Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to repair null or invalid IMEI on Mediatek
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to repair null or invalid IMEI on Mediatek

[Tutorial] How to repair null or invalid IMEI on Mediatek

Pages (34): Previous 127 28 29 30 3134 Next
ak Klassik
ak Klassik
ak Klassik
Enthusiastic Member
17-06-2017, 10:59 AM

After resetting my phone, the imei is null and other sim cards are not working except Glo and if I dial *#06#, no numbers is showing imei without numbers.. Please what should I do but my phone is not rooted and I never planed to root

Sent from my Infinix HOT 4 using Hovatek Forum
ak Klassik
ak Klassik
ak Klassik
Enthusiastic Member
17-06-2017, 11:00 AM
(17-06-2017, 10:59 AM)ak Klassik After resetting my phone, the imei is null and other sim cards are not working except Glo and if I dial *#06#, no numbers is showing imei without numbers.. Please what should I do but my phone is not rooted and I never planed to root

The phone is hot 4 finger print

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-06-2017, 07:18 PM
(17-06-2017, 10:59 AM)ak Klassik After resetting my phone, the imei is null and other sim cards are not working except Glo and if I dial *#06#, no numbers is showing imei without numbers.. Please what should I do but my phone is not rooted and I never planed to root

Check Settings > About > Baseband . If its valid then follow the non-root methods on page 1. If baseband is also invalid then you'll need to reflash the firmware to regain baseband

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
newjazzy
newjazzy
newjazzy
Techie Member
30-06-2017, 12:03 PM
(24-01-2014, 08:21 PM)hovatek Quite a number of MTK users have been having this issue on their MTK devices after flashing one ROM or another; something i call the 'Custom ROM fever'. This issue is mostly caused by wiping / corruption of the data partition. The Baseband and radio (for network signal) are controlled by the NVRAM (located in data/nvram/md/NVRAM/NVD_IMEI) and a file called MP0B_001.
Once this file is missing or the NVRAM partiton is corrupted, your phone's IMEI and radio functionality cease to exist. There are several methods to fix this:

# See the video tutorial below or @ http://youtu.be/tAK1DL_L_eg 

*Note: 

+ Go to Settings > About and check Baseband. If it says Unknown then flash the Stock ROM / Firmware using Sp flash tool @  https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html to regain Baseband
+ For Samsung phones,  use this method @ //www.hovatek.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=310

1. MP0B_001 Method [ROOT Required]

1. Download ROM toolbox lite from Playstore
2. Download IMEI.zip (to create a new IMEI file) then unzip the content of the folder (imei.exe) to a folder on your desktop
3. In command prompt, navigate to the imei.exe containing folder you just created on your desktop
* NOTE cd\ then enter (returns to root directory)

Code:

cd.. 

Press Enter (goes up one directory)

Code:

cd foldername

Press Enter (navigates to a folder called foldername)

4. A faster method is to open the imei.exe containing folder > Hold down Shift > Right-click on an empty space > Select "Open Command Window here"
5. When you're inside the imei folder in command prompt, type
imei.exe <15digit_IMEI_1> <15digit_IMEI_2>
eg

Code:

imei.exe 123456789111111 123456789111124  
6. Press Enter          
7. If both IMEIs you gave are of the correct format, a file named MP0B_001_NEW will be created. Rename it MP0B_001.
8. Now you can send it to the sd of your phone
9. Install ROM toolbox lite then go to root explorer
10. In root explorer, delete the existing MP0B_001 file (located @ device/data/nvram/md/NVRAM/NVD_IMEI) and replace with the one you just created
11. Long press the new MP0B_001, go to permissions and tick all 9 boxes at the top then select ok (don't tick special pernissions)
12. Restart your phone
13. Your SIMs should be detected, IMEI reflect and Baseband version change from unknown to what it should be.
* Note that getting this done might not be this direct due to different scenarios but replacing the MP0B_001 file is the ultimate goal in order to fix the issue.

2. IMEI Replacement Method [ROOT Required]

This method involves the use of MTK droid tools and is only applicable when your SIM cards are detected but IMEI is invalid or null. To do this:

1. Download MTK droid tools
2. Download PdaNet
3. Enable USB debugging on the phone then connect it to the PC (don't enable mass storage)
4. Install PdaNet on the PC with the phone connected; you should get a message saying drivers installed successfully.
5. Extract then launch MTK droid tools on the PC (still with phone connected to PC)
6. MTK droid tools should detect and display your phones details
7. Click on IMEI/NVRAM
8. Supply the IMEI(s) then click replace
9. Restart your phone if it isn't automatically restarted
10. Your IMEI issue should have been resolved

3. NVRAM Restore Method [ROOT Required]

* Note that you need a working phone of the same model to backup NVRAM first

1. Download MTK droid tools
2. Download PdaNet
3. Enable USB debugging on the GOOD phone then connect it to the PC (don't enable mass storage)
4. Install PdaNet on the PC with the phone connected; you should get a message saying drivers installed successfully.
5. Extract then launch MTK droid tools on the PC (still with phone connected to PC)
6. MTK droid tools should detect and display your phones details
7. Click IMEI / NVRAM
8. Click Backup
9. When backup is complete, open the MTK Folder > BackupNVRAM to confirm that backup was successful
8. Connect the phone with Basebrand / IMEI error to the PC still with MTK droid tools open
9. Still under IMEI / NVRAM, click Restore
10. Select the appropriate files from the windows that pop up
11. Reboot the phone once the procedure is complete

4. Engineering Mode Method [ROOT Not Required]

1. Download and Install Mobile Uncle  then grant superuser permission. You could also use MTK Engineering Mode
2. Select Engineer mode
3. Select Engineer mode (MTK)
4. Navigate to the Connectivity tab
5. Select CDS information
3. Select Radio Information

4. At Phone 1: Insert the command below then click Send at command

Code:

AT+EGMR=1,7,"IMEI1"

5. At Phone 2: Insert the command below then click Send at command

Code:

AT+EGMR=1,10,"IMEI2"

5a. If you get an error like "This command is not allowed in user build" then leave a space between AT+ and EGMR as show below

Code:

AT+ EGMR=The rest of the code

6. Go back to Mobile uncle home screen

7. Click on Engineer Mode
8. Select Engineer mode (Android)
9, Select Phone information
10.  Click Turn on radio

5. SN Write Tool (SN Writer) method [ROOT Not Required]

See the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-12306.html

6. Maui META method [ROOT Not Required]

See the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-12328.html

7. GSM Aladdin box method [ROOT Not Required]

See the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16794.html

8. Chamelephon method [ROOT Required]
See the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/blog/how-to-fix-...arshmallow
newjazzy
newjazzy
newjazzy
Techie Member
30-06-2017, 06:59 PM

(14-05-2014, 10:50 AM)hovatek
(14-05-2014, 08:15 AM)kyle Pls am havin prblm wit ma tecno m3

My phone is showin dis weneva (connection problm or invalid MMI) i try to chek my acct balance n i cant make call wit it but d netwrk signal is showin veri well but i cant call n chek acct balance pls i reali need ur hlp on dis on hw to retify d problem becoz dis prblm startd wen i rooted my phone

If i put my glo sim i can mak cal wit it n browse wit it but if i put my mtn n zain i will nt b able to browse ,call or even chek acct balance .

Does the GLO SIM work on both Sim1 and Sim2 or only on one of them?

My friend does any body have nvram of this Lenovo
S850t....or how I can up through memory card ... because it has no MMC slot
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
30-06-2017, 10:47 PM
(30-06-2017, 06:59 PM)newjazzy My friend does any body have nvram of this Lenovo
S850t....or how I can up through memory card ... because it has no MMC slot

Please, create a new thread for this
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
oyebola1
oyebola1
oyebola1
01-07-2017, 06:21 AM
im having this issue, ive read your tutorial but im really not good with system. my issue is invalid imei, wifi nvram error but detect simcard.

please i will like to meet so you help me with this please,
i,ve called ur help line and its not responding

im only typing this on someone elses phone

please pls kindy reach me even if its 5s call or text telling me its you ill call right back 
im in lagos,ikeja to be precise.

thanks
oyebola1
oyebola1
oyebola1
01-07-2017, 06:23 AM
im having this issue, ive read your tutorial but im really not good with system. my issue is invalid imei, wifi nvram error but detect simcard.

please pls kindy reach me even if its 5s call or text telling me its you ill call right back 

thanks
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
01-07-2017, 04:49 PM
(01-07-2017, 06:23 AM)oyebola1 im having this issue, ive read your tutorial but im really not good with system. my issue is invalid imei, wifi nvram error but detect simcard.

thanks

We don't provide offline support for now. If you could create a new thread then we'll be happy to guide you step by step.
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread

Note!
11-07-2017, 11:41 PM

Excellent tutorial!
Can you tell me if this works on Android Marshmallow?
Thank you very much in advance!
Pages (34): Previous 127 28 29 30 3134 Next