Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Acer Liquid Z200 doesn't start anymore
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Acer Liquid Z200 doesn't start anymore

Acer Liquid Z200 doesn't start anymore

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
DawNag
DawNag
DawNag
Enthusiastic Member
30-01-2017, 02:23 AM

Good morning ,

I have an Acer Liquid Z200 Dual SIM smartphone and some weeks ago the phone only started to the System Recovery menu . the phone don't have root . I had got a ROM into the SD card , tried to apply update but the instalation was aborted . After that i got another ROM where the instalation was successful but when i was managing all the settings the phone stopped working . Now when i turn on it just display the Acer logo and when trying to run in Recovery mode the screen turn black and only after 7 hours (!!!) it enter in recovery menu .
I had downloaded SP Flash tool to flash it and install the ROM but when flashing i have this problems :

Download in download only mode : BROM ERROR : S_FT_DOWNLOAD_FAIL (0xfa8) Download to flash fail . Please press CTRL+ALT+T to turn on debug log then reproduce again - I did this but result was the same.

Firmware upgrade : BROM ERROR : S_FT_FORMAT_FAIL (0xFAA) Format flash error . Possibly given a wrong format range, please check your format setting.

Format all + download : BROM ERROR : S_FT_FORMAT_FAIL (0xFAA) Format flash error . Possibly given a wrong format range, please check your format setting.

Tentar formatar na aba Format : BROM ERROR : S_FT_FORMAT_FAIL (0xFAA) Format flash error . Possibly given a wrong format range, please check your format setting.

Can someone help me please ?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
30-01-2017, 11:35 AM
(30-01-2017, 02:23 AM)DawNag Good morning ,

I have an Acer Liquid Z200 Dual SIM smartphone and some weeks ago the phone only started to the System Recovery menu . the phone don't have root . I had got a ROM into the SD card , tried to apply update but the instalation was aborted . After that i got another ROM where the instalation was successful but when i was managing all the settings the phone stopped working . Now when i turn on it just display the Acer logo and when trying to run in Recovery mode the screen turn black and only after 7 hours (!!!) it enter in recovery menu .
I had downloaded SP Flash tool to flash it and install the ROM but when flashing i have this problems :

Download in download only mode : BROM ERROR : S_FT_DOWNLOAD_FAIL (0xfa8) Download to flash fail . Please press CTRL+ALT+T to turn on debug log then reproduce again - I did this but result was the same.

Firmware upgrade : BROM ERROR : S_FT_FORMAT_FAIL (0xFAA) Format flash error . Possibly given a wrong format range, please check your format setting.

Format all + download : BROM ERROR : S_FT_FORMAT_FAIL (0xFAA) Format flash error . Possibly given a wrong format range, please check your format setting.

Tentar formatar na aba Format : BROM ERROR : S_FT_FORMAT_FAIL (0xFAA) Format flash error . Possibly given a wrong format range, please check your format setting.

From your explanation, the /system iitially crashed and its now looking like an emmc issue.
1. Have you tried a different (SP flash tool compatible) firmware?
2. Do you have access to a working phone of the same model?
This post was last modified: 30-01-2017, 11:36 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
DawNag
DawNag
DawNag
Enthusiastic Member
30-01-2017, 11:45 AM
(30-01-2017, 11:35 AM)hovatek
(30-01-2017, 02:23 AM)DawNag Good morning ,

From your explanation, the /system iitially crashed and its now looking like an emmc issue.
1. Have you tried a different (SP flash tool compatible) firmware?
2. Do you have access to a working phone of the same model?

1- I tried 3 different firmwares
2 - I don't have any other phone of the same model , and i don't know any friend that have any like it . It was a cheap smartphone but it worked well until now
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
30-01-2017, 10:19 PM
(30-01-2017, 11:45 AM)DawNag 1- I tried 3 different firmwares
2 - I don't have any other phone of the same model , and i don't know any friend that have any like it . It was a cheap smartphone but it worked well until now

I see.
Its looking like an emmc issue and a box might help.
What version of SP Flash tool are you using?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
DawNag
DawNag
DawNag
Enthusiastic Member
31-01-2017, 03:17 AM

(30-01-2017, 10:19 PM)hovatek
(30-01-2017, 11:45 AM)DawNag 1- I tried 3 different firmwares

I see.
Its looking like an emmc issue and a box might help.
What version of SP Flash tool are you using?

Good morning ,

I am using SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1628_Win .
Looks like the last version out from SP Flash Tool
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
31-01-2017, 09:51 AM
(31-01-2017, 03:17 AM)DawNag Good morning ,

Try using the latest @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13970.html

Note!
DawNag
DawNag
DawNag
Enthusiastic Member
31-01-2017, 11:30 AM
(31-01-2017, 09:51 AM)hovatek
(31-01-2017, 03:17 AM)DawNag Good morning ,

Try using the latest @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13970.html

I downloaded the latest one ( v5.16.48_Win ) but the result was exactly the same
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
31-01-2017, 09:09 PM
(31-01-2017, 11:30 AM)DawNag I downloaded the latest one ( v5.16.48_Win ) but the result was exactly the same

Is there any firmware you ever successfully flashed to the phone before now?
if not then it seems the phone has a faulty emmc chip

Note!
DawNag
DawNag
DawNag
Enthusiastic Member
01-02-2017, 04:46 AM
(31-01-2017, 09:09 PM)hovatek
(31-01-2017, 11:30 AM)DawNag I downloaded the latest one ( v5.16.48_Win ) but the result was exactly the same

Is there any firmware you ever successfully flashed to the phone before now?
if not then it seems the phone has a faulty emmc chip

No , this phone had never been flashed before . It is still original from factory .
It was bought in an informatic store 2 or 3 years ago .
So it is impossible to solve this problem ?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
01-02-2017, 11:57 AM

(01-02-2017, 04:46 AM)DawNag No , this phone had never been flashed before . It is still original from factory .
It was bought in an informatic store 2 or 3 years ago .
So it is impossible to solve this problem ?

I think the emmc chip might be damaged.
Might have to replace the chip
If you had access to a working phone, we might have tried to backup and write to your phone using a chinese box, to see if that would help.
This post was last modified: 01-02-2017, 11:59 AM by hovatek.

Note!
Pages (2): 1 2 Next