Hovatek Forum
[Tutorial] How to extract APDB & BPLGU / MDDB files from Mediatek - Printable Version

+- Hovatek Forum (https://forum.hovatek.com)
+-- Forum: MOBILE PHONES HELP SECTION (https://forum.hovatek.com/forum-75.html)
+--- Forum: Android (https://forum.hovatek.com/forum-76.html)
+--- Thread: [Tutorial] How to extract APDB & BPLGU / MDDB files from Mediatek (/thread-11609.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

How to extract APDB & BPLGU / MDDB files from Mediatek - hovatek - 01-30-2016

The DB file (BPLGU or MDDB) is required for tools like SN writer and Maui Meta to write IMEI, WiFi / Bluetooth address etc to a Mediatek Android device. You'll usually find the DB files in the official firmware. Should you not find the file(s) in the firmware you downloaded, you can easily extract from your device.

Steps to extract BPLGU / MDDB from a Mediatek device

To extract the DB files(s) from a Mediatek Android phone:

1. Root the phone (you could use Magisk )
  2. Install a root browser like ES Explorer or ROM Toolbox Lite
  3. Navigate to  /system/etc/mddb/
  4. Copy BPLGUInfoCustomAppSrcP****  from /system/etc/mddb/ to your device's storage and then to your PC

[Image: IMEI_2.jpg]

Important Notice

RE: How to extract the db file for Maui Meta 3G & SN Write tool from an MTK Android Phone - mtenget - 02-24-2016

As i know we need two files here, i mean BPLGUInfoCustomAppSrcP****and APDB
AND THE ABOVE tutorial i can copy only BPLGU, how to copy APDB file? or where to get this file then.....

RE: How to extract the db file for Maui Meta 3G & SN Write tool from an MTK Android Phone - hovatek - 02-25-2016

(02-24-2016, 01:45 PM)mtenget Wrote:  As i know we need two files here, i mean BPLGUInfoCustomAppSrcP****and APDB
AND THE ABOVE tutorial i can copy only BPLGU, how to copy APDB file? or where to get this file then.....

check a working phone,not the affected one. the db file should be enough for Maumeta3g

RE: How to extract the db file for Maui Meta 3G & SN Write tool from an MTK Android Phone - mtenget - 02-25-2016

Already checked a working phone and copied BPLGU file, but my question is.....where is APDB file coming from..??

RE: How to extract the db file for Maui Meta 3G & SN Write tool from an MTK Android Phone - hovatek - 02-26-2016

(02-25-2016, 02:54 PM)mtenget Wrote:  Already checked a working phone and copied BPLGU file, but my question is.....where is APDB file coming from..??

If you don't find both there then you'll have to use maumeta3g

RE: How to extract the db file for Maui Meta 3G & SN Write tool from an MTK Android Phone - mtenget - 02-26-2016

(02-26-2016, 01:04 AM)hovatek Wrote:  
(02-25-2016, 02:54 PM)mtenget Wrote:  Already checked a working phone and copied BPLGU file, but my question is.....where is APDB file coming from..??

If you don't find both there then you'll have to use maumeta3g

Ok

RE: How to extract the db file for Maui Meta 3G & SN Write tool from an MTK Android Phone - Ripunjoy - 07-21-2016

(01-30-2016, 04:39 PM)hovatek Wrote:  ...
* Root the phone
* Install a root browser like ES Explorer or ROM Toolbox Lite
* Navigate to  /system/etc/mddb/
* Copy BPLGUInfoCustomAppSrcP****  from /system/etc/mddb/ to your device's storage and then to your PC

Thanks A Lot Bro

RE: How to extract the db file for Maui Meta 3G & SN Write tool from an MTK Android Phone - profeduards - 09-10-2016

Will this work on Lenovo k900?

RE: How to extract the db file for Maui Meta 3G & SN Write tool from an MTK Android Phone - Pline - 09-10-2016

thanks alot

RE: How to extract the db file for Maui Meta 3G & SN Write tool from an MTK Android Phone - hovatek - 09-10-2016

(09-10-2016, 04:27 AM)profeduards Wrote:  Will this work on Lenovo k900?

If its Mediatek, it should