Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Wiko Sunny 6.0 MTK6580 custom recovery
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Wiko Sunny 6.0 MTK6580 custom recovery

Wiko Sunny 6.0 MTK6580 custom recovery

WikoSunny
WikoSunny
WikoSunny
Enthusiastic Member
25-10-2016, 06:05 PM

Hello,

First of all, this forums seems to be the heaven of MTK phones...
So let's give it a shot :-)

I have a Wiko Sunny device (MTK6580) with stock android 6.0.1 and want to root it.

I've spend hours on figuring out what to do (one click root tools, SP Flash, MTK Droid tools, ...) but nothing seems to work.
I attached the scatter from the stock rom.

I think that I need a custom recovery for my device, but can't find it anywhere.
TWRP doesn't list my device and there seems to be a method to flash custom CMW recovery through MTK Droid Tools, but this tool doesn't work either as you will see below.
It recognises my device, but when I try to root and select the stock rom's boot.img and recovery.img (downloaded from the net) it gives me this error:

--->>> Connect to device <<<---
--- ERROR : --- TotalBytesPerChunk Not Found. Set default Page/Spare=2048/64 !!!
--- Unknown ROM structure, backup NOT possible!
ATTENTION! File /system/recovery-from-boot.p which restore factory recovery in case of phone switching on in a normal mode Is Found!
error: only position independent executables (PIE) are supported.
ATTENTION! Requests for confirmation on the device screen are possible!
--- ERROR : SU inaccessible
--- Through CWM it is possible to get root on this phone! Look URLs :
http://forum.china-iphone.ru/viewtopic.p...84#p502084
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost...ostcount=5

On this forum I tried to look for solution for the TotalBytesPerChunk error so I installed busybox (doesn't open since it can't access a certain root folder and closes), I redownloaded MTK droid, my SD card is empty (32gb).

So not sure what to do now.

I think the custom recovery is key, because SP Flash tool works with the original recovery img. I thought I bricked my phone but reflashed all stock files and it came back to live. So my guess is that I need the custom recovery for this phone?

From there on I can flash the supersu.zip and I'm good to go, right?

Many many thanks!
This post was last modified: 25-10-2016, 06:28 PM by WikoSunny.
Attached Files
.txt
MT6580_Android_scatter.txt
Size: 9.15 KB / Downloads: 19
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
26-10-2016, 02:30 PM
(25-10-2016, 06:05 PM)WikoSunny Hello,

First of all, this forums seems to be the heaven of MTK phones...
So let's give it a shot :-)

I have a Wiko Sunny device (MTK6580) with stock android 6.0.1 and want to root it.

I've spend hours on figuring out what to do (one click root tools, SP Flash, MTK Droid tools, ...) but nothing seems to work.
I attached the scatter from the stock rom.

I think that I need a custom recovery for my device, but can't find it anywhere.
TWRP doesn't list my device and there seems to be a method to flash custom CMW recovery through MTK Droid Tools, but this tool doesn't work either as you will see below.
It recognises my device, but when I try to root and select the stock rom's boot.img and recovery.img (downloaded from the net) it gives me this error:

--->>> Connect to device <<<---
--- ERROR : --- TotalBytesPerChunk Not Found. Set default Page/Spare=2048/64 !!!
--- Unknown ROM structure, backup NOT possible!
ATTENTION! File /system/recovery-from-boot.p which restore factory recovery in case of phone switching on in a normal mode Is Found!
error: only position independent executables (PIE) are supported.
ATTENTION! Requests for confirmation on the device screen are possible!
--- ERROR : SU inaccessible
--- Through CWM it is possible to get root on this phone! Look URLs :
http://forum.china-iphone.ru/viewtopic.p...84#p502084
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost...ostcount=5

On this forum I tried to look for solution for the TotalBytesPerChunk error so I installed busybox (doesn't open since it can't access a certain root folder and closes), I redownloaded MTK droid, my SD card is empty (32gb).

So not sure what to do now.

I think the custom recovery is key, because SP Flash tool works with the original recovery img. I thought I bricked my phone but reflashed all stock files and it came back to live. So my guess is that I need the custom recovery for this phone?

From there on I can flash the supersu.zip and I'm good to go, right?

Many many thanks!

upload and drop the link to the stock recovery.img

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.