Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] TECNO M5 Old Variant Stock Rom
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] TECNO M5 Old Variant Stock Rom

[Please help] TECNO M5 Old Variant Stock Rom

Kayods
Kayods
Kayods
Experienced Member
31-03-2016, 12:19 PM

Angry I have a Tecno M5 and and I tried to flash it with the ROM here but its not coming up because the ROM differs from the old one.
One thing I noticed was that while the phone was still okay, it had a white logo and then a loading dotted lines under the logo but the new ROM has a logo like that of the new variant of P5.
I guess if I can get the ROM of that same variant it'll fix the problem.
Anyone can Volunteer to help.
or is there a way to flash a different variant on another hardware and make it work?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
31-03-2016, 10:01 PM
(31-03-2016, 12:19 PM)Kayods Angry I have a Tecno M5 and and I tried to flash it with the ROM here but its not coming up because the ROM differs from the old one.
One thing I noticed was that while the phone was still okay, it had a white logo and then a loading dotted lines under the logo but the new ROM has a logo like that of the new variant of P5.
or is there a way to flash a different variant on another hardware and make it work?

What version of Android was it originally running on?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Kayods
Kayods
Kayods
Experienced Member
01-04-2016, 02:10 AM
(31-03-2016, 10:01 PM)hovatek
(31-03-2016, 12:19 PM)Kayods Angry I have a Tecno M5 and and I tried to flash it with the ROM here but its not coming up because the ROM differs from the old one.

What version of Android was it originally running on?

It's Version 4.2
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
01-04-2016, 10:01 PM
(01-04-2016, 02:10 AM)Kayods It's Version 4.2

Was flashing successful or you got an error?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Kayods
Kayods
Kayods
Experienced Member
01-04-2016, 10:09 PM

(01-04-2016, 10:01 PM)hovatek
(01-04-2016, 02:10 AM)Kayods It's Version 4.2

Was flashing successful or you got an error?

Flashing was successful.
I've fixed it. I flashed the ROM I got here after completely formatting the phone and it came up.
Thanks. Now I'm faced with a P3 that doesn't boot into recovery or factory mode.
I've created a thread for it.
I need help.
thanks once again.