Hovatek Forum
[Tutorial] How to extract APDB & BPLGU / MDDB files from Mediatek - Printable Version

+- Hovatek Forum (https://forum.hovatek.com)
+-- Forum: MOBILE PHONES HELP SECTION (https://forum.hovatek.com/forum-75.html)
+--- Forum: Android (https://forum.hovatek.com/forum-76.html)
+--- Thread: [Tutorial] How to extract APDB & BPLGU / MDDB files from Mediatek (/thread-11609.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: How to extract the db file for Maui Meta 3G & SN Write tool from an MTK Android Phone - aredejrd - 14-12-2016

(30-01-2016, 04:39 PM)hovatek Wrote:  [Image: IMEI_2.jpg]

* Root the phone
* Install a root browser like ES Explorer or ROM Toolbox Lite
* Navigate to  /system/etc/mddb/
* Copy BPLGUInfoCustomAppSrcP**** from /system/etc/mddb/ to your device's storage and then to your PC

And the APDB file? Where i find it?
Thanks

RE: How to extract the db file for Maui Meta 3G & SN Write tool from an MTK Android Phone - hovatek - 14-12-2016

(14-12-2016, 02:11 AM)aredejrd Wrote:  And the APDB file? Where i find it?
Thanks

usually in the full firmware

RE: How to extract the db file for Maui Meta 3G & SN Write tool from an MTK Android Phone - nwm2006 - 06-03-2017

(30-01-2016, 04:39 PM)hovatek Wrote:  [Image: IMEI_2.jpg]

* Root the phone
* Install a root browser like ES Explorer or ROM Toolbox Lite
* Navigate to  /system/etc/mddb/
* Copy BPLGUInfoCustomAppSrcP****  from /system/etc/mddb/ to your device's storage and then to your PC

I don't have this file on this folder!!

RE: How to extract the db file for Maui Meta 3G & SN Write tool from an MTK Android Phone - hovatek - 06-03-2017

(06-03-2017, 08:59 AM)nwm2006 Wrote:  I don't have this file on this folder!!

1. What file(s) do you have?
2. What is your phone's chipset?

RE: How to extract the db file for Maui Meta 3G & SN Write tool from an MTK Android Phone - Chemistree - 11-02-2018

:/ I wanna use SN Write Tool (SN Writer) to write my IMEI back ... but i don't wanna ( root ) my phone to get the BPLGU file.

Some one please show me da wae .

RE: How to extract the db file for Maui Meta 3G & SN Write tool from an MTK Android Phone - xerxes - 11-02-2018

(11-02-2018, 04:05 AM)Chemistree Wrote:  :/ I wanna use  SN Write Tool (SN Writer) to write  my IMEI back ... but i don't wanna ( root )  my phone to get the  BPLGU file.  

Some one please show me da wae  .

You must have the DB files either extracted from your phone or from the full firmware which i guess you don't.
BTW, what's your device exact chipset?

RE: How to extract the db file for Maui Meta 3G & SN Write tool from an MTK Android Phone - Chemistree - 12-02-2018

(11-02-2018, 08:24 PM)innagee Wrote:  
(11-02-2018, 04:05 AM)Chemistree Wrote:  :/ I wanna use  SN Write Tool (SN Writer) to write  my IMEI back ... but i don't wanna ( root )  my phone to get the  BPLGU file.  

Some one please show me da wae  .

You must have the DB files either extracted from your phone or from the full firmware which i guess you don't.
BTW, what's your device exact chipset?

If i go in my phone Internal Storage .. Root/etc/mddb/BPLGUInfo .... <-----  If i copy this files in download on my phone ... connect the phone to the pc .. copy the files from Download in the phone flies to the pc with the USB cable Transfert files ... it's okay  ? 

Phone Device :  Asus_X008DA   Chipset : MT6737 ..

RE: How to extract the db file for Maui Meta 3G & SN Write tool from an MTK Android Phone - hovatek - 12-02-2018

(12-02-2018, 08:36 AM)Chemistree Wrote:     If i go in my phone Internal Storage .. Root/etc/mddb/BPLGUInfo .... <-----  If i copy this files in download on my phone ... connect the phone to the pc .. copy the files from Download in the phone flies to the pc with the USB cable Transfert files ... it's okay  ? 

that only works with Maui Meta, SN writer requires more db files.
Besides, you'll need root to get access to that file

RE: How to extract the db file for Maui Meta 3G & SN Write tool from an MTK Android Phone - Chemistree - 12-02-2018

(12-02-2018, 09:00 AM)hovatek Wrote:  
(12-02-2018, 08:36 AM)Chemistree Wrote:     If i go in my phone Internal Storage .. Root/etc/mddb/BPLGUInfo .... <-----  If i copy this files in download on my phone ... connect the phone to the pc .. copy the files from Download in the phone flies to the pc with the USB cable Transfert files ... it's okay  ? 

that only works with Maui Meta, SN writer requires more db files.
Besides, you'll need root to get access to that file

So i got to root my phone ...  Question if i root my phone fix the IMEI .. after i will be able to remove the root and keep the IMEI ?

RE: How to extract the db file for Maui Meta 3G & SN Write tool from an MTK Android Phone - hovatek - 12-02-2018

(12-02-2018, 09:04 AM)Chemistree Wrote:  So i got to root my phone ...  Question if i root my phone fix the IMEI .. after i will be able to remove the root and keep the IMEI ?

depending on the method you use, you should be able to keep IMEI after unroot