Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] TECNO R7 INTERNAL SD CARD DAMAGED
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] TECNO R7 INTERNAL SD CARD DAMAGED

[Please help] TECNO R7 INTERNAL SD CARD DAMAGED

Pages (8): Previous 1 2 3 4 58 Next
Kingsident
Kingsident
Kingsident
Techie Member
05-06-2016, 06:24 AM

I just noticed the phone is warm whole there is battery in
mensa
mensa
mensa
05-06-2016, 09:32 AM
(05-06-2016, 06:16 AM)Kingsident
(03-06-2016, 06:20 PM)mensa
(03-06-2016, 03:07 PM)Kingsident
(03-06-2016, 09:36 AM)mensa You try flashing but format before flash.format the sdcard with ext4 filesystem

I should format the phone first, then flash?
Then format the memory card using ext4 filesystem
Get a ROM designed for your phone. Then try flashing your phone but you should format the phone first before you flash.
NB: when you click on the format tab to format the phone, make sure you don't change anything; ie) setting there. Settings should be "Auto format flash" and " format whole flash except bootloader".leave it as it is and click on start. You must press and hold down the volume up key while connecting your phone for easy detection by sp flash tool. When flashing is complete, disconnect the phone and go back to download tab, click on the download and connect your phone following the same pattern.

I did as advised , i formatted before flash but while flashing it skips over to around 75% , continues like that till 100 % then the green tick comes up. When I disconnect the battery wait for sometime before slotting it back then on it, nothing happens, the phone doesn't respond, I try booting into recovery mode but nothing just unresponsive like I'm not doing anything.

Was there something I did wrong,please help me

Where did you get the ROM and how many files were in the ROM?

Sent from my Infinix-X600 using Hovatek mobile
Kingsident
Kingsident
Kingsident
Techie Member
05-06-2016, 09:46 AM
(05-06-2016, 09:32 AM)mensa
(03-06-2016, 03:07 PM)Kingsident
(03-06-2016, 09:36 AM)mensa You try flashing but format before flash.format the sdcard with ext4 filesystem

I should format the phone first, then flash?
Get a ROM designed for your phone. Then try flashing your phone but you should format the phone first before you flash.
NB: when you click on the format tab to format the phone, make sure you don't change anything; ie) setting there. Settings should be "Auto format flash" and " format whole flash except bootloader".leave it as it is and click on start. You must press and hold down the volume up key while connecting your phone for easy detection by sp flash tool. When flashing is complete, disconnect the phone and go back to download tab, click on the download and connect your phone following the same pattern.

I did as advised , i formatted before flash but while flashing it skips over to around 75% , continues like that till 100 % then the green tick comes up. When I disconnect the battery wait for sometime before slotting it back then on it, nothing happens, the phone doesn't respond, I try booting into recovery mode but nothing just unresponsive like I'm not doing anything.

I got it from here , it has been in my memory card for a while now, a month to be precise. I thought if something was wrong with it it would not extract at all? By the way all the files except user data and cache were in the rom
mensa
mensa
mensa
05-06-2016, 09:56 AM
(05-06-2016, 09:46 AM)Kingsident
(03-06-2016, 03:07 PM)Kingsident I should format the phone first, then flash?

I got it from here , it has been in my memory card for a while now, a month to be precise. I thought if something was wrong with it it would not extract at all? By the way all the files except user data and cache were in the rom

It could be from the ROM. It couldn't have skipped to 75% just like that. It should be gradual; partition after partition. Have you compare sizes: that of the files in your ROM to the original? You can as well try downloading the same ROM but from a different source. You can also flash Uboot and preloader alone to see.

It could as well be the battery so check to see if the battery is not totally dead

This post was last modified: 05-06-2016, 09:57 AM by mensa.
Kingsident
Kingsident
Kingsident
Techie Member
05-06-2016, 01:15 PM

(05-06-2016, 09:56 AM)mensa
(03-06-2016, 06:20 PM)mensa Get a ROM designed for your phone. Then try flashing your phone but you should format the phone first before you flash.

I did as advised , i formatted before flash but while flashing it skips over to around 75% , continues like that tillj 100 % then the green tick comes up. When I disconnect the battery wait for sometime before slotting it back then on it, nothing happens, the phone doesn't respond, I try booting into recovery mode but nothing just unresponsive like I'm not doing anything.

It could be from the ROM. It couldn't have skipped to 75% just like that. It should be gradual; partition after partition. Have you compare sizes: that of the files in your ROM to the original? You can as well try downloading the same ROM but from a different source. You can also flash Uboot and preloader alone to see.

It could as well be the battery so check to see if the battery is not totally dead

I'll try to get another ROM, it's not the first time I'm flashing with the ROM from here, it always works.
My two batteries are charged, whenever I press power button to switch on the phone, the phone gets warm.
mensa
mensa
mensa
05-06-2016, 02:15 PM
(05-06-2016, 01:15 PM)Kingsident
(05-06-2016, 06:16 AM)Kingsident I did as advised , i formatted before flash but while flashing it skips over to around 75% , continues like that tillj 100 % then the green tick comes up. When I disconnect the battery wait for sometime before slotting it back then on it, nothing happens, the phone doesn't respond, I try booting into recovery mode but nothing just unresponsive like I'm not doing anything.

I'll try to get another ROM, it's not the first time I'm flashing with the ROM from here,  it always works.
My two batteries are charged, whenever I press power button to switch on the phone, the phone gets warm.
When you downloaded that ROM, have you been able to flash before; If yes, did it ever skip to 75% and then continue steadily to 100%? 

When you try to power on the phone, does it vibrate?
Kingsident
Kingsident
Kingsident
Techie Member
05-06-2016, 05:01 PM
(05-06-2016, 02:15 PM)mensa
(05-06-2016, 09:32 AM)mensa Where did you get the ROM and how many files were in the ROM?

I'll try to get another ROM, it's not the first time I'm flashing with the ROM from here,  it always works.
When you downloaded that ROM, have you been able to flash before; If yes, did it ever skip to 75% and then continue steadily to 100%? 

Nope it has never skipped like this before , and no the phone didn't vibrate, just a little warm
mensa
mensa
mensa
05-06-2016, 05:56 PM
(05-06-2016, 05:01 PM)Kingsident
(05-06-2016, 02:15 PM)mensa
(05-06-2016, 09:46 AM)Kingsident I got it from here , it has been in my memory card for a while now, a month to be precise. I thought if something was wrong with it it would not extract at all? By the way all the files except user data and cache were in the rom

Nope it has never skipped like this before , and no the phone didn't vibrate, just a little warm

Then download the ROM again and try to reflash. Maybe from a different source or here.

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
06-06-2016, 01:26 AM
(05-06-2016, 06:24 AM)Kingsident I just noticed the phone is warm whole there is battery in

try reflashing stock rom
* format first (all except bootloader) then download
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
06-06-2016, 05:55 PM

Redownload the ROM @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Pages (8): Previous 1 2 3 4 58 Next