Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Bricked Motorola Droid 2 Global
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Bricked Motorola Droid 2 Global

[Please help] Bricked Motorola Droid 2 Global

macnuel
macnuel
macnuel
Enthusiastic Member
26-01-2015, 05:44 PM

I will really appreciate some directions on how to unbrick a Motorola Droid2 Global phone.

A friend wanted to change it to a Stock ROM but got it bricked and since had "dumped" it with me. All efforts to find a solution online meets with a brick wall.

The only thing the phone displays when put on is as follows:

Bootloader
D0.11
Err:A5,70,70,00,00

MEM_MAP Blank
Service Reg'd
Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

Help will be greatly appreciated.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
26-01-2015, 08:20 PM
(26-01-2015, 05:44 PM)macnuel I will really appreciate some directions on how to unbrick a Motorola Droid2 Global phone.

A friend wanted to change it to a Stock ROM but got it bricked and since had "dumped" it with me. All efforts to find a solution online meets with a brick wall.

The only thing the phone displays when put on is as follows:

Bootloader
D0.11
Err:A5,70,70,00,00

MEM_MAP Blank
Service Reg'd
Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

Help will be greatly appreciated.

Fastboot seems like your best alternative here. Have you been able to get the correct stock ROM for this phone?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
macnuel
macnuel
macnuel
Enthusiastic Member
27-01-2015, 10:06 AM
I got several as a matter of fact. At a point I even got an older ROM just to get the phone working. But whenever I use RSD Lite, it stops halfway when at reboot. I don't know if it was the process or something else. BTW, what do you mean by Fastboot? Could you please be more clearer?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-01-2015, 02:55 PM
(27-01-2015, 10:06 AM)macnuel I got several as a matter of fact. At a point I even got an older ROM just to get the phone working. But whenever I use RSD Lite, it stops halfway when at reboot. I don't know if it was the process or something else. BTW, what do you mean by Fastboot? Could you please be more clearer?

fastboot mode enables you unlock bootloader, flash files to your phone and more. setup fastboot on your PC using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-588.html
then google how to boot your phone into fastboot .
You can use AIO flasher to flash the files to your phone (see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-466.html )
BTW, list the files present in the ROMs you have

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-01-2015, 05:32 PM

also what error do you get in RSD lite?

Note!
macnuel
macnuel
macnuel
Enthusiastic Member
30-01-2015, 12:00 PM
Thanks Hovatek. I actually used RSD Lite again after trying to use Fastboot to no avail. Used a verizon Stock ROM and the phone is up and running.