Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Infinix Note 3 won't turn on, nor charging, nor detecting in computer
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Infinix Note 3 won't turn on, nor charging, nor detecting in computer

Infinix Note 3 won't turn on, nor charging, nor detecting in computer

bellskar
bellskar
bellskar
Techie Member
18-11-2016, 03:59 PM

Hello guys,

I downloaded the stock ROM for Infinix Note 3 from https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-533.html
Infinix Note 3 with me is build H536A1 but I flashed the H537A1 on it. Both are very identical in partitions as you know the only difference between the two are the RAM and the Radio. Both issues shouldn't prevent the phone to turn on at all or to get detected in the computer when connected.

The flashing process however went well and completed with OK message. But after disconnecting when I tried to turn it on. It didn't.

I already tried disassemble the phone and disconnecting the battery and connecting again. reassembled the phone. It didn't make any difference. Put the phone on charge via power outlet for 5 to 10 minutes. It also didn't make the difference.

Now have put the phone in the box will try again in a few hours.

Until then anyone has any suggestion to do with this? Appreciate it.

Thank you
bellskar
bellskar
bellskar
Techie Member
18-11-2016, 07:47 PM
Never mind. I've it recovered now.
As told in original post, there was no response from the phone in no way including USB connection to PC, or charging with power outlet.

It however responded to PC when connected via USB and holding phone's (Power Button + Volume Up buttons) down. It connects to PC at "MediaTek USB Port" (COMx) when you see in Device Manager.

Expecting it would work for SP Flash Tool to detect the phone for flashing, I just tried and it actually worked.
Once detected by SP Flash Tool, the connection mode changed to MediaTek DA USB which proceeded to flash the firmware and ended with OK message.

Thank you.
peter osoro
peter osoro
peter osoro
20-11-2016, 03:31 PM
You know that happened to me when note 2 was released
I tried to root the same day I bought it ending up bricking it.
I rushed and downloaded H532-A1-L rom and flashed to mine which was H533-A1-L and it died like that
No preloader aka dead boot meaning the phone can't be detected anymore...Now what you are supposed to do is search for test points so that the phone can be detected and flash the correct rom.
It took Months before someone found the test points for the note 2.
Goodluck and btw thats the only solution if not getting a new MB
leereubens
leereubens
leereubens
04-07-2017, 07:53 AM
Hi Im, LeeReubens.
I did the same as you did with my infinix note 3 android phone( i used a flashtool to flash it and then after the whole process to completion, now my phone can't power on nor can it charge nor connect to PC via USB.)
Kindly assist me with the whole process of recovering  or rather reviving my dead phone.
peter osoro
peter osoro
peter osoro
04-07-2017, 08:15 AM

(04-07-2017, 07:53 AM)leereubens Hi Im, LeeReubens.
I did the same as you did with my infinix note 3 android phone( i used a flashtool to flash it and then after the whole process to completion, now my phone can't power on nor can it charge nor connect to PC via USB.)
Kindly assist me with the whole process of recovering  or rather reviving my dead phone.

Try connecting the phone while pressing power and volume buttons
And start by pressing the preloaded first of the correct rom

Sent from my ONE PLUS 5 using Hovatek mobile
leereubens
leereubens
leereubens
04-07-2017, 09:19 AM
(04-07-2017, 08:15 AM)peter osoro
(04-07-2017, 07:53 AM)leereubens Hi Im, LeeReubens.

Try connecting the phone while pressing power and volume buttons
And start by pressing the preloaded first of the correct rom

Sent from my ONE PLUS 5 using Hovatek mobile

I have tried doing that but with no luck at all.. may be Im the one who has been doing the wrong thing... kindly what do you mean when you say '' start by pressing the preloaded first of the correct rom''?
Qunle
Qunle
Qunle
07-07-2018, 10:12 AM
I have the same issue can anyone help me out?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
07-07-2018, 05:12 PM
(07-07-2018, 10:12 AM)Qunle I have the same issue can anyone help me out?

this is someone else's thread, create a new thread for your device issue
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread