Hovatek Forum
[Please help] How do I flash my stuck on boot loop Gionee F100, - Printable Version

+- Hovatek Forum (https://forum.hovatek.com)
+-- Forum: MOBILE PHONES HELP SECTION (https://forum.hovatek.com/forum-75.html)
+--- Forum: Android (https://forum.hovatek.com/forum-76.html)
+--- Thread: [Please help] How do I flash my stuck on boot loop Gionee F100, (/thread-23238.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

How do I flash my stuck on boot loop Gionee F100, - Pdrood - 06-21-2018

[attachment=5156]Hi guys  ..
Few weeks ago I tried changing the bootanimation.zip of my Gionee F100 it worked but It got into bootloop. 
So after weeks of research I finally downloaded the Gionee F100 firmware unfortunately for me. It wasn't what I thought I would see .. 
System.new.dat ,file_context and so on .. but there is a file there ...(scatter file.txt)
Please I'm really confused .. should I just load the scatter file into Spflashtool ? 

Someone please help !!
Thank you !
Sad

RE: How do I flash my stuck on boot loop Gionee F100, - X3non - 06-21-2018

(06-21-2018, 05:21 PM)Pdrood Wrote:  Hi guys  ..
Few weeks ago I tried changing the bootanimation.zip of my Gionee F100 it worked but It got into bootloop. 
So after weeks of research I finally downloaded the Gionee F100 firmware unfortunately for me. It wasn't what I thought I would see .. 
System.new.dat ,file_context and so on .. but there is a file there ...(scatter file.txt)
Please I'm really confused .. should I just load the scatter file into Spflashtool ? 
Someone please help !!
Thank you !
Sad

this zip file should also contain META-INF folder
you'll need to flash this through stock recovery

RE: How do I flash my stuck on boot loop Gionee F100, - Pdrood - 06-22-2018

[attachment=5160 Wrote:X3non pid='139133' dateline='1529603058']
Someone please help !!
Thank you !
Sad

Yes it does ! . But ion know how to do that , please can you be more clear ? 
Thank you .. I'll drop a screenshot of that too ... 
I'll be expecting your reply

Hey X3non ! I only know how to flash Mtk devices through Spflashtool.
The Firmware I downloaded doesn't look like it will work using Spflashtool right ?
Is there a way that I can make my firmware flash able through Spflashtool. ??
Because my phone stopped entering Factory mode .... It only enters a mode in which it tells me to clear emmc
. Which i have done severally with no positive result ..
Please help guys .. that's the only phone I've got now ..

Gionee F100 Stuck on bootloop after Boot animation.zip change attempted - Pdrood - 06-22-2018

Hey Guys !
I finally downloaded the Firmware .
It has :
Meta inf (folder)
System (folder)
Boot.img
File_Contexts
Mobicore.bin
Preloaded.img
Scatter.txt
System.new.dat
System.patch.dat
System.transfer.list
Type.txt
Uboot.img

Hey #Hovatek can I just flash by choosing scatter file in Spflashtool ??
Please help this is my second thread !!

RE: How do I flash my stuck on boot loop Gionee F100, - innagee - 06-22-2018

(06-22-2018, 08:14 AM)Pdrood Wrote:  
(06-21-2018, 06:44 PM)X3non Wrote:  
Someone please help !!
Thank you !
Sad

Yes it does ! . But ion know how to do that , please can you be more clear ? 
Thank you .. I'll drop a screenshot of that too ... 
I'll be expecting your reply

copy the firmware (.zip) to your phone internal/external memory. 
boot the phone into recovery mode by holding vol up + power key or see https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-479.html 
once you've entered recovery mode scroll using vol keys and select 'install from zip' using power key, 
search the firmware and select then flash.

RE: How do I flash my stuck on boot loop Gionee F100, - innagee - 06-22-2018

(06-22-2018, 08:37 AM)Pdrood Wrote:  Hey X3non ! I only know how to flash Mtk devices through Spflashtool.
The Firmware I downloaded doesn't look like it will work using Spflashtool right ?
Is there a way that I can make my firmware flash able through Spflashtool. ??
Because my phone stopped entering Factory mode .... It only enters a mode in which it tells me to clear emmc
. Which i have done severally with no positive result ..
Please help guys .. that's the only phone I've got now ..

dump the phone's firmware in scatter format using miracle @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-13347.html 
In factory mode, navigate to "version" then use the power button to select it.
You should find the build number under SW (Let's know what you have under SW)

Thanks innagee.. I need to know if I'll be dumping the bricked phone's firmware ..??
Remember the phone is bricked !
Thanks . Give me your go ahead guys

RE: How do I flash my stuck on boot loop Gionee F100, - innagee - 06-23-2018

(06-22-2018, 07:44 PM)Pdrood Wrote:  Thanks innagee.. I need to know if I'll be dumping the bricked phone's firmware ..??

Yes, dump the bricked firmware, that will help when your device is totally dead. 
Also, are you able to get the SW Version of your firmware in factory mode?

RE: How do I flash my stuck on boot loop Gionee F100, - hovatek - 06-23-2018

(06-22-2018, 07:44 PM)Pdrood Wrote:  Thanks innagee.. I need to know if I'll be dumping the bricked phone's firmware ..??

Hold it!
Let me clarify some things:
1. The firmware you've downloaded is a flashable zip only for stock recovery mode so you can't flash it in SP flash tool (don't be deceived by the scatter file in it). It can only be flashed in stock recovery mode
2. You said changing the bootanimation.zip was what bricked your device, meaning you likely rooted and made a modification at the /system level. If this is correct then what you need to flash back is stock system.img

Now, what I want to know is
1. Can the phone still boot to stock recovery mode (volume up + power). Recovery is different from Factory mode (Vol down + Power)
2. Can you get access to a working  phone of the same model
3. There are several F100 @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-389.html . Which is yours and which did you download?
4. Backup your current firmware using Miracle Box @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-13347.html in scatter format and lets know when done (this is just in case something goes wrong)