:39 PM)babadubu My rooted Tecno Phantom 6 plus is unable to load images (to edit or for example to send on WhatsApp). The images exist on the storage and i can open them from a PC and copy them to a PC without issue. If i try and edit a photo (to crop for example) i get an error message "image loading failed"  when i try and send any image via WhatsApp it just loops forever never getting sent. Strangely enough ifi create a Word document on the phone and insert the image it is inserted successfully.

I had the same problem on Marshmallow. I simply removed battery and sd card then booted up without SD card. Then I reinserted SD card. Its a permission issue with file manager
Great to hear you were able to solve it. Unfortunately my phone has no removable battery and i currently do not have an external SD card mounted at all. Is there a way to solve it without a factory restore?
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
10-01-2017, 11:21 AM
(10-01-2017, 10:37 AM)babadubu Great to hear you were able to solve it. Unfortunately my phone has no removable battery and i currently do not have an external SD card mounted at all. Is there a way to solve it without a factory restore?

Yes, its a storage permission issue.
Go to Settings > App > File manager . Ensure all permissions are checked. Same as whatsapp
babadubu
babadubu
babadubu
Enthusiastic Member
10-01-2017, 02:27 PM

(10-01-2017, 11:21 AM)maxpayne
(10-01-2017, 10:37 AM)babadubu Great to hear you were able to solve it. Unfortunately my phone has no removable battery and i currently do not have an external SD card mounted at all. Is there a way to solve it without a factory restore?

Yes, its a storage permission issue.
Go to Settings > App > File manager . Ensure all permissions are checked. Same as whatsapp

All permissions are as they should be. Anything else I could try?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
10-01-2017, 10:31 PM
(10-01-2017, 02:27 PM)babadubu All permissions are as they should be. Anything else I could try?

I was experiencing the same on my Hot 2 (Marshmallow) and its fixed now.
Run these quick tests.
1. Open any whatsapp chat then tap the camera icon . Take a picture then send it to the person
2. Open an image using UC browser then click the share icon and send to Whatsapp
3. Try sending an image from an external SD card
Lets me know the outcomes of the 3 tests
This post was last modified: 10-01-2017, 10:37 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
babadubu
babadubu
babadubu
Enthusiastic Member
11-01-2017, 06:10 AM
(10-01-2017, 10:31 PM)hovatek
(10-01-2017, 02:27 PM)babadubu All permissions are as they should be. Anything else I could try?

I was experiencing the same on my Hot 2 (Marshmallow) and its fixed now.
Run these quick tests.
1. Open any whatsapp chat then tap the camera icon . Take a picture then send it to the person
2. Open an image using UC browser then click the share icon and send to Whatsapp
3. Try sending an image from an external SD card
Lets me know the outcomes of the 3 tests

1. Taking a picture from WhatsApp Works (the image is sent and delivered)
2. Opening an image from the browser and sharing works
3. I don't have an external SD card at the moment (it is a hybrid slot currently occupied by second SIM) if necessary i could run this test when i get home later today. I note that strangely trying to attach the very same picture taken in step 1 it cannot do so.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
11-01-2017, 11:33 AM
(11-01-2017, 06:10 AM)babadubu 1. Taking a picture from WhatsApp Works (the image is sent and delivered)
3. I don't have an external SD card at the moment (it is a hybrid slot currently occupied by second SIM) if necessary i could run this test when i get home later today. I note that strangely trying to attach the very same picture taken in step 1 it cannot do so.

This is the same issue I had. Strange thing is that I can't recall exactly what I did to fix it. It just stopped happening after a while but I do recall that shortly before I stopped getting this issue, I had force-stopped whatsapp then freed up more space on my internal storage. Seems like a storage related issue, didn't need to factory reset.
Waiting for the outcome on the SD card test.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
babadubu
babadubu
babadubu
Enthusiastic Member
11-01-2017, 11:50 AM
(11-01-2017, 11:33 AM)hovatek
(11-01-2017, 06:10 AM)babadubu 1. Taking a picture from WhatsApp Works (the image is sent and delivered)

This is the same issue I had. Strange thing is that I can't recall exactly what I did to fix it. It just stopped happening after a while but I do recall that shortly before I stopped getting this issue, I had force-stopped whatsapp then freed up more space on my internal storage. Seems like a storage related issue, didn't need to factory reset.
Will do the SD card test force stopping WhatsApp has had no effect. In terms of space i have 29.7 gb free on internal memory which is 56% free of available.
babadubu
babadubu
babadubu
Enthusiastic Member
11-01-2017, 06:06 PM

(11-01-2017, 11:33 AM)hovatek
3. I don't have an external SD card at the moment (it is a hybrid slot currently occupied by second SIM) if necessary i could run this test when i get home later today. I note that  strangely trying to attach the very same picture taken in step 1 it cannot do so.

I am not able to send a photo that is located on the SD card or open it on the photo editor
Pages (2): 1 2 Next