Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Tecno G9 Tablet not charging after flashing
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Tecno G9 Tablet not charging after flashing

Tecno G9 Tablet not charging after flashing

Laban18
Laban18
Laban18
18-04-2016, 03:04 AM

Hi guys, it's an honor to be on your forum. This is my first post.
I have a problem. I have a Tecno G9 tablet which I gave to my dad. He used for a year now, and decided to get his own. Before he returned it, he transferred all vital information of his to his new tablet, then he performed a factory reset so as to return the tablet in an out-of-the-box state. This was the first problem. After the factory reset, the tablet was stuck in a boot loop, it wouldn't go past the Tecno logo on startup, it would just keep restarting. I performed a factory reset using the Android recovery menu, but still no hope, it was still stuck at the Tecno logo and it would restart. I decided to take it for some professional help, and I was told that they had to flash the Tablet (which is reloading the OS I presume) and I gave them go ahead. The tablet was flashed and the problem was fixed. It would turn on and everything seemed to be working fine. Or so I thought...
A new problem has surfaced. The tablet doesn't charge. It alternates between 2% and 3% (rising and falling). I have tried almost everything which includes charging it overnight, using another (2.0A) charger, I can't check the battery of the tablet cause it's inbuilt, and I don't think the problem is from the charging port, it looks fine.
I think the problem is from the ROM that was flashed onto it. Please could you give me a step by step tutorial on how to re-flash it? I would rather do it myself than give those guys cause they might just use the same buggy ROM. I would appreciate it if you could give me links to all the software and drivers I'll need for the process; along with a guide.
Thank you for your time and I await your responses.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-04-2016, 11:08 AM
(18-04-2016, 03:04 AM)Laban18 Hi guys, it's an honor to be on your forum. This is my first post.
I have a problem. I have a Tecno G9 tablet which I gave to my dad. He used for a year now, and decided to get his own. Before he returned it, he transferred all vital information of his to his new tablet, then he performed a factory reset so as to return the tablet in an out-of-the-box state. This was the first problem. After the factory reset, the tablet was stuck in a boot loop, it wouldn't go past the Tecno logo on startup, it would just keep restarting. I performed a factory reset using the Android recovery menu, but still no hope, it was still stuck at the Tecno logo and it would restart. I decided to take it for some professional help, and I was told that they had to flash the Tablet (which is reloading the OS I presume) and I gave them go ahead. The tablet was flashed and the problem was fixed. It would turn on and everything seemed to be working fine. Or so I thought...
A new problem has surfaced. The tablet doesn't charge. It alternates between 2% and 3% (rising and falling). I have tried almost everything which includes charging it overnight, using another (2.0A) charger, I can't check the battery of the tablet cause it's inbuilt, and I don't think the problem is from the charging port, it looks fine.
I think the problem is from the ROM that was flashed onto it. Please could you give me a step by step tutorial on how to re-flash it? I would rather do it myself than give those guys cause they might just use the same buggy ROM. I would appreciate it if you could give me links to all the software and drivers I'll need for the process; along with a guide.
Thank you for your time and I await your responses.

It's the firmware.
Download ours @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html and flash it using SP flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html
It'll fix the 3% issue
This post was last modified: 18-04-2016, 11:10 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
solomonarebu
solomonarebu
solomonarebu
21-04-2016, 07:20 AM
I do ve the hardware solution to tecno G9