Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] MTK 6582 dead after flash
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] MTK 6582 dead after flash

[Please help] MTK 6582 dead after flash

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next
Bineet
Bineet
Bineet
Enthusiastic Member
04-02-2017, 10:49 AM

(02-02-2017, 06:59 PM)hovatek Dump the firmware of the working phone in .bin format using Miracle box @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html (it takes time)
waiting...

The working device is not being read by the miracle box. It keeps waiting for USB port. I've installed the drivers as usual by adding legacy hardware and by  driver signature verification off method. But when I connected the working device switched off battery inside, it started installing drivers even after that and ends up showing MTP USB device while charging the phone's battery. 

[Image: b7dm9t.png]

I uninstalled drivers and installed again, repeated the process. This time after waiting and when power button is pressed the miracle box says hold on button, which if I hold the phone starts and process stops. If I don't hold the power button it says unstable comport and stays like that.

[Image: dhfjag.png]
This post was last modified: 04-02-2017, 11:52 AM by Bineet. Edit Reason: New Update Unstable Comport
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
04-02-2017, 12:17 PM
(04-02-2017, 10:49 AM)Bineet The working device is not being read by the miracle box. It keeps waiting for USB port. I've installed the drivers as usual by adding legacy hardware and by  driver signature verification off method. But when I connected the working device switched off battery inside, it started installing drivers even after that and ends up showing MTP USB device while charging the phone's battery. 

[Image: b7dm9t.png]

I uninstalled drivers and installed again, repeated the process. This time after waiting and when power button is pressed the miracle box says hold on button, which if I hold the phone starts and process stops. If I don't hold the power button it says unstable comport and stays like that.

[Image: dhfjag.png]

Restart Miracle Box and try using a different cord, port or PC.
Also, when you connect the switched off phone for flashing (without holding power) , what does it get detected as under Device manager?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Bineet
Bineet
Bineet
Enthusiastic Member
04-02-2017, 02:15 PM
(04-02-2017, 12:17 PM)hovatek Also, when you connect the switched off phone for flashing (without holding power) , what does it get detected as under Device manager?

It keeps detecting as MTP USB device under portable devices not under Ports.
Its strange thing. My dead phone instead is much better in this case as when I connect it, it gets detected under the ports da usb vcom but this working phone is only getting detected under portable devices. I've repeated driver installation process  so many times now including removing old drivers (even MTP usb device) using usbdview. But again whether I install the vcom drivers or not, the working phone is always detected under portable devices not under ports.

Update: Its strange that I can do the desired process with the dead phone ie. backup its rom in .bin format through miracle box yet I am unable to do so for the working phone.
I've tried it many times now by uninstalling all the drivers and then fresh installation of vcom drivers. It's the dead phone that is detected for this purpose not the working. The working phone always shows up in the portable devices.

If I connected the phone without battery to the laptop: dead phone detected as vcom port while the working is not even detected (even if power button is pressed or other buttons or power + volume up etc.).
If I connected the phone with battery: Dead phone detected successfully as vcom port while working phone shows up as portable device.

By the way the working phone doesn't even show preloader partition in mtk droid block info. Does that have something to do with it not working as preloader vcom?
Here is screenshot:
[Image: 260yb6x.png]
This post was last modified: 04-02-2017, 07:10 PM by Bineet. Edit Reason: More info added
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
06-02-2017, 05:30 AM
(04-02-2017, 02:15 PM)Bineet It keeps detecting as MTP USB device under portable devices not under Ports.
Its strange thing. My dead phone instead is much better in this case as when I connect it, it gets detected under the ports da usb vcom but this working phone is only getting detected under portable devices. I've repeated driver installation process  so many times now including removing old drivers (even MTP usb device) using usbdview. But again whether I install the vcom drivers or not, the working phone is always detected under portable devices not under ports.

Update: Its strange that I can do the desired process with the dead phone ie. backup its rom in .bin format through miracle box yet I am unable to do so for the working phone.
I've tried it many times now by uninstalling all the drivers and then fresh installation of vcom drivers. It's the dead phone that is detected for this purpose not the working. The working phone always shows up in the portable devices.

If I connected the phone without battery to the laptop: dead phone detected as vcom port while the working is not even detected (even if power button is pressed or other buttons or power + volume up etc.).
If I connected the phone with battery: Dead phone detected successfully as vcom port while working phone shows up as portable device.

By the way the working phone doesn't even show preloader partition in mtk droid block info. Does that have something to do with it not working as preloader vcom?
Here is screenshot:
[Image: 260yb6x.png]

While holding the volume decrease button, connect the working phone to PC, your PC should attempt to install drivers

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Bineet
Bineet
Bineet
Enthusiastic Member
06-02-2017, 11:49 AM

(06-02-2017, 05:30 AM)hovatek While holding the volume decrease button, connect the working phone to PC, your PC should attempt to install drivers

Well actually, now we have given the phone to a service centre who says they can't fix it. It seems we would have no option except purchasing a new mobile now.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
06-02-2017, 05:19 PM
(06-02-2017, 11:49 AM)Bineet Well actually, now we have given the phone to a service centre who says they can't fix it. It seems we would have no option except purchasing a new mobile now.

It can be fixed although it might require changing the emmc chip or re-writing the chip's software
Its that or a power related component on the PCB
This post was last modified: 06-02-2017, 05:27 PM by hovatek.

Note!
Bineet
Bineet
Bineet
Enthusiastic Member
08-02-2017, 05:21 AM
(06-02-2017, 05:19 PM)hovatek It can be fixed although it might require changing the emmc chip or re-writing the chip's software
Its that or a power related component on the PCB

I wouldn't know if that is power related component, so I will try to find a service centre who can look into that.
Thank you so much for all your assistance, you have been very patient and helpful throughout this process.
Codu
Codu
Codu
08-02-2017, 03:00 PM
Hi there,

AFAIK uninstalling a driver in Windows is not as transparent as it should. From your saying I suspect a driver mismatch due to a previous manual driver installation.
With that in mind, using the working phone :
1. Tick the usual stuff on: USB debug, OEM unlocking(if present),... from the Settings menu.
2. Power off the phone, using the power button, not the battery Smile
3. Connect the phone to the PC.
a) If the presented USB COM Port endpoint it's mapped to another driver, I/O transfers may fail.
b) It must be seen as a VCOM device (it may present a secondary/third/fourth endpoint, but that's another story).
c) If so, manually affect the Mediatek DA VCOM driver to the endpoint:
- Uninstall the drivers with a warning sign (they are useless)
- Update driver (the one presenting a COM port on the properties page)
- Chose search on computer
- Choose in the already installed list
- Select Mediatek DA VCOM...
- Install it even if it says it's not compatible (dont care too much about these warnings - if a driver can't serve a resource, it will not start)

1 . Start MagicBox
2. Tick Readinfo on the MTK tab
3. Click Start Button
4. Connect the phone
You should get the info from the phone.

Regarding the dead phone. If the power conversion module is dead the phone is dead, regardless the flash state.
If you partially flashed the preloader, the phone is dead (eMMC replace or JTAG - not really a DIY)

Here's a [url=https://sturmflut.github.io/mediatek/2015/07/04/mediatek-details-partitions-and-preloader/][/post] you may want to check. It's about how stuff works.

Kindly,
Codu.
Bineet
Bineet
Bineet
Enthusiastic Member
12-02-2017, 05:57 PM
(08-02-2017, 03:00 PM)Codu Regarding the dead phone. If the power conversion module is dead the phone is dead, regardless the flash state.
If you partially flashed the preloader, the phone is dead (eMMC replace or JTAG - not really a DIY)

Here's a [url=https://sturmflut.github.io/mediatek/2015/07/04/mediatek-details-partitions-and-preloader/][/post] you may want to check. It's about how stuff works.

Kindly,
Codu.

Hi Codu,

I forgot to say thanks for you post but it's never too late Smile As for the dead phone, I think we will take to a service centre next week, let's see if they can fix the power conversion module or replace eMMC or something.
Codu
Codu
Codu
14-02-2017, 11:39 AM

(12-02-2017, 05:57 PM)Bineet Hi Codu,

I forgot to say thanks for you post but it's never too late Smile As for the dead phone, I think we will take to a service centre next week, let's see if they can fix the power conversion module or replace eMMC or something.

Another friendly advice: please consider taking it to serious service center and not the next corner service center Wink.
As stated, it may require a JTAG and this kind of equipment si not very popular among corner shops. I also double by saying the JTAG must be made for this kind of stuff (low pin voltage compliant), otherwise it will damage the chip and/or other components.

You can simply ask the guy this simple question:
"Does the JTAG rings a bell? "

If it says NO then skip; he's an ex-butcher converted to phone repair tech Smile.

Kindly,
This post was last modified: 14-02-2017, 11:40 AM by Codu.
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next