Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android NEED HELP, UNABLE TO FLASH TECNO BOOM J8
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

NEED HELP, UNABLE TO FLASH TECNO BOOM J8

NEED HELP, UNABLE TO FLASH TECNO BOOM J8

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Hakim seif
Hakim seif
Hakim seif
28-07-2016, 01:08 PM

Confused
Hello hovatekers.

i am requesting for a guideline on how to manually flash a tecno boom j8. is there any unscrewing of the back cover and removal of the battery required? and if so how can i perform the flashing?

i have flashed several tecno phones with removable batteries successfully using the sp flash tool. but when it comes to the tecno boom j8 with an unremovable battery. i cant seem to get the flashing done because i can't be able to initiate the flashing after scatter loading and downloading. the status bar just stucks at zero(0) and the tecno j8 phone just charges. it is not bricked but i want to flash a custom TWRP recovery so that i can be able to root the phone and enjoy its hardware because this phone packs a punch of perfomance  Big Grin  Big Grin

so please help me in this because i have used every rooting app for android and pc and i'm disappointed that they all did not work. Sad

thanks in advance. cheers !!
mensa
mensa
mensa
28-07-2016, 05:35 PM
(28-07-2016, 01:08 PM)Hakim seif Confused
Hello hovatekers.

i am requesting for a guideline on how to manually flash a tecno boom j8. is there any unscrewing of the back cover and removal of the battery required? and if so how can i perform the flashing?

i have flashed several tecno phones with removable batteries successfully using the sp flash tool. but when it comes to the tecno boom j8 with an unremovable battery. i cant seem to get the flashing done because i can't be able to initiate the flashing after scatter loading and downloading. the status bar just stucks at zero(0) and the tecno j8 phone just charges. it is not bricked but i want to flash a custom TWRP recovery so that i can be able to root the phone and enjoy its hardware because this phone packs a punch of perfomance  Big Grin  Big Grin

so please help me in this because i have used every rooting app for android and pc and i'm disappointed that they all did not work. Sad

Can you help with an nvram and seceo backup of a tecno p5 phone?

Sent from my Infinix-X600 using Hovatek mobile
Hakim seif
Hakim seif
Hakim seif
28-07-2016, 10:30 PM
(28-07-2016, 05:35 PM)mensa
(28-07-2016, 01:08 PM)Hakim seif Confused
Hello hovatekers.

Can you help with an nvram and seceo backup of a tecno p5 phone?

hey, i'm not being rude but you can not ask a question like that on someone's thread. by the way, here is a hovatek link to every tecno rom

https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html
mensa
mensa
mensa
28-07-2016, 11:48 PM
(28-07-2016, 10:30 PM)Hakim seif hey, i'm not being rude but you can not ask a question like that on someone's thread. by the way, here is a hovatek link to every tecno rom

https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html

I know it is your thread and am asking you that question to see if you can help me. I never said rom, I said an nvram and secro backup of either tecno p5 plus or if possible, p5.

I even wonder why I created an account on this site. Always giving helping hands to people, spending much time here replying to people's issues with the intention of helping but no one seems to help me with mine. except the hovatek Rep who is trying to help me out. I wonder if people register account here with the intention of always receiving help but never planned to give beeping hand to others here. Am beginning to think people over here with exception of hovatek crews are selfish. This is a community built so we can help ourselves and not to always receive the help you need but doesn't want to extend a hand to others. THAT IS SELFISH!!! I even wonder why am still suffering myself being on this site: being here when no one wants to help me. Thanks for your response bro.

This post was last modified: 29-07-2016, 01:10 AM by mensa.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
29-07-2016, 09:18 PM

(28-07-2016, 01:08 PM)Hakim seif Confused
Hello hovatekers.

If its showing a charging sign instead of flashing then its a driver isssue.
refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Hakim seif
Hakim seif
Hakim seif
30-07-2016, 08:55 PM
So you mean that it's totally possible to initiate rom download in sp flash tool without removing the tecno boom j8 battery?

Sent from my TECNO-J8 using Hovatek mobile
Hakim seif
Hakim seif
Hakim seif
30-07-2016, 08:57 PM
And what version of sp flash tool should i use? V3 or v5?

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
31-07-2016, 04:04 PM
(30-07-2016, 08:55 PM)Hakim seif So you mean that it's totally possible to initiate rom download in sp flash tool without removing the tecno boom j8 battery?

(30-07-2016, 08:57 PM)Hakim seif And what version of sp flash tool should i use?  V3 or v5?

very possible.
use the latest version @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Hakim seif
Hakim seif
Hakim seif
31-07-2016, 10:04 PM
Okay. Thanks. I got it to work and i successfully installed the TWRP recovery. I used it to make a full nandroid backup of this j8 phone. But i have another problem... the SU packages that i flash with the TWRP recovery don't seem to root the phone and much less even being installed at all. The twrp recovery shows succesful installment of each SU package but after rebooting i don't see the SU app. Please help.

ulirck kavishe
ulirck kavishe
01-08-2016, 09:14 AM

my phone techno j7 need to enter privacy protection passwad what can i do plzzz help me gay
Pages (2): 1 2 Next