Hovatek Forum
[Tool] SP FLASHTOOL.EXE HAS STOPPED WORKING.... - Printable Version

+- Hovatek Forum (https://www.hovatek.com/forum)
+-- Forum: MOBILE (https://www.hovatek.com/forum/forum-75.html)
+--- Forum: Android (https://www.hovatek.com/forum/forum-76.html)
+--- Thread: [Tool] SP FLASHTOOL.EXE HAS STOPPED WORKING.... (/thread-29903.html)

Pages: 1 2

SP FLASHTOOL.EXE HAS STOPPED WORKING.... - gougoudinho - 08-09-2019

Hello
I have this problem since a week now.
I have a Samsung SM-J800 MT6572 CLONE that I want to flash with sp flashtool.The drivers are installed but every time I start the process it crashes.
I have tried some methods on "how to fix .exe has stopped working on windows 7" but nothing.Please can you help me ?
Thanks in advance

RE: SP FLASHTOOL.EXE HAS STOPPED WORKING.... - xerxes - 08-09-2019

(08-09-2019, 01:44 AM)gougoudinho Hello
I have this problem since a week now.
I have a Samsung SM-J800 MT6572 CLONE that I want to flash with sp flashtool.The drivers are installed but every time I start the process it crashes.
I have tried some methods on "how to fix .exe has stopped working on windows 7" but nothing.Please can you help me ?
Thanks in advance

What's wrong with the phone and how did the problem begin?
For stopped working issue, you can try another version of sp flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13970.html or try a different pc

RE: SP FLASHTOOL.EXE HAS STOPPED WORKING.... - gougoudinho - 08-09-2019

The phone was not booting and was always stopping at the logo so it needs a flashing.When I want to flash it with sp flashtool,it crashes

RE: SP FLASHTOOL.EXE HAS STOPPED WORKING.... - gougoudinho - 09-09-2019

I really need help now.
I have tried to change the so flashtool  version by downloading the latest and I even.n formatted my PC and made a fresh installation but I still have this error "error:??8".No matter what I do.
Now I need your support so that we overcome this.
Thanks...

Sent from my NX573J using Hovatek Mobile

RE: SP FLASHTOOL.EXE HAS STOPPED WORKING.... - olakunal - 09-09-2019

(09-09-2019, 05:42 AM)gougoudinho I really need help now.
I have tried to change the so flashtool  version by downloading the latest and I even.n formatted my PC and made a fresh installation but I still have this error "error:??8".No matter what I do.
Thanks...

Since you reinstalled your version of windows and the problem still exists I ruled out computer viruses that target running apps.

The issue you are facing may be Hardware related (PC Motherboard & PC Chipset).
You might be using an old windows computer that doesn't support SPFT binaries or your PC is 32bit and you have the wrong drivers installed or vise versa.

Is your computer a 32 bit or 64 bit?
Did you install the 32 bit drivers (i386/x86) or the 64bit drivers (amd64/x64)?

Things you can do.

1. Download a very old version of SPFT possibly the oldest version from https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13970.html and try it.
2. Alternatively, get your hands on another Windows computer preferable Windows 7(64bit) and try out SPFT.

RE: SP FLASHTOOL.EXE HAS STOPPED WORKING.... - X3non - 09-09-2019

(09-09-2019, 05:42 AM)gougoudinho I really need help now.
Thanks...

error: ??8 is likely pointing to faulty emmc
what exactly is wrong with the phone and how did the problem begin?
can you confirm that this firmware you're attempting to flash is the right firmware for the clone device?

RE: SP FLASHTOOL.EXE HAS STOPPED WORKING.... - gougoudinho - 09-09-2019

First of all, the pc is an old one HP COMPAQ 6510 B and it's 32 Bits.I will try an older version of SPFT
The phone was booting and stopping on the logo.I tried factory reset but to no avail.While flashing I even tried format+download as option but nothing.
I even tried to backup with miraclebox and write back but it failed.
I have downloaded almost 4 firmwares of the very phone Samsung SM-J800 clone MT6572 so I think I have the right stock rom

So what's really wrong with it?

RE: SP FLASHTOOL.EXE HAS STOPPED WORKING.... - X3non - 10-09-2019

(09-09-2019, 02:55 PM)gougoudinho First of all, the pc is an old one HP COMPAQ 6510 B and it's 32 Bits.I will try an older version of SPFT
The phone was booting and stopping on the logo.I tried factory reset but to no avail.While flashing I even tried format+download as option but nothing.
I have downloaded almost 4 firmwares of the very phone Samsung SM-J800 clone MT6572 so I think I have the right stock rom

phrases like "to no avail", "but nothing" dont give a clear picture. you need to explain proper if success or not and what the condition of the phone is after the said operation
use SP flash tool to format all except bootloader.., let me know the outcome and if the phone is still able to power on and get stuck on bootlogo

RE: SP FLASHTOOL.EXE HAS STOPPED WORKING.... - hovatek - 10-09-2019

(09-09-2019, 02:55 PM)gougoudinho First of all, the pc is an old one HP COMPAQ 6510 B and it's 32 Bits.I will try an older version of SPFT

Error 8 either points at you using a wrong firmware or the phone's emmc being faulty. Try using Sp flash tool ver 3, see if that rules out anything

RE: SP FLASHTOOL.EXE HAS STOPPED WORKING.... - gougoudinho - 19-09-2019

(10-09-2019, 09:59 AM)X3non
(09-09-2019, 02:55 PM)gougoudinho
First of all, the pc is an old one HP COMPAQ 6510 B and it's 32 Bits.I will try an older version of SPFT

phrases like "to no avail", "but nothing" dont give a clear picture. you need to explain proper if success or not and what the condition of the phone is after the said operation
use SP flash tool to format all except bootloader.., let me know the outcome and if the phone is still able to power on and get stuck on bootlogo

I did as you said but nothing.It shows the same error with latest so flashtool ???8 and with sp flashtool 3.1344 it shows not enough space.