Hovatek Forum
Dead Tecno S9 - Printable Version

+- Hovatek Forum (https://www.hovatek.com/forum)
+-- Forum: MOBILE (https://www.hovatek.com/forum/forum-75.html)
+--- Forum: Android (https://www.hovatek.com/forum/forum-76.html)
+--- Thread: Dead Tecno S9 (/thread-13445.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Dead Tecno S9 - cbnobia - 10-06-2016

Hello I have a tecno s9 tab that wont charge or boot.It is literarily dead.How do I revive it.This problem started after I tried to flash it with sp flash tool ,Initially it was in a bootloop: just revibrating anytime the tecno logo comes up without powering on completely.So i tried to flash it again with the flashtool.But now it is not responding at all.Unfortunately, the phone is seaIed and I cant access the battery.I have researched this problem over several websites and applied their recommendations without any success.Currently, I have a stock rom and have uploaded the scatter.txt to sp flashtool.Sp flashtool however cant recognise my device.I need help.Pls

RE: Dead Tecno S9 - matybazz - 11-06-2016

(10-06-2016, 01:15 PM)cbnobia Hello I have a tecno s9 tab that wont charge or boot.It is literarily dead.How do I revive it.This problem started after I tried to flash it with sp flash tool ,Initially it was in a bootloop: just revibrating anytime the tecno logo comes up without powering on completely.So i tried to flash it again with the flashtool.But now it is not responding at all.Unfortunately, the phone is seaIed and I cant access the battery.I  have researched this problem over several websites and applied their recommendations without any success.Currently, I have a stock rom and have uploaded the scatter.txt to sp flashtool.Sp flashtool however cant recognise my device.I need help.Pls

The fast method to use right now is accessing the battery to charge manually, a hardware store should help with that then try flashing again.. When you flashed it at first did it flash to completion?

RE: Dead Tecno S9 - hovatek - 11-06-2016

(10-06-2016, 01:15 PM)cbnobia Hello I have a tecno s9 tab that wont charge or boot.It is literarily dead.How do I revive it.This problem started after I tried to flash it with sp flash tool ,Initially it was in a bootloop: just revibrating anytime the tecno logo comes up without powering on completely.So i tried to flash it again with the flashtool.But now it is not responding at all.Unfortunately, the phone is seaIed and I cant access the battery.I have researched this problem over several websites and applied their recommendations without any success.Currently, I have a stock rom and have uploaded the scatter.txt to sp flashtool.Sp flashtool however cant recognise my device.I need help.Pls

seems flashing was interrupted.
1. Does your PC make a sound when you connect the phone?
2. If you can't take out the battery (its possible even though inbuilt) then you could keep charging as instructed @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html till the phone shows a charging sign

RE: Dead Tecno S9 - cbnobia - 12-06-2016

(11-06-2016, 07:46 PM)hovatek
(10-06-2016, 01:15 PM)cbnobia Hello I have a tecno s9 tab that wont charge or boot.It is literarily dead.How do I revive it.This problem started after I tried to flash it with sp flash tool ,Initially it was in a bootloop: just revibrating anytime the tecno logo comes up without powering on completely.So i tried to flash it again with the flashtool.But now it is not responding at all.Unfortunately, the phone is seaIed and I cant access the battery.I  have researched this problem over several websites and applied their recommendations without any success.Currently, I have a stock rom and have uploaded the scatter.txt to sp flashtool.Sp flashtool however cant recognise my device.I need help.Pls

2. If you can't take out the battery (its possible even though inbuilt) then you could keep charging as instructed @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html till the phone shows a charging sign
@matybazz. @hovatek.
Thank you so much for your reply.I managed to open the tab and disconnected the battery and reconnected it and the tecno logo and accompanying start up vibration came back.It has,however,kept on revibrating since then.I have tried the different combinations to go into the recovery mode without any success.The only one that works is the volume down and power buttons combination where it displays "Select Boot Mode:
VOLUME_UP to select.VOLUME_DOWN is OK.]

:Recovery mode] <<==
:Fastboot Mode]
:Normal Boot] "

If you then press the volume down button the cursor goes down through all the options put the volume  up button does not select any of the options.Meanwhile the tecno logo is white instead of initial white then blue before I flashed it.Any recommendations.?Thank you once again for your kind response.

Sorry . ...thank you once again...

(11-06-2016, 10:09 AM)matybazz

The fast method to use right now is accessing the battery to charge manually,  a hardware store should help with that then try flashing again..  When you flashed it at first did it flash to completion?

Yes it did .Yet it keeps vibrating.

(11-06-2016, 07:46 PM)hovatek

Yes.the pc make a sound when it is connected.Even when I switch the phone off the tecno logo comes back on when I connect the phone to the pc.Secondly,It shows the battery icon though without the"z" in the battery.

RE: Dead Tecno S9 - mensa - 12-06-2016

(12-06-2016, 07:02 AM)cbnobia @matybazz. @hovatek.
Thank you so much for your reply.I managed to open the tab and disconnected the battery and reconnected it and the tecno logo and accompanying start up vibration came back.It has,however,kept on revibrating since then.I have tried the different combinations to go into the recovery mode without any success.The only one that works is the volume down and power buttons combination where it displays "Select Boot Mode:
VOLUME_UP to select.VOLUME_DOWN is OK.]

:Recovery mode] <<==
:Fastboot Mode]
:Normal Boot] "

If you then press the volume down button the cursor goes down through all the options put the volume  up button does not select any of the options.Meanwhile the tecno logo is white instead of initial white then blue before I flashed it.Any recommendations.?Thank you once again for your kind response.
When the arrow is on the recovery, press any button on the phone. You can press the back button, menu buttob and home button. Click any button you can see on the phone.

RE: Dead Tecno S9 - hovatek - 12-06-2016

(12-06-2016, 07:06 AM)cbnobia Yes it did .Yet it keeps vibrating.

switch off then try flashing again using the firmware @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html and SP flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html

RE: Dead Tecno S9 - cbnobia - 14-06-2016

@mensa.Thank you for your response.
.jpg
20160614_004645.jpg
Size: 1.19 MB / Downloads: 15

This is exactly what my tab looks like now and it keeps vibrating.