Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] increasing internalmemory of mobile device
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] increasing internalmemory of mobile device

[Please help] increasing internalmemory of mobile device

ian kamau
ian kamau
ian kamau
16-02-2015, 04:41 PM

i am using techno n3s.i am trying to increase the internal memory.i have rooted and partitioned my phone with link to sd.i have installed link2sd but when i try to link the internal memory with the second partition using link2sd i get this:"Mount script cannot be created mount:invalid argument.the second partition is ext2..please help
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
16-02-2015, 06:50 PM
(16-02-2015, 04:41 PM)ian kamau i am using techno n3s.i am trying to increase the internal memory.i have rooted and partitioned my phone with link to sd.i have installed link2sd but when i try to link the internal memory with the second partition using link2sd i get this:"Mount script cannot be created mount:invalid argument.the second partition is ext2..please help

ensure you have busybox installed. also, change the partition to primary, not logical. alternatively, with the phone plugged in to pc/mass storage, format the ext2 partition again. in link2sd mount in ext4.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ian kamau
ian kamau
ian kamau
16-02-2015, 08:53 PM
i had made a small mistake.i didnt partition with link2sd,i used aparted which normally requires busybox to be installed nd just to clarify did you mean that i should delete the second partition and partition it to ext4 then use it with link2sd?and does aparted app make only primary partitions or do i need to repartition using a partitioning software?please help
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-02-2015, 11:08 AM
(16-02-2015, 08:53 PM)ian kamau i had made a small mistake.i didnt partition with link2sd,i used aparted which normally requires busybox to be installed nd just to clarify did you mean that i should delete the second partition and partition it to ext4 then use it with link2sd?and does aparted app make only primary partitions or do i need to repartition using a partitioning software?please help

if you partitioned the first time as ext4 and you're getting the error, try re-partitioning as ext2

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Keslar
Keslar
Keslar
17-02-2015, 11:10 AM

(16-02-2015, 08:53 PM)ian kamau i had made a small mistake.i didnt partition with link2sd,i used aparted which normally requires busybox to be installed nd just to clarify did you mean that i should delete the second partition and partition it to ext4 then use it with link2sd?and does aparted app make only primary partitions or do i need to repartition using a partitioning software?please help

read my post https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-1437.html