Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Privacy Protection Password Issue
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Privacy Protection Password Issue

[Please help] Privacy Protection Password Issue

sparkle1
sparkle1
sparkle1
25-05-2016, 03:47 PM

Help!
I forgot my Privacy Protection Password and need to flash my phone, I've downloaded the firmware, SP flash tool and MediaTek USB VCOM drivers. I installed the VCOM driver using device manager as per instructions but each time I connect my phone to PC it only charges, SP flash tool doesn't detect it.
Note:
Phone is Leagoo Shark1 with in-built battery
PC runs on Windows 7 64 Bit
I turned off digital signature

Thanks in anticipation.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-05-2016, 06:32 PM
(25-05-2016, 03:47 PM)sparkle1 Help!
I forgot my Privacy Protection Password and need to flash my phone, I've downloaded the firmware, SP flash tool and MediaTek USB VCOM drivers. I installed the VCOM driver using device manager as per instructions but each time I connect my phone to PC it only charges, SP flash tool doesn't detect it.
Note:

Thanks in anticipation.

if it shows the charging sign then it means the drivers haven't been properly installed.
try a different Port, Cord and PC
BTW, does device manager refresh when you connect the phone?
This post was last modified: 25-05-2016, 06:40 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
sparkle1
sparkle1
sparkle1
27-05-2016, 03:25 AM
(25-05-2016, 06:32 PM)hovatek
(25-05-2016, 03:47 PM)sparkle1 Help!
Note:

Thanks in anticipation.

if it shows the charging sign then it means the drivers haven't been properly installed.
try a different Port, Cord and PC
BTW, does device manager refresh when you connect the phone?

Thanks for the help, issue has been fixed. The PC was not detecting my phone because of several MediaTek software running so I used USBDeview to fix then follow the recommended procedure for the rest.

Thanks